37mm half-track

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Krieger Blitzer

37mm half-track

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I never knew the 37mm half-track from Blitz doc, is that much powerful with HE rounds until recently.. even against the Recce ^^

Truly getting in love with the 37mm half-track 8-) From now on, it's 1 BIG reason to choose Blitz doc over Terror on the other hand, because basically both Blitz doc and Def doc are able to deal with the Recce easily.. thanks to the 28mm half-track in Def doc and the 37mm half-track in Blitz doc.
Some players even told me the 37mm half-track is over-performing this way.. but nope, I disagree; as I believe it's absolutely fine as it is!

Me (Blitz doc) vs FLASH (RE doc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjQHfPBSluQ
Video Thumbnail
Video Thumbnail

in total, we had 4 times 1v1 games together... I actually lost once before, as Axis! That's when he was Armor doc.
Generally though, I enjoyed all the games vs him.. really interesting player so far!

Mr. FeministDonut

Re: 37mm half-track

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

37mm half-track would be perfectly fine, if it had to be used AP rounds, not the HE one, to destroy Recce, lol.

Krieger Blitzer

It needs 3 or 4 hits with HE in order to kill it... I think it's fine because M5/M3 Stuart can kill Puma the same way with HE rounds! :P
37mm AP rounds have very little penetration on the other hand though :/

And btw, I have seen the HE rounds sometimes bouncing off Recce.. which is weird but understandable, so HE rounds don't always deal damage.

Mr. FeministDonut

Tiger1996 wrote:It needs 3 or 4 hits with HE in order to kill it... I think it's fine because M5/M3 Stuart can kill Puma the same way with HE rounds! :P
37mm AP rounds have very little penetration on the other hand though :/

And btw, I have seen the HE rounds sometimes bouncing off Recce.. which is weird but understandable, so HE rounds don't always deal damage.

I can't see a logic here, why HE rounds would destroy light vehicle, rather than AP rounds? It is an exploit and bug, since you won't be able to do the same to US light vehicles, you wouldn't even damage a lot just halftrack with HE rounds. But Recce, three hits?

Krieger Blitzer

Hmm, well... I think the 37mm HE rounds are also effective against Greyhound and US half-tracks; and the Recce isn't really a Stuart tank after all.
As it doesn't have a turret, and the gunner is very exposed. Though, I see your point.. but at the same time I still think that 37mm half-track should always be a threat to the Recce, so if HE rounds have to be less effective.. then I think the AP rounds should be more effective in return.

Mr. FeministDonut

Tiger1996 wrote:Hmm, well... I think the 37mm HE rounds are also effective against Greyhound and US half-tracks; and the Recce isn't really a Stuart tank after all.
As it doesn't have a turret, and the gunner is very exposed. Though, I see your point.. but at the same time I still think that 37mm half-track should always be a threat to the Recce, so if HE rounds have to be less effective.. then I think the AP rounds should be more effective in return.

That's right. AP against vehicles, HE against infantry

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wow. I think it was in the old Forum (2015 or older) when i mentioned the powerfull HE of this vehicle. It can quite easily oneshot entire squads. I loved using it on maps like road to montherm due to the narrow streets the provide no cover. It feels to be as good (or better when HE sherman got nerfed a bit 2 or 3 years ago) as HE sherman. Esspecially since allied infantry is walking in a tight line formation HE rounds are very devestating.

The only reason i didnt use this unit that often was the ammount of ammo required. It did cost 75 ammo each time you switch to HE which was too much at the time this vehicle came out (early-mid stage). I also never swapped back to AP for this reason. Another drawback is its halftrack design. One hit in the front of any 37 mm gun and the engine is destroyed outright.
Idk how it is now in terms of cost. Havent used it in latest patch.

About HE vs vehicles. Well i think it depends on armor. Against halftracksna light armored vehicles the HE was used as AP often flew straight through. Stuart type light tanks however had enough armor to withstand such light HE´s.
In BK HE is not standardized. The HE from sherman deals nice damage vs halftracks, the german stubby HE does not. So in this regard BK needs a rework and a decision first in the debatte about how effective HE should be vs halftracks and light vehicles.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Warhawks97 wrote:Wow. I think it was in the old Forum (2015 or older) when i mentioned the powerfull HE of this vehicle. It can quite easily oneshot entire squads. I loved using it on maps like road to montherm due to the narrow streets the provide no cover. It feels to be as good (or better when HE sherman got nerfed a bit 2 or 3 years ago) as HE sherman. Esspecially since allied infantry is walking in a tight line formation HE rounds are very devestating.

The only reason i didnt use this unit that often was the ammount of ammo required. It did cost 75 ammo each time you switch to HE which was too much at the time this vehicle came out (early-mid stage). I also never swapped back to AP for this reason. Another drawback is its halftrack design. One hit in the front of any 37 mm gun and the engine is destroyed outright.
Idk how it is now in terms of cost. Havent used it in latest patch. .

It costs 15 muni now. It's a no-brainer, at this point.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL