[Discord] vs Hawks & old players

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Krieger Blitzer

[Discord] vs Hawks & old players

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Allied

Hawks >>> inf

Aposso >>> Armor

TheOdisk >>> RA

VS

Axis

Me >>> Terror

Shadow >>> Terror

Kwok >>> TH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSlpxFn7y4Q
Video Thumbnail
Video Thumbnail

Replay file attached in the video description ;) And hopefully we could have a rematch anytime with swapped faction sides.
I mean that if Hawks wants to rematch anytime (maybe tonight) and we play Allies, then I'm all up for it...
And I would also upload it regardless of the result, but only as long as the game is longer than 30 minutes though.

Warhawks97

Re: [Discord] vs Hawks & old players

Post by Warhawks97 »

Oh, double Terror. Thats why there was so much arty. I was already thought that one of you guys havent choosed a doctrine even.

Well, nice firework.

And when kwok said we started camping he was probably kidding. I tried as much as possible to prevent game from becoming campy. I almost succeeded when we attacked tiger together.
As US the last thing i want is campy. US+camp= death..... But all aggressive attempts failed so far and cost me just units. I was hunting mortar HT´s over the half map with 57 mm HT without success. But sdkfz 234 with 75 mm, mortars, 50 mm and then stug and hetzer spam, sandbags in a lenght of the chinese wall..... Right, we started camping. The howitzer was the last and best tool to make progress.

Oh@Markr: The US HEAT shot hit a damaged sdkfz 234.... guess what it did... it damaged it even more.
In previous games i had a schwimmwagen surviving a hit with main gun destroyed.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I could have went Blitz doc, but I was very reluctant for this decision.. as I still believe that Blitz doc can't do much in such serious games, or too risky!

And obviously Def doc isn't the style I prefer.. so I had to go Terror doc as well, which was the only safe decision remaining.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:
And obviously Def doc isn't the style I prefer.. so I had to go Terror doc as well, which was the only safe decision remaining.

Terror is always save to go. Most who dont know what or how to play WH going for terror. Its not the best early doc and so on but it provides you with everything you need to handle all situations. Its not one of those "pro player" docs with super combo stuff and timing. Just the brute force and the fact you get all you need in one doc.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hawks, it wasn’t camping that allies started. It was arty. It’s a small map and I wasn’t going to put myself at a disadvantage of NOT getting arty in the arty party. I won’t bring a knife to a gun fight, especially if the fight is going to be at a gun range. I went tank hunter and when the arty started I was like “okay me too, hodgekiss it is”.

Camping is the natural state of the doctrines chosen: both terror and tankhunter are late game doctrines. If we had chosen other doctrines maybe we wouldn’t have camped as hard cuz we would have more early/mid game power. And we chose those doctrines specifically because they were safe bets like you mentioned. That’s why if you notice we did NOT try to capture the bottom fuel point, only denying you. Forcing an easier capture on the top fuel point puts us at a relative fuel lead which is enough for us. We don’t need all the fuel, just more than you. Your team did well in double teaming the top fuel, but in the end map positioning made it more optimal for us to take more control (just as optimally it is easier for your team to take the bottom).

It was your mate that chose the map that lead to our painful decisions. You must honestly expect “the same old shit” if we played “the same old map”. You KNOW at least I would go for variety if conditions allowed it. I’m confident that Tiger and shadow would too depending on the situation, but again we didn’t choose the map, no use in deviating from the meta.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.