King Tiger - Triumph!

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Krieger Blitzer

King Tiger - Triumph!

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

So, I have recently mentioned on some other topics that the KT is a useless unit.. while I still believe that my statements are somewhat true, yet...
I do have to acknowledge the fact that it's true ONLY as long as there is no more SP on the battlefield or any Airborne airstrikes to bother.
At this point, the King Tiger would simply become a monster! Only otherwise the KT would have a hard time, specifically against AB airstrikes!

Clearly, this has to be my HIGHEST killing spree EVER in a serious PvP game with the King Tiger tank.. ever since I've started playing Bk Mod YEARS ago... I have achieved similar results in the past with other tanks such as the Tiger1 and Super Pershing, a lot of times actually! Also did the same with the Panther.G and normal M26 Pershing sometimes as well. Though, I've NEVER went so high with the KT before... And that was probably the reason why I have always believed it's useless. Although I have definitely seen other players performing impressively with the King Tiger for a few times.. but what I meant is; I never did it myself in a serious PvP game before.. but here it just happened.

ALLIED

Lehr >>> RE doc

Wurf >>> Armor doc

VS

AXIS

Me >>> Terror doc

Boba >>> Luft doc
(also known as "NoT" on Steam or "Mr.FeministDonut" here on the forum)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfJnFH7W1lA
Video Thumbnail
Video Thumbnail

Despite we were obviously in a huge trouble early and mid game, yet.. later we somehow managed to turn the tide completely!
Replay file also attached in the video description ;) Though, it's worth to notify that it will be surely out-dated once the new patch is released.
Perhaps the MOST enjoyable game I've ever played, at least in the past 6 months...

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: King Tiger - Triumph!

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

To be honest, after 25 mins game for Axis was lost. A couple of RE emplacements + HE Shermans support to Pershings and game could have been finished in a few minutes. But instead, Allies were recklessly wasting their tanks to stupid Schrecks, really poor perfomance from their side.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

At this time axis had too many important resource points in controle as that you could start relaxing. Hetzers and stug in ambush would easily handle the HE shermans. Or simply 88. On the long hand the RE guy wouldnt be able to maintain all his emplacments as the Terror doc would become stronger and stronger. Ultimately the versatility of luft and terror would have beaten allied armor. And RE is too expensive as that it could provide emplacment that would be threaten by perhaps sturmtiger in the long term, repeated attacks and stuka dive bombers and 95 mm churchills being threaten by henschels. So he would have to provide bofors and aa tanks as well since US armor doc does not have such a strong AA defense.

As allied without RE you must have made a decision till that time. They perhaps didnt play best and without mistakes. But when you are forced to finish the game within a given time it puts a lot of pressure on it. I have played countless games as allied without RA doc. And you really have that sort of pressure that you have to make a great start or get locked down and then bombed to dust.

I am at min 23 now. Relaxed camping wouldnt be an option. Their only chance would have been perhaps to give up the medium ammo point and trying to keep it uncaptured by axis by using mortars and stuff and switching sides with their main force. And no pershings but instead easy eights, jumbo and 17 pdr tanks and perhaps a churchill. CW pay less for effective tank busting tools, US less for mobility and "all- rounder".
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Commissar

Post by Commissar »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:To be honest, after 25 mins game for Axis was lost. A couple of RE emplacements + HE Shermans support to Pershings and game could have been finished in a few minutes. But instead, Allies were recklessly wasting their tanks to stupid Schrecks, really poor perfomance from their side.

Yep.

Krieger Blitzer

Well, ya.. we were crushed early on. Though, I think camping wouldn't be a great idea for the RE doc player... Boba had enough ammo for Stuka airstrikes to clear out any emplacements, and I had the SturmTiger as well.. also, this is relatively a big map for 2vs2 so Lehr can't really build emplacements everywhere. It was impressive how he used mines though! Pretty much the entire left side of the map was a minefield.

They could have ended this if Wurf was AB doc and not Armor doc. it's not really a good idea to go double Armor docs!
RE and AB have always been a mighty combo.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

@Hawks

What are you talking about lol? I lost a count of how many times I facepalmed during this video, allies played like complete noobs, how many Pershings and Comets they had lost in silly front engagements with schrecks, 10-12? However, despite such heavy casualties they were still able to push Axis almost till their bases, conquering all major res points at the same time.

Your bias on every single replay topic starts to irritate me, when allies troll arround sending dozens of super cost effective units which consume Axis forces like swarm of mutanted grasshopers, replacing casualties in a blink of an eye, you be like "omg, Axis just needed Volks with mg34 to win this game, such a mistake from their side".

The truth is - early-mid game stage is EXTREMELY favors Allies at the moment, they have better mobility, better unit composition and, most importantly, better punch power of the docs, as you obtain core doc instruments after just 6-8 points.

A while ago I described this in details (idk in which topic). So, shortly:

Inf doc - 6 points and you get

- Thick ass infantry butcher Jumbo, I won tens of games by simply rolling this thing out after 12-13 mins of the game start, Axis can only stop it with pak rocket shot or ambushed Hetzer, brilliant assault unit
- Annoying saboteur squad with a wide range of abilities
- Arty strike

RE - 6 points and you get

- HE Churchill which can instantly win a game
- Very good arty unit
- Achiles as ultimate tank destroyer

On the other hand, all WH docs are extremely slow ass, there are literally only 3 units which deserve respect: Puma, PZ4 and Stug 4. The rest are just cannon fodder which tries to hold the line till heavy tanks and arty arrive. And thats basically how every game goes, Axis only camp in the middle of the map, being afraid to loose a single unit and saving res for tanks, while Allies have fun and push from all direction with their effective unit composition and powerfull doctrine abilities.

Pls note that I am OK with how Allies perform at the moment, it is fun to play every single doc (well, RE not that fun because they still didnt manage to get a single recon unit (wtf??), dont mention Dingo, who will spend 320 MP for this clown car? Its only usefull during the first 5 mins of the game). Meanwhile, axis docs besides Luft and SE are pure shame, they are slow ass, boring and linear, most of them rely only on late game super units, while competely lacking early-mid game punch.

P.S. This game was awesome though, for a moment I felt a desire to come back to BK for a match or two.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Truth is after henschel killed sp and we saw kt as double armor doctrine we were losing hope and played like shit at the end nothing to counter the kt plus luft swarm as double armor docs.. btw the kt got immobilized by a anti tank mine no hawkins but seems like those at mines are completly useless tellermines are better they maybe immobilize but only with small amount of dmg..
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:@Hawks

What are you talking about lol? I lost a count of how many times I facepalmed during this video, allies played like complete noobs, how many Pershings and Comets they had lost in silly front engagements with schrecks, 10-12? However, despite such heavy casualties they were still able to push Axis almost till their bases, conquering all major res points at the same time.

Your bias on every single replay topic starts to irritate me, when allies troll arround sending dozens of super cost effective units which consume Axis forces like swarm of mutanted grasshopers, replacing casualties in a blink of an eye, you be like "omg, Axis just needed Volks with mg34 to win this game, such a mistake from their side".

The truth is - early-mid game stage is EXTREMELY favors Allies at the moment, they have better mobility, better unit composition and, most importantly, better punch power of the docs, as you obtain core doc instruments after just 6-8 points.

- Thick ass infantry butcher Jumbo, I won tens of games by simply rolling this thing out after 12-13 mins of the game start, Axis can only stop it with pak rocket shot or ambushed Hetzer, brilliant assault unit
- Arty strike

- Very good arty unit

On the other hand, all WH docs are extremely slow ass, there are literally only 3 units which deserve respect: Puma, PZ4 and Stug 4. The rest are just cannon fodder which tries to hold the line till heavy tanks and arty arrive. And thats basically how every game goes, Axis only camp in the middle of the map, being afraid to loose a single unit and saving res for tanks, while Allies have fun and push from all direction with their effective unit composition and powerfull doctrine abilities.

Pls note that I am OK with how Allies perform at the moment, it is fun to play every single doc (well, RE not that fun because they still didnt manage to get a single recon unit (wtf??), dont mention Dingo, who will spend 320 MP for this clown car? Its only usefull during the first 5 mins of the game). Meanwhile, axis docs besides Luft and SE are pure shame, they are slow ass, boring and linear, most of them rely only on late game super units, while competely lacking early-mid game punch.

P.S. This game was awesome though, for a moment I felt a desire to come back to BK for a match or two.

why do you speak of SE? You never use it, at least, I never saw you use it ... besides, the luft is strong

Krieger Blitzer

Dayym! If it was possible to "show love" for any post here on the forum just the same way how it's possible on the YouTube comment section, then I would have actually done that to Sukin's last post :D Specifically this part:

- Arty strike

- Very good arty unit

I really share the same opinion! ;)

=========================================================

Regardless though... It looks like I have some sort of a "BK disease for scoring ACES" this week!! :D First I did that with the SP when I was with Henny on Discord, then the same happened here with the KT as well, aaaand guess what.. just did that AGAIN with the Tiger1 last night! :lol:

6p_lafiere.2018-04-04.03-36-07.rec
Bk Mod, v5.1.4 1st Beta phase, playback file.
(3.8 MiB) Downloaded 67 times

I am almost crying my blood for not recording this game T_T
It's because as you can see, the game was not played on v5.1.3 this time.. but it's actually a beta game on the other hand.
And I kinda believed that I should not record any "BETA" games.. however; now I am only regretting myself so bad :cry:

Every single veterancy star that my Tiger1 owned during this battle.. literally made me have an orgasm!!! i was flying so high in the sky :mrgreen:

So, I could only upload the replay file of that game.. anyone of those who can access the beta, is able to watch it without problems!
The teams were like this:

Me (Blitz doc), with Mofeta (aka Figree) as Terror doc, and Walderschmidt as SE doc
VS
Shadowichgo (RAF) Boba (ARMOR) and MAJOR YSER (RE)

Really feeling sorry for not recording this one :( It's pretty much the game of the year!

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Tiger1996 wrote:Dayym! If it was possible to "show love" for any post here on the forum just the same way how it's possible on the YouTube comment section, then I would have actually done that to Sukin's last post :D Specifically this part:

- Arty strike

- Very good arty unit

I really share the same opinion! ;)

=========================================================

Regardless though... It looks like I have some sort of a "BK disease for scoring ACES" this week!! :D First I did that with the SP when I was with Henny on Discord, then the same happened here with the KT as well, aaaand guess what.. just did that AGAIN with the Tiger1 last night! :lol:

It's because as you can see, the game was not played on v5.1.3 this time.. but it's actually a beta game on the other hand.
And I kinda believed that I should not record any "BETA" games.. however; now I am only regretting myself so bad :cry:

Every single veterancy star that my Tiger1 owned during this battle.. literally made me have an orgasm!!! i was flying so high in the sky :mrgreen:

So, I could only upload the replay file of that game.. anyone of those who can access the beta, is able to watch it without problems!

Me (Blitz doc), with Mofeta (aka Figree) as Terror doc, and Walderschmidt as SE doc
VS

Really feeling sorry for not recording this one :( It's pretty much the game of the year!

dont lie tiger you dont know how an orgasm feels like...jk xD
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

- Arty strike

- Very good arty unit

And i am not denying this. Sure lots of pershings got wasted but it doesnt mean they could have camped... just using more shermans and fireflys/comets instead of silly rushes.

But comets could have been countered by hetzers. Just they stopped getting them bc of pershings although (in 5.13) the hetzers had a very good chance to knock out even pershings from ambush.

And what you describe is what is pissing me so fucking hard. The changes on Garand favoured allies untill the moment the Puma with 20 mm comes. But if you made a mistake like wasting jeep or rifle squad to idk.... lucky grenades or whatever.... you have a lots of pressure suddenly if you have no RA mate. How many times (in all versions) i played games as allied without RA mate. Either we got in favoured position by dominating first 25 mins or we were lost. Losing two units and you knew that all mighty Puma/50 mm pak/81 mm mortar will arrive soon and almost taking all chances of success... rushing for shermans? nope bc there are 50 mm AT and perhaphs spammy stugs.
Rushing arty (when you dont have RA doc)? Well that might help a for a short time but is easily countered. When axis defense was focused on mobility arty wasnt a real option.

So the point is that you fucking have to get into a better position within first 25 mins. Esspecially with random mates and no RA doc. And achieveing this your described meta is mandatory. The Garand is making it easier a bit. But after that its getting hard. Axis will secure the most valuable points and making first comeback with puma, stugs and tank IV´s. Allied further offensives are necessary but become more and more risky due to hetzers, stugs etc. Every lose of unit brings a you step closer to lose the game, no matter about the replacing capabilties. Without the "all-clearing" Priest spam is very limited in efficiency. Esspecially as most axis defense weapon are special anti spam tools (rate of fire, pen chances, ranged combat focus).
Axis meanwhile are slow (except BK doc), but gaining power steadily. Holding valuable points and slowly starting to increase their massive artillery arsenal. And later they gonna nuke the entire map with rockets and other spam artillery. And since allied tanks and vehicles are more vulnerable to near arty hits (as you can see in various topics here, latest the vehicle durability against arty) their army gets smaller and smaller and axis rocket arty more accurate with vet untill they reach modern rocket artillery GPS guidance accuracy on max vet.

So everything is meta and linear. Allied meta is timing within the first 25 mins to make the game. Axis surviving the first 25 mins and start bombing the map and slowly pushing forward. Basically axis win sometimes without even attacking really. They so called offense are soft pushes and on every smallest resistance they shoot artillery. RA is what usually keeps allied in game when the first 25 mins didnt went perfect for them.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Shanks wrote:

- Arty strike

- Very good arty unit

why do you speak of SE? You never use it, at least, I never saw you use it ... besides, the luft is strong

I dont think we've ever played together, since you are relatively new player and I barely played last year. Although, I used to be one of the few players who had high perfomance with all doctrines and SE have always been one of my favorite ones.

Krieger Blitzer

Tiger1996 wrote:Regardless though... It looks like I have some sort of a "BK disease for scoring ACES" this week!! :D First I did that with the SP when I was with Henny on Discord, then the same happened here with the KT as well, aaaand guess what.. just did that AGAIN with the Tiger1 last night! :lol:

VS

Note: this replay is no longer compatible with the beta version by the way, as it has been updated.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:I dont think we've ever played together, since you are relatively new player and I barely played last year. Although, I used to be one of the few players who had high perfomance with all doctrines and SE have always been one of my favorite ones.

Ok,I'm sorry, you're my idol, really, it's not sarcasm ... because you kicked my ass when I was new, maybe you can do it now too, your favorite maps are the little ones, in 1v1 ... then I kick your ass just once, when you played with mencius ... and then you left bk..and now you come back haha