Promised YouTube videos... Must see!!

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Krieger Blitzer

Promised YouTube videos... Must see!!

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hello guys! Enjoy ^^ Also press like and subscribe, if u don't mind :D

That's my channel where u can see all the 15 videos I uploaded ;)
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN2lKUM5GP_YGwZqwgMqHJA
Recently 7 videos were just been uploaded :)

I recommend those as to be best ever of all times; "Wittmann's and Barkmann's last stand"_"The Tiger tank superiority"_"A Tiger being flanked"_"Early Tigers insure victory"_"Tigers vs Typhoons" (New ones)
"German tanks FTW"_"Cool game highlights" (Old ones)

Don't forget to read the description of each video ^_^

Warhawks97

Re: Promised YouTube videos... Must see!!

Post by Warhawks97 »

ive watched the earyl tiger vid and its one of the things why i think Tigerphobia has a too great affect on everything- even against veted pershings for example. It makes the tiger more or less immun against flanking and makes sure to escape. Ive onced tried to knock out damaged Tiger that was heading back to base with a hellcat in flank speed and this guy activated the ability (main gun of the tiger was destroyed iirc) and i couldnt get close enough to kill it although every experienced tankbuster crew would have used that chance to knock out such a Tank.

Tigers with crit engine damage or main gun destroyed should not be able to use it. Also no or less crazy effect against veted enemie crews or Tankbusters that got flank speed and which are esspecially used and send by the player with the purpose to exactly attack the Tiger.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

I am a lot satisfied on everything about the Tiger tank of Bk mod. No values at all should be changed on that tank! It's very well made and one of the best models that were designed inside the game btw... The Tigerphobia thing is very realistic too as I believe ^^ And it should always remain to be unique for the Tigers and the KTs only.

U gotta continue watching and specifically see that one titled as "A Tiger being flanked" it's about the short video of the conversation I made with keks few weeks ago, I guess u very well remember ;)

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

I do agree, the Tiger functions perfectly, now fix the god damn churchills! My god, it's been so long, and they are still their same terrible selves.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

V13dweller wrote:I do agree, the Tiger functions perfectly, now fix the god damn churchills! My god, it's been so long, and they are still their same terrible selves.

Perfectly? i crippled tiger is retreating and when a tankhunter on flank speed (and vet) comes to finish them the heavily damaged, crippled and retreating tiger which is no more fear due to main gun destroyed activates the ability and all the tankhunters stuck where they are without a chance to get close..... really "perfect".

Also a SP crew suddenly stucks btw. The Tiger on Vet two is basically unbeatable so far. Arty may helps. But killing a vet 2 tiger in a offense is very hard. Esspecially US tanks which are supposed to get close have hard times when they suddenly stuck due to tigerphobia. And i simply think that Tankbusters which joining the already on going tank battle with flank speed and HVAP active etc shouldnt stuck suddenly.

Platoon commander: "OK Tankhunter crews, we just spotted a tiger that is fighting with our tanks. Move out and destroy it and dont be scared because the enemie wont expect you coming"
Tank crews: " Alright, we go out and kill it. We have 3 hellcats"

*Hellacts quickly drive towards the Tiger and facing the Flank of the Tiger which is exposed*

Hellacts tank commanders:" There is the Tiger, lets get close and kill it. They havent seen us coming"

*all hellcats suddenly stuck*

Commander: "Driver, what happend? get close we need to make a clear shot!!"
Driver/crews:" Hell idk!! They must have activated an ability that makes my boddy and my Tank suddenly fearing them!"

Hope that points out what i consider a bit ridicoluos.

Krieger Blitzer

The Tiger tank functions are all perfectly set... If there is something wrong with any functions in the game then it must be with other units specifically on the Allies side, the early Jumbo for example which is ridiculously cheap and a lot effective.. also the over-rated Churchill's 75mm gun as it should be a lot weaker with almost zero chances of penetrating the Tiger's frontal armor but what's supposed is for its armor on the other hand to be much stronger on the stage or the level where it should be able to greatly bounce off the Tiger's 88mm gun shells from the front like the current unrealistic Jumbo or even tougher.

I do very well clearly understand ur point Warhawks and I can say it's legit but in my opinion it's unfair to change this while several other ridiculous points and values in comparison on the Allies side are still badly represented. The gliders for example!!! And yes; the SP crew can fear the Tiger, why not??!! I killed an SP face to face with a single Tiger loaded with AP rounds before btw. Plus that actually when did the SP catch the war even??!! U know.. so just leave it as it is!! The Tiger was a tank of highly respectful reputation during the war.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:The Tiger tank functions are all perfectly set... If there is something wrong with any functions in the game then it must be with other units specifically on the Allies side, the early Jumbo for example which is ridiculously cheap and a lot effective.. also the over-rated Churchill's 75mm gun as it should be a lot weaker with almost zero chances of penetrating the Tiger's frontal armor but what's supposed is for its armor on the other hand to be much stronger on the stage or the level where it should be able to greatly bounce off the Tiger's 88mm gun shells from the front like the current unrealistic Jumbo or even tougher.

I do very well clearly understand ur point Warhawks and I can say it's legit but in my opinion it's unfair to change this while several other ridiculous points and values in comparison on the Allies side are still badly represented. The gliders for example!!! And yes; the SP crew can fear the Tiger, why not??!! I killed an SP face to face with a single Tiger loaded with AP rounds before btw. Plus that actually when did the SP catch the war even??!! U know.. so just leave it as it is!! The Tiger was a tank of highly respectful reputation during the war.

sure, but this ability is broken. Its like "click to encounter any enemie tactical skill". As a long as a crippled and almost finsihed tiger can escape by simply using Tigerphobia and all enemie tanks do suddenly stop the word "tactial" gameplay or "skilled" playing gets a new meaning.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Problem with Tigerophobia and other abilities lies in that they were even introduced. While I agree that a lot of abilities are unrealistic or somewhat bad, but its a game and if we would remove all these force retreats, tigerophobias etc. we wouldn't have much left. While I can undestand that some players would prefer rather more realistic gameplay, its not always fun.

Little example, airborne units are reinforced via air generally. If we would remove that air one by one dropping, you would be left with pretty basic squad. Because realism, they should also have +- same stats as other infantry and maybe a bit different weapon loadout. Imagine that we would remove "right out of the building" of CQBs or stormtroopers. CQBs would be much less used, if ever. Stormtroopers would be much more inline with grenadiers, but here again, why should it be realistic, that only stormtroopers can invisible-crawl? In the end the only difference ingame would be weapon loadout, which even now does the most (imagine FSJ without FG42 or 82nd without thompsons).
So how does that relate to TP? Its unique mechanic, if we would remove it, wasn't there topic that mod should be unique recently? If we would reduce it, would it even be worth using? Tiger is certainly one of the iconic unit of the whole ww2, that speciality is here in form of tigerophobia.

Its maybe not the right topic to say it, but because of increasing wave of requests to remove / reduce that ability, I said it here.
I tried some more realistic mods, it was different, but gameplay was rather dull and definitely not Blitzkrieg-ish.
Keep in mind, that removing any ability makes x% of players to play differently.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wolf wrote:Problem with Tigerophobia and other abilities lies in that they were even introduced. While I agree that a lot of abilities are unrealistic or somewhat bad, but its a game and if we would remove all these force retreats, tigerophobias etc. we wouldn't have much left. While I can undestand that some players would prefer rather more realistic gameplay, its not always fun.

Little example, airborne units are reinforced via air generally. If we would remove that air one by one dropping, you would be left with pretty basic squad. Because realism, they should also have +- same stats as other infantry and maybe a bit different weapon loadout. Imagine that we would remove "right out of the building" of CQBs or stormtroopers. CQBs would be much less used, if ever. Stormtroopers would be much more inline with grenadiers, but here again, why should it be realistic, that only stormtroopers can invisible-crawl? In the end the only difference ingame would be weapon loadout, which even now does the most (imagine FSJ without FG42 or 82nd without thompsons).
So how does that relate to TP? Its unique mechanic, if we would remove it, wasn't there topic that mod should be unique recently? If we would reduce it, would it even be worth using? Tiger is certainly one of the iconic unit of the whole ww2, that speciality is here in form of tigerophobia.

Its maybe not the right topic to say it, but because of increasing wave of requests to remove / reduce that ability, I said it here.
I tried some more realistic mods, it was different, but gameplay was rather dull and definitely not Blitzkrieg-ish.
Keep in mind, that removing any ability makes x% of players to play differently.

never said remove it. Just its "click to kill tactical gameplay". It should be there just how it works.... crippled tigers and tanks on retreat can suddenly force veted Jackson tanks to insantly stop lol. Thats what i am saying.

And some abilties are just bs and nobody wants them. As sample that tread breaker shit. The missile dont need to hit or penetrate.... the cost or the missile shockwave destroys the engine without damaging the armor sometimes.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

I am not saying that its not stupid, but that there isn't anything clever to do with it, so it could stay and not be stupid at the same time.

Thread breaker ... well, that depends, while this can be somewhat "realistic" - aiming at tracks etc. It often did nothing and munnition was wasted, so it was maybe buffed? If it threadbreaks even without atleast very close shot, then it might have bad AoE set. Isn't it a purpose, that it doesn't "damage armor", because it is aiming at tracks? This particular ability doesn't seem that unreal to me, but again, what can you do with it, other than making it 50/50 or whatever :/ Whole CoH is based on "small heroic squads making great things", so this goes with it, if we had like quadruple number of units ingame, it could be different.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wolf wrote:I am not saying that its not stupid, but that there isn't anything clever to do with it, so it could stay and not be stupid at the same time.

Thread breaker ... well, that depends, while this can be somewhat "realistic" - aiming at tracks etc. It often did nothing and munnition was wasted, so it was maybe buffed? If it threadbreaks even without atleast very close shot, then it might have bad AoE set. Isn't it a purpose, that it doesn't "damage armor", because it is aiming at tracks? This particular ability doesn't seem that unreal to me, but again, what can you do with it, other than making it 50/50 or whatever :/ Whole CoH is based on "small heroic squads making great things", so this goes with it, if we had like quadruple number of units ingame, it could be different.

OK, Tread breaker for Boys- AT is very random.
US AT squad is weird. It usually needs to pen and sometimes it is still only damaged engine. Sometimes only damage and so on. FURTHERMORE here it cant be used against KT, Elephant, JT, Stupa because suddenly it would be unrealistic?.... silly compromise of realism and horrible unrealistic shit.
WE tread braker is about 99% chance to immobilize or to destroy engine. Sometimes it fails even but affects target. Sometimes deals also huge damage. In fact you can rush pershs frontally and killing it. I´ve been used to do that once shooting 4 missiles in a row. Persh was usually destroyed and but at least damaged and crit. Sometimes hitting frontal armor without dealing any damage but engine destroyed.
US PE 37 mm HT is afaik 100% like in vcoh. Its probably taken from there.
Most stupidly the range of it is longer as those of HE rounds.

Also there is a chance to immobilize targets with hendheld at. Maybe increase that chance or chance for crit the closer the enemie tank is.

This ability doesnt makes this mod and gameplay more attractive. In fact ive seen a lot more raging coz of it. Not even vcoh had such a stupid feature (except 37 mm HT but those is usually never used in vcoh. There the building that unlocks stg´s and which builds 20 mm vehicles and marders is build first. The one with the 37 mm is build as last and only for upgrade required for Panther battlegroup and Bergetiger. So its already stuipd that a mod of a game that claims to be more realistic as the vanilla version needs such an ability while the vanilla version is playbale without.

Krieger Blitzer

@Warhawks; Well, let's figuratively claim that in order to insure more realism too beside modifying the 'tank shock' ability of Tigers to what it should be as u say... Then I would also demand to modify the 'accurate long shot ability' on the other hand as it should be for free without any ammo to be paid neither being in need for any Vet points.. but maybe only a bit more ability recharge or reloading time just for balance reasons ^_^ Isn't this also more logic?! :) I would surely agree to fix the Tigerphobia thing to what u want but also to modify the accurate long shot to what I think, deal? :D

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:@Warhawks; Well, let's figuratively claim that in order to insure more realism too beside modifying the 'tank shock' ability of Tigers to what it should be as u say... Then I would also demand to modify the 'accurate long shot ability' on the other hand as it should be for free without any ammo to be paid neither being in need for any Vet points.. but maybe only a bit more ability recharge or reloading time just for balance reasons ^_^ Isn't this also more logic?! :) I would surely agree to fix the Tigerphobia thing to what u want but also to modify the accurate long shot to what I think, deal? :D

i made a topic about axis tank range advantage. Since the AP and HE shots did fly over the almost same distance (Tiger 13-15 km, 76 sherman 14,6 km) the real advantage was the Gunsight. In fact booth sides would be able to shoot each other at the same distance just with the difference that germans would have a better accuracy, better visual range and better chance to actually pen the opponent. The General Tank range would be 75 instead 60 or 65 and thus a range as AT guns have. When axis tanks having their "Telescope" upgrades- which should be renamed into tzf9 for tiger and tzf12 for Panther- they would have better spotting range and way better accuracy on long range. That way they would basically have "permanent long range shots" by spotting enemie earlier and fighting them with better efficency. But that suggestion had been removed.

And the real long range kills (4km) had been made mostly be experienced crews. In fact all Tigers would come with vet since Tigers were given usually to already experienced crews. But thats a bit too much for the game.

About realism. Remove AP shots then for Tiger and Panthers. Of the Panzergrante 40 for Tiger 800 got produced in 42 and 8.900 in 43. In 44 those rounds had been withdrawn from Tigers as the wolfram was needed elsewhere. Production of the Panzergranate 40 for the Panther was also stopped in july 43. First reason was that the normal round could already penetrate everything. The second was that the life span of the 75 mm /L70 was very short. With normal rounds the barrel had a life span of 2000 rounds or instead only 800 of these special wolfram Panzergranate 40. Compared to that earlier and less powerfull guns which survived 12.000-14.000 shots.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 22 Jan 2015, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

Armacalic

Post by Armacalic »

(Got ninja'd by Warhawk)
No deal, Tiger, a request for balancing a unit does not provide you with grounds to ask to make it OP in return. Fearing a crippled tank is more logic than a tank that always hit its mark at +2km. Yes, they were crack shots, but accurate first shots were NOT common, instead it would be a ranging shot preceeding a kill shot. Meaning, if you wanted a logical buff to the tiger, it'd be for its ability to actually be two shots, one with say, a normal shot without any buff, simulating the ranging shot, and then an 80-90% (give or take) accuracy shot.

In the game the Tiger and other german tanks don't suffer from any mechanical problems their real counterparts had, complex mechanisms also meant they took longer to repair and often could not be repaired because spare parts weren't that easy to come by, want to simulate that too?

Yes, various versions of the tanks got the mechanical kinks ironed out, but Tigers specially needed at the very least an specialized driver, who knew how long and when to push the tank's engine's limit, and even then, they could cause the engine to fail if they miscalculated. Your wonder tank is anything but.

Now for something related to Warhawk's , did you know, most tanks carried ammo load outs consisted, more often than not, of over 50% HE shells? Even most tank hunters would carry a fair share, often a 50-50 split of HE and AP. US loved the 75mm cannons because they fired a much more effective HE charge than the 76mm did. #Trivia

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Armacalic wrote:(Got ninja'd by Warhawk)
No deal, Tiger, a request for balancing a unit does not provide you with grounds to ask to make it OP in return. Fearing a crippled tank is more logic than a tank that always hit its mark at +2km. Yes, they were crack shots, but accurate first shots were NOT common, instead it would be a ranging shot preceeding a kill shot. Meaning, if you wanted a logical buff to the tiger, it'd be for its ability to actually be two shots, one with say, a normal shot without any buff, simulating the ranging shot, and then an 80-90% (give or take) accuracy shot.

In the game the Tiger and other german tanks don't suffer from any mechanical problems their real counterparts had, complex mechanisms also meant they took longer to repair and often could not be repaired because spare parts weren't that easy to come by, want to simulate that too?

Yes, various versions of the tanks got the mechanical kinks ironed out, but Tigers specially needed at the very least an specialized driver, who knew how long and when to push the tank's engine's limit, and even then, they could cause the engine to fail if they miscalculated. Your wonder tank is anything but.

Now for something related to Warhawk's , did you know, most tanks carried ammo load outs consisted, more often than not, of over 50% HE shells? Even most tank hunters would carry a fair share, often a 50-50 split of HE and AP. US loved the 75mm cannons because they fired a much more effective HE charge than the 76mm did. #Trivia

yes i know that 75 had better HE rounds than 76 guns of TD´s and 76 shermans. Also A the end of War the M10´s had fired more HE than AP rounds. Your links are nice btw:
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-brow ... er/?page=1
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-brow ... or-part-2/

About the ammo was interesting. I also once uploaded some Links:

http://amizaur.prv.pl/www.wargamer.org/ ... guns5.html
http://www.wk2ammo.com/archive/index.php/t-2642.html

The HVAP part was interesting and that the HVAP was much more effective against unlsopped tiger armor than against slopped armor in general like those of Panther.

Armacalic

Post by Armacalic »

Warhawks97 wrote:The HVAP part was interesting and that the HVAP was much more effective against unlsopped tiger armor than against slopped armor in general like those of Panther.

There is a reason for that, for which, I'll refer to a video from World of Tanks that explains a good chunk of the variables that affect penetration. The video thankfully uses a lot of real life examples among other stuff. (Some people will likely know a lot of this anyways, but for the ones who wish to learn a bit of it, here you go.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq5S8CrsUig

The video makes a mention of various properties of real life (and some of the ingame) shells, which has to do with shell normalization. Some types of shells, commonly of the HEAT and APCR/HVAP rounds had less or no features that helped with shell normalization.