Attack of the Clones-Star Wars

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Shanks

Attack of the Clones-Star Wars

Post by Shanks »

BlItzkrieg Mod-Lucas Film

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away --- Episode II The attack of the clones --- In the Senate galactic (Panzerblitz 1-MarKr-Nieles) of bk mod , there is unrest , several thousand smurf have declared their intention to leave the mod. This separatist movement led by the mysterious Count Warhawks97, has caused the limited use of arty, it is difficult to maintain peace and the order in the bk mod....

Tiger1996 (is the smurf of Darth Vader)-Airb

kwok-Clone-Armor

kwok-Clone-RAF

VS

kwok-Clone-DEF

Kwok-Clone-Terror

kwok-Clone-BK

Replay
Attachments
6p_lafiere.2018-03-27.21-22-38.rec
(4.28 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
relic00235.jpg

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Attack of the Clones-Star Wars

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Huh, I remember that game...
Most noticeable moment is when my regular 75mm HE Sherman actually bounced off three 50mm Pak shells in the row!! And then shortly after that, it also bounced off a hit from the Stug 75mm gun!!! Despite that my Sherman was of course not over-repaired or had any sandbags.. since that I was obviously playing Airborne doc in the first place and not Armor doc, so ya... Such incidents always make me wonder every single time if the Shermans are really too "under-performing" in the game as some people keep complaining, and thus.. it also makes me wonder if the Shermans really needed any sort of tweaks or improvements at all. I understand that I must have been just too lucky with that, but to be honest.. the same actually happens frquently from time to another, or at least quite often enough.

And btw, just to clarify.. the teams were actually like this:
Me, Shanks and real Kwok.
VS
Shadowichgo, Walder, and NoT (aka Mr.FemenistDonut).

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Vanilla wafers?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Huh, I remember that game...
Most noticeable moment is when my regular 75mm HE Sherman actually bounced off three 50mm Pak shells in the row!! And then shortly after that, it also bounced off a hit from the Stug 75mm gun!!! Despite that my Sherman was of course not over-repaired or had any sandbags..

Ambushed? If not then the 50 mm has 56,6175% pen chance.
Stug has 84,972% chance to pen.

The 57 mm /6pdr has 35% chance to pen the normal tank IV´s like E and F models. Way less vs H/J.
The 76 sherman has 70,2% chance to pen stug and 67,5% to pen tank IV E and F models (less than 50% vs H/J).

So that a sherman bounces 50 mm can happen. Without any buffs its almost 50:50 to pen or not. However 57 mm strugle by far more. With ambush they are become comparable to unambushed 50 mm. But even then the 57 mm is worse than 50 mm. Ambushed 57 vs Tank IV F/D is 43,75%. 50 mm vs sherman without ambush is, as you can see above, 56,175%.

On top of that: Overrepair does not boost armor and 75 mm sherman is not affected by second sandbag upgrade so no armor boost here as well.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 31 Mar 2018, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I'm aware that over-repair does not boost armor but HP or rather more the ability to soak up 1st hits without taking much damage or no damage at all, specifically against rocket artillery... I'm also aware that sandbags (Corsix wise) don't provide more armor protection, but rather also HP even more.
However, actually I have a feeling that sandbags DO provide more armor in the game.. apparently it works the same as sandbagged emplacements or any other sandbag models, for some reason in CoH the sandbags are extremely capable of bouncing off AP shells...
And I think it does have something to do about the way of which the game engine itself is designed.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

first sandbag give a bit more HP, second boost armor. But normal sherman does not get second sandbags due to the optical bugs they caused. But even with those second sandbags+ the easy eight bonus armor doesnt make it even close as effective to tank IV H/J.

50 mm AT vs sandbagged 76 sherman (which already has 0.85 received pen modifier + 0.85 modifier from second sandbag): 40,9% pen.
57 mm vs Tank IV F/E: 35%

50 mm vs sandbagged easy eight (which has 0.82 received pen modifier on top of sherman TT): 39,46%
57 mm vs skirted Tank IV H/J (H/J have 0.8 received pen modifier compared to normal Tank IV): 22,4%.

Note now that Tank IV´s are not the top tier tanks while shermans are top tier tanks in two US docs and the cost differences not going to be really noticable (esspecially when taking upkeep into acc the tank IV´s are cheaper to their respective counter parts).

so, why should a 50 mm pen a 76 sherman easier as the 57 pens a god damn Tank IV E stubby or the cheap F2 (which will be cheaper as a basic sherman in future!)? Or the e8 with all these expensive sandbags and HVSS upgrade much easier to pen as a good damn cheap tank IV J which will also be much cheaper in BK doc (or in TH doc effectively with more HP as e8 due to Zimmerit)?

A 50 mm pens a fully sandbagged e8 (just imagine all the cost required+ doc specific etc) easier as the 57 pens any of these god damn stubby Tank IV´s.... just get these dimensions (which you apparently dont get).

And even with the change on AT´s so the both are kind of equal against their intended enemies, when a tank IV (even the F2or stug) goes vs an e8 the odds are still in tank IV´s favour as they keep the penetration chance advantage.
Build more AA Walderschmidt