Anyone thinking Axis are OP?

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Krieger Blitzer

Anyone thinking Axis are OP?

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

2 different quick 2vs2 games on different maps, with a different team-mate.. but the opponents are same both times! Wurf and Lehr playing as Axis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFH1wet4Dks
Video Thumbnail
Video Thumbnail

So if there is anyone thinking that Axis are OP, then I would advice to re-think once again...

Warhawks97

Re: Anyone thinking Axis are OP?

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:2 different quick 2vs2 games on different maps, with a different team-mate.. but the opponents are same both times! Wurf and Lehr playing as Axis.

who is "?????????" in the first game? Is that lehr?

So if there is anyone thinking that Axis are OP, then I would advice to re-think once again...

where this got said in particular? You mean the whatsapp chat?

Well:

1. As far as i can remember the word "OP" wasnt used.
2. The discussions were about the ammount of (cheap or very cost effective) stuff available to adopt easily on new situations. You dont have to "think arround corners" using lots of tricks to deal with something.
-> 2.1 this in turn means it is easier for the common and "weekend players" to play as axis. Simply bc you simply use "Z" to counter "X" and there is not the need to know that "A, U, K, H" can counter "X" as well, just its a lot more complicate as to simply use "Z" like axis would do it most likely.
3. The main complain in the chats and topics was directed towards US, not "Allied". Or more precisely: Certain units.
-> 3.1 Basically their certain functionality
-> 3.1 Those becoming more a problem the more players are involved in a game. Teamplay gets harder as well as the "quality-quantity" balance since the quality increases in quantity the larger a map gets which in turn means that the ammount of quantity of quantity focused units or docs becomes almost impossible to manage and to micro.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

can you leave the file? I would like to know if you use of armor haha

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Warhawks, you sound like you allude to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2223
But at a unit scale level instead of doctrine level. In which case I agree.

I’d even say (and had said for a while) the last patches have been hugely allied favored but doesn’t rid the inherent design imbalances between axis over allies in the typical situations. Sadly the meta has more evolved for a fewer set of players rather than a broad set of randos, so naturally it will be allied favored since you have experienced players able to use the extra strong specializations of allies. But if you put randos vs randos then axis will be morw likely to win because less coordination is needed
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

What is happening between min 10-15?

Only lots of HMG´s (up to this time) and 37 mm guns. I havent seen a single puma (20 mm, 50 mm or 75). Also whats this stug doing? Are you sure you havent got a desync? bc such behaviour looks pretty much like desync.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

Hello all,

like to say here, that in this games sometimes, decide really small things like as player momentary physical fatigue, or psychic fatigue. Further if player did not play this game some days...of course much decides maps, or players and opponents. But I too think the game (BKmod) is almost balanced, to a few of things that go very to see...
And maybe also decide, that I somehow read, that players over 30 years old lose skill, mindfulness, concentration, which may also be my case :D :D
These two games have been lost and without excuses :-)

just my insight Wurf

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Haha I always dislike the style of how Wurf plays but I can’t deny he is always a gentleman in game and on forum. I always tell new players if they want to learn how to play axis well, watch Wurf play.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:where this got said in particular? You mean the whatsapp chat?

I wasn't actually referring to the What'sApp chat in particular but rather generally, as I have received several Steam messages by different average players who think that Axis are OP and so I had to show them some examples, such as these 2 games.

And yes, the "??????" is Lehr. And of course there is no desync...

@Shanks
Don't have the replay file I'm afraid.. but u can always watch the video if u have good internet :)

@Wurf
Thanks for the insight! GG ;)

Though, regarding the topic that Kwok has shared here.. where there was a discussion concerning the "well-rounded Axis doctrines VS specialized Allied docs" I actually haven't posted anything on that particular topic.. so, I think it's time for me to shortly provide my opinion, as I would like to say that I don't really think that this design is causing any balance issues, in fact... Bk Mod at the moment - at least in my humble opinion - has already reached the ultimate balance stability. I mean that the game is very well balanced currently.. despite that Axis doctrines are not specialized like the Allied ones. Or well, the Allied doctrines aren't exactly specialized either as I think that some of them are also a bit well-rounded in a sense, regardless though. My point is that I don't think any doctrines need to be re-worked. However, I still wouldn't be against having a test version where we could try out other doctrine ideas. Though, I suggest that the devs should first focus on polishing the current design by eliminating any remaining bugs, that's before they could think of re-working any doctrines in the future.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Axis are better, easier and its mostly common to have a huge comeback with them once you're losing with allies you're pretty much done as an average player and pro too. Even if they where OP it dosn't mean they're unbeatable but it will cost way more and have waaay more experience to win againt's.
So sadly Average/beginners players aren't wrong, you can say that they're "balanced" just because you have years and years in BK.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Is there anyone at all thinking, that Allies are not OP???
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

idliketoplaybetter

I like the idea of making replay section - balance section 2.0

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:Is there anyone at all thinking, that Allies are not OP???

the allies are not OP.....Why would they be?

@dolphins...the basic units of the axis, are better than those of the allies, including you have 37 mm with HE, and a varied way to start with PE, so, where are the best allies ???? ... with this I do not want say that allies stink, but there are things to improve.....achilles? it's a problem?

idliketoplaybetter

AH, one heretic found.

Tiger bring up more videos!

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

I can also bring videos vs pro players and gg,being axis is not difficult to win, you have 70% chance with axis to win a 2v2 or 3v3

Krieger Blitzer

Shanks wrote:you have 70% chance with axis to win a 2v2 or 3v3

What kind of an equation is that? ^^ Are u sure this percentage is accurate enough? What is it based on? I wonder how you calculate it! :lol:

Shanks wrote:with this I do not want say that allies stink, but there are things to improve.

Hmm, "there are things to improve" you say.. is it so that Allies could win in 10 minutes instead of 20 minutes? :D

Let's be honest here... I'd say the game is balanced currently, surely Axis can sometimes win quickly too.. but I only wanted to show that Allies could also just do the same! And by the way, I also don't agree with anyone who say that Axis are weaker, but everybody is free to believe whatever they want to believe... I clearly mean that; everyone is entitled to their very own opinions. However, I personally think that there is nothing OP at the moment, so I say it again.. in my humble opinion, the game is fairly balanced now.

idliketoplaybetter

Good to see, we all have finally agreed on something!!!!

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

the allies depend too much on the artillery, that bothers me, that's why I always talk about the comet, that's why I said 70% chance of winning with axis, it was a little exaggerated, but I also said it because the playbetter he said what... translated: allies are OP. So, I also think that there is a greater balance now, and not much to improve, they improved the USA, which greatly influences pvp; By the way, my intention is not to win in 10 minutes, it's not fun for me

idliketoplaybetter

Allies are OP for 30% percent left

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:Allies are OP for 30% percent left

Ok ok 45% for you :lol:

idliketoplaybetter

where did 45 come from?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Wait, what I want to be a heretic? Where do I sign up?