Very Long 1vs1

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Krieger Blitzer

Very Long 1vs1

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Very epic game I had vs Frost today, didn't expect such performance from him in the first place, I picked RE doc and he was Luft doc.
I have had few other 1vs1 games against him recently, but this was the first time for me to suffer that much against him.
He really made a big match this time!

During this game, you will see Veterancy level 5 Rifle Section squad, as well as veterancy level 4 Gebirgs, also amazing maneuvers with Cromwell and Hetzer.. and a lot more.
interestingly though, notice how I NEVER lacked ammunition during the whole game. Even though I was never able to have ground superiority! Territories been always separated almost in half for the entire game, I only had some issues in MP, but ONLY that. Nonetheless; it's probably worth to mention that my best as CW is not RE doc, but actually RAF doc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSx8lqgaUco
Video Thumbnail.
Video Thumbnail.

Enjoy the big battle! 8-)

Henny

Re: Very Long 1vs1

Post by Henny »

WOW! absolute insanity
Dankman is a good guy

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I am at 24 mins now.

four things are surprising.

1. You never made a triage center although i think its a must have for RE to maintain at least a minimum of inf support. Between or behind the Truck command truck (and inf support truck) would have been a nice spot.

2. there was no Bofors as final back up to defend your ground against planes. A risk might have been that it gets captured by luftwaffe inf. (but generally you might have made emplacment cheaper in order to get a cheap bofors).

3. No Reconassaince (up to now) after losing lieutnant.

4. No Recce. Many brits players have that thing for several reasons. Its agile enough to harrass enemie infantry and can detect stuff like krads. Also in your case able to mark targets which can help a lot when fighting Luftwaffe infantry.

But great job when that single Boys AT guy killed that HT in enemie base. Hopefully he got a medal posthumously.

Edit: I am at 1 hour and 12 mins.

The main mistakes you did fighting against Luft:

1. Lack of reconassaince. Luft will hit your ass badly if you dont keep a track on them. They strike hard from all possible directions and at every opportunity. A single ambushed unit can cripple and halt your advance, if not killing it entirely.... best anti personal weapons combined with faust and schreck.

2. Not enough pressure. Lieutnant (or two) with your inf and HMG, Recce, AA tank, mortar pit or whatever would have performed much better as that single Crocc churchill. The Cp wasted for AVRE and crocc would have been invested better in cheaper emplacments and Tanks that can dig in. Entranched tanks (in CW) have reduced received accuracy/penetration/damage (Harder to hit, penetrate and less taken damage). That way AA tank is nice airplane killer (as it would have survived them much better) and fire support fortress. That rush for crocc was the greatest error i would say (but idk how many times i said it already).

3. Luftwaffe doctrine, which is free to move, cant be beaten with a "single assault". That doc barely has a "center force" or army.... they are simply everywhere. As i said, keep a track on them and battle them down and dont give them room to maneuver. This is much more important. Once chaos is released, Luftwaffe will beat the shit out of any of your units. And the longer the chaos exist the stronger becomes luftwaffe infantry.

4. Use crocc when you are about to beat down their final resistant, not to push them to a single limited area of the map. For that crocc is too slow.

And that Luft inf Hetzer mortar combo is horrible to fight off. Everything is stealthy and the mortar HT seems like an easy target. Its nice to trap british units.

The new much better working HE saved your ass several times. You should thank Markr for fixing the HE.

Edit: 1 hour and 25 mins. Maybe put Lieutnants in the trenches? Boost inf and add reconassaince.

Edit: Almost done. Jeez... tell me what you want but that Henschel airstrike is one of the best in game. How many tanks it killed? I wonder how you could keep up the production. Hard on the limit.
Guess on larger maps the airplanes would have been killed before becoming really dangerous. But still.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

One of the toughest 1v1 game i saw, luft score high with only 1 sdkfz mortar truck and gebirgs/fallsh, with an excellent hetzer, in late game the Flaks 88 has stopped any enemy advance with good luft air strikes and strong gebirgs support, a small map were both players neutralized themselves, GG, its a draw alright, very fun to watch all the way.

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:I am at 24 mins now.

four things are surprising.

1. You never made a triage center although i think its a must have for RE to maintain at least a minimum of inf support. Between or behind the Truck command truck (and inf support truck) would have been a nice spot.

2. there was no Bofors as final back up to defend your ground against planes. A risk might have been that it gets captured by luftwaffe inf. (but generally you might have made emplacment cheaper in order to get a cheap bofors).

3. No Reconassaince (up to now) after losing lieutnant.

4. No Recce. Many brits players have that thing for several reasons. Its agile enough to harrass enemie infantry and can detect stuff like krads. Also in your case able to mark targets which can help a lot when fighting Luftwaffe infantry.
The new much better working HE saved your ass several times. You should thank Markr for fixing the HE.

Recce was used, triage center as well... Later even Bofors too!
But ya, I understand that you typed such things only when u were at around minute 25 or so ^^
Though.. lacking recon is perhaps the only true weak-point of RE doc, there is almost nothing u can do about it.

Warhawks97 wrote:Edit: Almost done. Jeez... tell me what you want but that Henschel airstrike is one of the best in game. How many tanks it killed? I wonder how you could keep up the production. Hard on the limit.
Guess on larger maps the airplanes would have been killed before becoming really dangerous. But still.

No wonder, look how RICH I was after upgrading 3 sectors with my CW trucks, and later even richer after upgrading the "improved trucks" unlock... I was literally swimming in oceans and oceans of endless amount of resources!
But yes, Henschel planes are now quite effective since they were improved recently... However, on larger maps.. they would have done absolutely nothing against AA, specifically Crusaders.

Warhawks97 wrote:Everything is stealthy and the mortar HT seems like an easy target.

Mortar HT was too easy to kill for sure.

Nevertheless...
Some guy wrote a comment on my YouTube video, asking me to upload the playback file.. so here it is.
2p_langres.2017-07-05.03-42-00.rec
Bk Mod v4.9.8 replay file.
(2.92 MiB) Downloaded 42 times

Thanks everyone for watching! :)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

How come there is no spotters in RE?

Krieger Blitzer

Recce can't use binoculars in RE doc, so you only have Lieutenants!
However, we must not forget the Dingo as well.. which can camo after upgrade and then also activate Binoculars, like Kettenkrads.
But I used Bren Carrier instead...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

So there is numerous spotters then... 2 lieutnants, dingos, captain... i don't see "lack" of spotters here.

Krieger Blitzer

Oh, btw...
I would like to draw the attention to a weird glitch happened at 1:35:18 which I believe to be actually related to this bug reported earlier by JimQwilleran on this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1928

I think something is globally wrong with the Rapid Shots ability, it's somehow being activated to the favor of the target!!!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Oh, btw...
I would like to draw the attention to a weird glitch happened at 1:35:18 which I believe to be actually related to this bug reported earlier by JimQwilleran on this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1928

I think something is globally wrong with the Rapid Shots ability, it's somehow being activated to the favor of the target!!!

It will be fixed, we might know where its coming from, Tiger, on your static comet did you used the rapid fire against the Pak40?

Krieger Blitzer

If I understand your question correctly.. then I think the answer is YES, I simply ordered my Comet to shoot the Pak40 using the Rapid Shots ability! But surprisingly then; the Pak40 made several shots at me without reloading...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Ok so we know where it come from and will be fixed.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

No wonder, look how RICH I was after upgrading 3 sectors with my CW trucks, and later even richer after upgrading the "improved trucks" unlock... I was literally swimming in oceans and oceans of endless amount of resources!

I wasnt refering to Fuel and ammo. Talking about MP when i said "keep up the production". Ammo and fuel wont help if you have not the abilities to use it or MP to build stuff with fuel.
Build more AA Walderschmidt