Shit 3v3

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Shit 3v3

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Tiger1996 wrote:
I heard there is going to be a new Commando unit by the next patch who might be able to crawl, though not sure.

And who said that?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Since we're all voicing irrelevant opinions here... you know what makes 88s and off maps less effective and balance not as much of an issue? Big maps.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

@Pzblitz1
Bk Facebook page...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... _tn__=%2As

Though, the "might be able to crawl" part, is just what i suspect ^^

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Really, ok.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

:D

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

What tactic/s would you guys suggest (other from artying it of course) to take down an 88 emplacement since smoke is not working against inf?

One option i can think of is:
smoke the 88 and send a fast vehicle around, so the emplacement will be shooting AP suffering from accuracy penalty, then get close with inf to throw nade/demo charges and try to decrew it.
Probably using a tank with HE, which can shot the 88 by itself, can help in case the vehicle bait does not work and the gun still focuses on infantry.

(In this case the 2 88s close to each other would have fucked up this strat, and a simple pak/mg defending the 88 counters this as well)

Other option is sending more than one inf squad to attack the 88, but HE shells, even splashing ones, would suppress/kill squads easily while getting close so i'm not sure this really is an option.

Btw i didn't want to start a balance topic on 88s with this post lol

Edit: i think 107 mm mortar emplacement is the worst example which could be taken, i'm talking about 88 cause, by itself, is pretty much unkillable by direct fire (inf/tanks), while i don't really see how a mortar pit alone can stop an HE pz4 together with inf, with or without smoke.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

As you said it, the 88 suffers accuracy penalty against smoke when it fires AP (but has extrem high basic accuracy) vs moving M8 greyhound the 88 accuracy should then be 13,5% when smoke is applied. So that might work. But thats just another illogicalness. Why shouldnt apply on HE rounds as well?

I think there is no need that the 88 has to shred infantry that is covered by smoke entirely. Besides the fact that the scatter and HE AoE should still harm the infantry even when the game rolls a fail shot.

I would simply test it giving it a normal 0.25 accuracy modifier just like all direct fireing weapons do when smoke cover is provided.
Build more AA Walderschmidt