PvP 3v3 coordination training

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Leonida [525]

PvP 3v3 coordination training

Post by Leonida [525] »

Hi, good match played yesterday night.. 3v3 :)

Teams:

AXIS

sgtToni95 [525] - Luftwaffe
Leonida [525] - Terror
paso95 [525] - Blitzkrieg

ALLIES

NEDKIL - Armor
Nami Swan - Airborne
Takoz - Infantry

Very long match (1h 30 min) with big amount of losses for each part and on the line for a long time. We tried to be quite coordinate. Intensive use of USA airstrikes (btw why allied AA was so little and effective while ours with many flaks and ostwinds was so useless? Is that the map?) If anyone has any suggestion for us to improve ourselves is welcome :)

6p_hill_112.2016-06-26.01-02-59.rec
(6.08 MiB) Downloaded 41 times

JimQwilleran

Re: PvP 3v3 coordination training

Post by JimQwilleran »

You did very good in terms of team work. Every time we tried to attack somewhere we had to face your combined defense. The same thing with attacking. Right after I barely managed to resist huge storm attack I had to run because it was followed by luft xD. Not to mention tigers and panthers appearing one after another.
I tried to coordinate my team, told them to focus on one side, and they actually managed to push you for a moment. But after SP was destroyed they lost their will to fight :D.
The thing with planes being shot down or not is pure RNG. You placed a "shitload" of AA everywhere and believe me, 40% of planes were dying before entering battlefield, u just didnt notice :D.

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

Leonida [525] wrote:btw why allied AA was so little and effective while ours with many flaks and ostwinds was so useless? Is that the map?

yes, it seems to me, the German AA is very inefficiently compared to that Allied, which is sufficient only that the AA from allied base. And it is in many maps.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

AA´s arent that much different. But the axis one with larger calibre and AA pos should be way more deadly.

Often its cruical where AA is placed. For example when i have two Ostwind i try to face them into the direction where an enemie air raid will most likely come from and also both should face in different direction.

When i remember my games i can say that it wasnt that rare for me to have 1-2 ostwind with each up to 15-20 airplanes shot down and thats just during some parts of the game (due to ostwinds i had to replace).

But that games seems to be worth to watch as RA and SE did not participate. Thats a very rare sighting.

However:

But after SP was destroyed they lost their will to fight.

What a surprise...... :roll: It was not just their "lost will". If you dont have RA and when axis get panther after panther in late stage covered by powerfull AA there is not much you can do against them besides hoping the axis guy will rush his Panther into ambushed TD´s. But with wall of grens and massive rocket arty support there is little hope to start/continue assaults.

btw, what was nami doing? HR game and just one building with US? Was it because of "fairness" not to start really playing from right the beginning?

as an adivce to axis team: At min 12 the BK guy paso had to spam thank IV H´s and J´s. He only got ostwind and rushed to fast for heavy tanks. At best BK doc provides early medium armor backed by Terror grens using flame nades. Later Terror gets Panther G´s + rocket arty and BK doc Ostwind+ stormtrooper and very important the stormtrooper leader squad and the HT as mobile retreat and healing point. Thats the way you combine well with axis.

Luftwaffe inf early on (at the time they come they are simply the strongest) combined with BK doc and its best mid game armor is also a very good combination.

Axis failed to upgrade the mid ammo for a too long time. Walking stuka from terror could have come much earlier with lots of nice targets. Luft inf and Tank IV H also came far too late or never seen action at all.

Why are you guys always running away from same AT gun? When you attacked with tank IV H an panther you could have steamroled them. Also When US pak isnt in camo it has nearly no chance to pen a Panther. Also as a tip: US 76 AT gun has an extrem long reload time. All axis tanks reload much faster and Panther takes just as long to reload its gun.

If you attack, attack. If you are unsure dont stay arround. The enemie will just increase its power in that area (which still isnt a problem with walking stuka).

@allis: For god sake, upgrade the supply yard. Also inf doc could have build howitzers to crack at least the most forward axis defense.
Armor doc: Jezz, keep some TD´s in ambush. The M10 is a cheap and usefull tool. That single HEAT round penetrates panther for sure when i remember correctly. M10 and shermans are my key units but also a Jacks A is a must have when you have no brit in your team. And the supply yard is so fucking important....
And the Allis TD´s also shoot much faster as the AT gun. US AT gun has 7 sec reload time. The TD M10 4,2 seconds and 3,75 from ambush. And with vet even faster.

@Nedkil: Dont attack a panther with 76 sherman and HVAP in 1vs1. With HVAP rounds the chance to pen a Panther is just23,95008%. So you will most likely lose that battle and 75 ammo is wasted.

And why he didnt pick up all the dropped fuel? Or why nami didnt tell him to grab it? And why did illa not build any M10 or M18 although having almost 2000 MP in reserve. Accident? purpose? Bad res managment?
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 01 Jul 2016, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yeah AA is all about positioning. It's annoying, but the best way to position AA is to treat them like you need ground LOS to shoot a plane down. They don't "shoot over cover".
I think they fixed it in CoH2. Only a bit. Still some problems. CoH2 has some weird vision things. It's like trying to be MoW but not quite.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

Ok thanks guys for the suggestions ;) .. We really want to improve our gameplay :)