PvP exhausting game

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
sgtToni95

PvP exhausting game

Post by sgtToni95 »

Allies: 2xRaf + tanks
Axis: Terror + Def + Bk
Attachments
2Raf+tanks_vs_3xwehr.rec
(5.89 MiB) Downloaded 85 times

kwok
Team Member

Re: PvP exhausting game

Post by kwok »

If everyone who participated is okay with it, I can try to commentate the game? Would people be interested?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

We live in a free world man, you are free do whatever you like

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Yeah that would be great.. i posted it right after the game end so i had ran out of patience to write something more about it.. even if you have suggestions about how to play better i would be grateful :)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

haha it's a free world, but i'll do my best to respect people.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1152
I wrote something here for you Toni. I'd say that's your biggest area of improvement after watching your game.

There are other things I would suggest, for example you seem to stick to single units instead of being able to command multiple. This caps your capable power because you will only ever be using one unit at a time. Normally I'd say, improve your micro. But, I think instead if you kept your recce's safer, made more recon flights, kept your officers safer and used the binos, you'd find yourself in a position where you will have more time to react and don't need to be so micro intense.

Your primary opponent, Tiger, made some really really weird choices... Example, he opened with an AT gun when british don't start with any vehicles. (He should have known that he was facing UK because of how the starting points show up). You took advantage of that and had a great opening. But you couldn't keep your advantage and had so many sweeping losses because you couldn't see Tiger coming with his wave of attack move grenadiers.
You made AT when I think you couldn't made more anti inf. If you read my other post, you'll see I mention by sending a recon over you can feel safer about not building AT. But on a more advanced train of thought, grenadiers are very high in MP cost. If he is maintaining a spam of grens and buying more and more grens, he probably doesn't have the MP to buy vehicles. So you can make a predictive guess on his army based on what he has spent. I'd still say send recon to be sure, but there are small things I pick up intuitively that you might soon, too.

Side note about stopping spams. Snipers are good for killing infantry, but when youre getting waves and waves of never dying, easy, one-click attack move grenadiers, I'd invest in more suppression units. Like you made a cromwell instead of a crusader. By the time you made a crusader, he had tanks to counter your crusader.

Great game though! I'd really like to see recon used more by allies! I'm not really sure about axis, I only watched once through allied POV. I didn't see any axis recons die though, and just by the way axis played, it didn't seem like they had much recon either.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Well, i usually keep at least a recce alive for recon when i play raf, but i still have difficutlies in using more units together so i lost it many times cause i've not been quick enough to pull it back. I feel a bit more comfortable with us/wehr scouts for how they work though, and I usually forget I should use air recon to have general knowledge and not only to spot for airstrike.
I know in late game I always just give up making "basic units" like for example recce, an mg, which would have been great against inf waves, a mortar, which would have made me save a lot of ammo that I used to bomb flaks and mgs with 95 cromwell..
Probably I didn't make mgs even because I was afraid of wurframen attacks which destroy tanks inf and pits so effectively, and I even had lehr's brummbaer cleaning up my side before Tigers attacks so i was a bit resigned to have them destroyed as soon as they hit the ground.
Anyway, I really appreciate your comment and suggestions, it's really nice to have someone else's opinion and point of view :)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Actually, playing Terror was so much frustrating to me here... RAF Commandos beat Terror Grens in late game after upgrades.. they are also able to camo! Getting a KT is absolutely pointless against 2x RAF docs; Terror even lacks good AA. Although I had 3 Pumas.. yet their air planes were still able to keep flying over us freely.
One full HP Panther G instantly died to only 4 rockets of SAS Commandos upgraded Bazookas!

I succeeded killing the SP with my Stuka though, but that was too late unfortunately.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Kwok

Your information is a bit outdated, if you dont build an AT against brits you ll get steamrolled by Dingo.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Tiger,
From my review I felt they were fair trades. You often had grenadiers moving in open ground against his grounded commandos. By the end, I think your grenadiers came out with at least a 3:1 kdr but lost to bomb runs mostly, not so much commandos. In terms of their camo, I don't think Toni used it effectively at all, he often broke camo before being able to ambush and sometimes segmenting his soldiers to not fire all at once. Essentially, it could have been a lot worse not because of the positional advantage PLUS bonuses. Yet even still, your grenadiers survived the commandos. It was the bombing runs that ruined you.
You're right that pumas didn't really help in AA, and I think in addition the map wasn't well made for shooting down airplanes. It is a very narrow map, so any horizontal airstrikes have short windows to be shot down. The best way to shoot down those planes is to kill the bushes near by your AA and set pumas facing each side. My suggestion as Terror doc in situations like that is, first get damn recon, hide your grens, use nebel to soften and throw first half of grens (cuz you had like 4-5 at one point), let him bomb the first wave and follow up with second.

As for your panther "only 4 upgraded bazookas", i'm GLAD it died haha. Panthers are ridiculously strong, pretty durable vs other tanks, and most importantly fast which means they can kite like a bitch. Don't let the inaccurate bazookas catch you man. I lost a panther to a single un-upgraded bazooka once, shit happens. Against other tanks, panthers seem to do okay, but againstandheld AT maybe target tables are different. But you should be able to kite inf without a problem.

Sukin,
Ah so are dingos finally relevant enough that people make them? Then fair, I only played very few games recently and I have yet to see any dingos.