Questions about basebomb...

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Wurf

Questions about basebomb...

Post by Wurf »

In originally, I not want to give this topic here at all, but I was asked by the player agentdunham. So you can said what you think about basebombing in this game,since, we two have completely different opinions about this....

Allies:

AgentDunahm (inf)
Nami~swan (Illa's back!) brit

Axis:

me (SE)
Volksgrenadiers (terror)

Throughout the game was completely normal but after they began to push us and occupy 3/4 a map because Volks waited for KT, and so we are "strategically retreated" :-) However, after Volks have KingTiger on the scene opponents started things, which in my opinion is not quite right, but again by someone so right:

- so that in case 41:30 and 41:50 basebombs,against which I can not say anything, that's fair enough
- time 44:20 clear basebomb on buildings and infantry, destroying buildings and my Wespe was long ago somewhere else and far away from my base, even they shot on this wespe, so US howitzers has not such great variance - this just not right about me...
- time 48:00 back to clear basebomb, Wespe although is in base (i want repair) , but somewhere else where you shoot - you coming again destroy the buildings, pretty crap (Wespe dont shoots)...
- Time 57:00 my Wespe going from the volks base to my base(unfortunately for our opponents he really not shoot) - They arty flies to volks buildings, why not right? I cannot run over from one side to the other without your throwing arty to our base? ... The same thing happens in the next moment in my base...

It should be noted, that opponents could not see our base maybe 80% of the time from first basebomb and and shot blindly here, which he eventually confessed after game in PM. Subsequently, in this PM I also learned that basearty is permitted when someone uses arty near the base (not in base), so basebomb is allowed with no mercy.

So my question is:

1. Is basearty allowed when someone uses arty near his base (not in base)? I mean the destruction of buildings, HQ etc. as we saw in this game without mercy?
2. Is basearty allowed when someone unit is waiting in base for repair or just stands there? (tanks,cars,artycars etc.)
3. Is basearty allowed when wespe or any other arty units going through base and really not shoots as we saw in this game without mercy?
4. Can my opponent think, that he can basearty (or doing other smut things to hasten win as we saw in this game) when the game was decided (only by him in his mind) in 20 minutes, as he told me in PM?

- at last I will try to answer the 4 question: I think not, because unfortunately I got bad news for him, in the form of my around 2500 playing games, and several times I have seen and experienced, players can loose when the enemy totally losing battle, by correct use doctrines and units at the right time and fairplay by opponent.

I laid all these questions because I would like to know how I to keep in other games against all players, because I did not expect this.

Thank Wurf
Attachments
temp1.rec
(3.84 MiB) Downloaded 80 times

kwok
Team Member

Re: Questions about basebomb...

Post by kwok »

Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I've literally been telling people that it's not common knowledge or consistent understanding.
But people don't recognize it as a problem.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Wurf wrote:
1. Is basearty allowed when someone uses arty near his base (not in base)? I mean the destruction of buildings, HQ etc. as we saw in this game without mercy?
2. Is basearty allowed when someone unit is waiting in base for repair or just stands there? (tanks,cars,artycars etc.)
3. Is basearty allowed when wespe or any other arty units going through base and really not shoots as we saw in this game without mercy?
4. Can my opponent think, that he can basearty (or doing other smut things to hasten win as we saw in this game) when the game was decided (only by him in his mind) in 20 minutes, as he told me in PM?

- at last I will try to answer the 4 question: I think not, because unfortunately I got bad news for him, in the form of my around 2500 playing games, and several times I have seen and experienced, players can loose when the enemy totally losing battle, by correct use doctrines and units at the right time and fairplay by opponent.

I laid all these questions because I would like to know how I to keep in other games against all players, because I did not expect this.

Thank Wurf

1. No not at all

2. Nope also not allowed

3. Depends because sometimes ppl think they shoot from there maybe by accident but should not happen 2th time

4. i do not understand what you mean there:/

However we talked once about our game.. some People learned it different as i learned to my self that arty base aa is no basearty but ohwell i think everyone think different
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Re-booting this topic. Posting 2 replays. Unfortunately I didn't capture any of the conversations before or after the games.
Just highlighting the hypocrisies in the community.

Is there really anything that different between these two scenarios? One is basebombing, one isn't apparently.
Maultiers in base, check.
Aiming at turrets, check.
Maybe it's because I used a 105mm howitzer instead of a 95mm cromwell.

"Just how allies are played. Deal with it."
Attachments
temp - Copy.rec
(2.25 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
6p_vimoutiers.2016-08-02.20-49-38.rec
(3.33 MiB) Downloaded 62 times

Lionelus

Post by Lionelus »

Hello BK community

On the Ducair replay, units got killed while bombing AA positions. And they were no obvious reasons for that. Bombing positions seems fine as fire support, while assaulting base with your troops. In this game, you just freely bombed, into the fog of war, with no tactical or strategical purposes.

On Vimoutier replay, few damages on troops and few damages on building. Some scattering shells had landed on Axis building, that's true. Ally teams was trying to get rid of Nebel, out of the base, which is fine. At no point, Ally team purposely bombed your base to kill troops or destroy buildings.

Yet, sometimes, basebombing is the only solution to get through enemy defenses, especially on very narrow map, with no flanking options.
Wolfhese 3v3 is very annoying, as some AT guns, mortar, AA emplacement and artillery can prevent any team to get in the base. Not to mention Pantherturm and SE mortar bunker. In this kind of situation, Heavy tanks and long range artillery (mortar is not enough) are the only ways to destroy enemy base and win the game. Assaulting base with infantry and tanks is suicide, most of the time, you need artillery.

As a british player, I can tell Royal artillery is having huge difficulty pushing through enemy base defenses. Cromwell, riflemen sections and mortar are not enough. You definetly need this arty support while assaulting + considering you invest tons of XP point into having effective artillery ; that would be pretty stupid not to use artillery superiority on assaulting enemy base;

Here would be my opinion on all of this :
- bombing squad next to HQ is forbidden, it totally ruins the game, as this is a 0 skills way to get rid of enemy infantry and vehicules being repaired.
- bombing buildings is forbidden, it also ruins the game, as artillery is difficult to counter and can send opponent back to tier 1 with no production capacities,
- basebomb would be authorized when at the doorstep of enemy base and while assaulting or going to assault, to provide fire support and dislodge enemy positions, considering assaulting only with tanks and infantry is not enough sometimes to get through.

Moreover, if you want to be nice in game and show some fairplay, you can always tell the enemy team you're going to bomb to push through.

All the best

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

That's exactly why the tournament was made as 1250 VP + 250 popcap mode... Which is enough points for each team to make a come back, while also playing the beloved 250 popcap mode.. and at the same time; if you couldn't rush the base, then you can just hold the points! This way u r never obliged to rush the base anyhow.

Sadly not all the maps are good for VP though.
But the upcoming standard Bk tour will be played the same way for sure.