Panthers cementary on LaFiere

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

Panthers cementary on LaFiere

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Version: 4.9.5. beta

Teams:

Allies:

Shadow (RaF)
Me (AB)
Nami Swan (Engeniers)

Axis:

Dr. Speedball (SE)
Wurf (Terror)
AgentDunham (Terror)

First of all its worth to mention that patch havent changed anything regarding terror, double-triple terror is still a common thing since not any other axis doc can be as effective as Panther G which see the entire map + insta killing walking stuka + spam of grens with stg44, fire nades and schreck, look at the further nerf which I suggested in beta patch topic. I have to say that opponents were veeery bad with their panthers and we are actually surprised that we managed to win this, because at particular moments it looked like game is over already. In total I think we killed aprox 15+ Panthers and 2 King tigers. Also the battle was a bit frustrating for the both teams since Axis had not a single doc with AA and allies had no arty, so the major amount of kills were made by Airstrikes and Axis rocket arty.

- 3 vet. 4 101s at the end ( Grens feeded me with MG42 and I had mg in almost every squad xD)
- Hellcat killed 3 Panthers and KT in quite an epic way.
- Achiles moved the game from the dead point by making break through, there you will see an awesome moment when 2 Panthers got blown in a few secs, 1 by rocket run, other by Achiles.
- Dr. ones has stolen 350 fuel and 100 ammo near my base (dropped res)
Attachments
temp.rec
(7.99 MiB) Downloaded 39 times

Wurf

Re: Panthers cementary on LaFiere

Post by Wurf »

My opinion of this game is that, if all the bugs worked fine (zooks,schreck etc.), so this game would have been ended much sooner and without such large losses pantherG because it was very frustrating attack only with tanks without proper infantry support ...However, it is still only a beta version, so can not tell if someone played badly or well, because half the stuff does not work and the other half is OP - Nevertheless, GG, the first half of the game I enjoyed

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Version: 4.9.5. beta
I have to say that opponents were veeery bad with their panthers and we are actually surprised that we managed to win this, because at particular moments it looked like game is over already. In total I think we killed aprox 15+ Panthers and 2 King tigers. Also the battle was a bit frustrating for the both teams since Axis had not a single doc with AA and allies had no arty, so the major amount of kills were made by Airstrikes and Axis rocket arty.

- 3 vet. 4 101s at the end ( Grens feeded me with MG42 and I had mg in almost every squad xD)
- Hellcat killed 3 Panthers and KT in quite an epic way.
- Achiles moved the game from the dead point by making break through, there you will see an awesome moment when 2 Panthers got blown in a few secs, 1 by rocket run, other by Achiles.
- Dr. ones has stolen 350 fuel and 100 ammo near my base (dropped res)

Sorry, but I absolutely disagree that i was bad with panthers, at least from my part. Except the last one in the end, when i was totally tired and frustrated from the game, I didn't waste a single panther recklessly. All of them were either; 1. One shot by air strike 2. Wrecked by rushing 17p tank, either Achilles or Firefly, usually multiple of them. I don't remember running into ambushed 17p ONCE. So if you remember tell me how exactly did I used panthers badly.

What made this game for you was mostly two things (except your team was generally better). Firstly, this map is mostly HUGE open field. So it is almost impossible to bomb out ambushed 17p guns/tanks, since it's hard to guess where they might be. Secondly, HUGE field is perfect for employing deadly heavy inf counters like snipers, quad .50, crusader AA....now combine it with the fact that schrecks are totally fucked up in the beta, so it was not possible to just clear it out with usually "OP" grens rushes, while panthers couldn't progress much aswell because of ambushed 17ps waiting in every corner.

So what actually ended the game for us, was that we tried to made our push and failed, and simply ran dry on resources for panthers and grens.

Btw churchills seem to be very powerful now, since, at least from my beta experience, are basically immune to anything below and including 75mm L/48. So only hope are schrecks which are like 50/50 and not even saying they are fucked up in current beta.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Thing is that you lacked units combinations, there were separated atacks of Panthers, Infantry and Stuka bombing something when you werent even going to atack, you just had to combine all this things once and we would have been defeated.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Thing is that you lacked units combinations, there were separated atacks of Panthers, Infantry and Stuka bombing something when you werent even going to atack, you just had to combine all this things once and we would have been defeated.

its the normal way when axis team consists only of WH (or terror). Everybody is trying his own stuff with his own good tanks, with his own good arty, with his own good inf and usually ending up in a combined defensive force from the entire enemie team.

And also the rocket arty with howitzer range. 90% of the players with rocket arty using rocket arty that way. I dont know if i shall say "fix it" or "let them waste their ammo". Its a waste which might be in my favour then, but at the other hand that nonstop randomly long ranged rocket arty becomes really annoying.

I didnt watch it but i think i know very well what i am going to see or what i would see in case i watch it.

Also wurf is very correct when he says that half of the stuff (units, abilties etc) is just "there" but usless and then a very handfull (very well) working stuff which you see in every game over and over again and which also require a minimum of skill.

So yeah, it is getting boring over the time.
Build more AA Walderschmidt