Ridicolous terror battle + suggestions for doc rework

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Warhawks97

Re: Ridicolous terror battle + suggestions for doc rework

Post by Warhawks97 »

shermans can bounce from ostwind and wirbel. The vehicles with 37 mm more often than not. Just US 37 mm has guranteed pen (axis 37 mm does not).

Just as info.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Warhawks97 wrote:shermans can bounce from ostwind and wirbel. The vehicles with 37 mm more often than not. Just US 37 mm has guranteed pen (axis 37 mm does not).

This is completely illogical. Either we assume that every gun operator targets the weak turret of the tank (so every gun pens) or we ignore that fact and count those tanks just as normal panzers, which, as stated in my prevoius post, I am against.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Oh well, I agree that there is no need to change the armor of the Wirbel or the Ost winds, only the unit price need to be tuned together with the HE rounds conversion cost... They should also gain veterancy levels faster in my opinion.

@Jim;
Well... Combat Engineers are elite.. at least in the early stage of the game; and after all they are still considered as a doctrinal specialized inf squad.
CQB are definitely elite, they are armed to teeth too! And also considered doctrinal specialized.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

CQB elites? did i miss something? In the first few mins of the game they have a use maybe. But later on its kinda pointless when stgs etc are everywhere. Even pios from def doc with mp40 can fight them off sometimes.

thats a ridiulous statment (almost) oO. The good thing is that they have ambush at default and booby trap.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:CQB are definitely elites... They are armed to teeth! And also considered doctrinal specialized.

So Terror grens are:

much better armored, have better hp, better grenades (including flame), Nebel victory target, free STG44 (best weapon in the game), MG42, Antitank capability of Panzershreck....

and they are not elites :D?

So either every well armored unit is elite, or...?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

U miss the point... Inf doc get 3 different doctrinal specialized inf squads beside normal Rangers, Terror gets Grens.. all the way around; just Grens at the end!

Booby traps; instantly appear in buildings.. positive camo... Still not elite???

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:U miss the point... Inf doc get 3 different doctrinal specialized inf squads beside normal Rangers, Terror gets Grens.. all the way around; just Grens at the end!

Booby traps; instantly appear in buildings.. positive camo... Still not elite???

Well, that's true, still we should speak about what "elite" means. For me "elite" is hard to kill. Grens and Storms are the hardest to kill units, which can't be said about engineers or CBQ.

But yea u have a point: "Booby traps; instantly appear in buildings.. positive camo". These are elite traits. But they are all DEFENSIVE. Is elite unit a defensive unit or attacking unit? Well, maybe appearing from building is not xD. Btw this is the only reason to use CBQ, that they can surprise the enemy :D.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote: just Grens at the end!

Just the strongest inf in game at the end and most cost effective one. That is elite

thats all about it. Spawn in building might be good for some early-mid game surprises, not more. The longer the game lasts, the less elites they are.

And if the one or two mid game surprise spawn attempts fail you get into serious trouble. A house spawn is always a risk and at that stage every MP is cruical.

In fact, just be prepared. Dont expose units and keep a mobile inf killer unit near your inf to create a save area. And then most house spawns fail and if your opponent keeps trying it he will lose badly on the long term.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Didnt know the ai in this game or atleast their "Shooting" is that intelligent? lol i tough they only and always shoots at the Chassis
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:Didnt know the ai in this game or atleast their "Shooting" is that intelligent? lol i tough they only and always shoots at the Chassis
I didn't mean the AI itself. I mean the devs could take that into consideration that this tank has a weak spot. You get it? In reality everybody would target the weak point so the hard points doesn't really matter.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

American quad is way better against infantry than Wiberlwind and cheaper. Price decrease will be good but I'm not sure it will be worth.