Company of Heroes 1 :D

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3584
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Company of Heroes 1 :D

Postby Tiger1996 » 23 Feb 2018, 14:35

Just a little of CoH1 to retrieve the memories :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5l_9ZCx5n8
SnapShot.jpg
Video Thumbnail


The game is crap of course compared to Bk, but somehow.. still fun! :lol:

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 2770
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: Company of Heroes 1 :D

Postby Warhawks97 » 23 Feb 2018, 16:57

Too bad, we couldnt see the stuh in action. I love stuhs in vanilla. A lot more than in BK. Not that part where they loop shots over hedgerows. But as they work as close range support. They destroy an emplacment in two or three shots which is great for vanilla style damage.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3584
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Company of Heroes 1 :D

Postby Tiger1996 » 23 Feb 2018, 17:48

It's perhaps worth to mention though that generally Stugs in vCoH have much more resistant frontal armor compared to Bk Mod, specifically vs Zookas!

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 2770
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: Company of Heroes 1 :D

Postby Warhawks97 » 23 Feb 2018, 21:50

Vcoh is in this regard whole different anyway. Zooks are much worse but also far less common.

However a very interesting aspect of vcoh is that Skirts provide mainly better protection against zooks. They reduce the penetration of those further and the damage by 25%.

Against gun shots the skirts do not provide better penetration protection. Just damage is reduced by 10%.

The skirt system of vcoh is much better than those of BK. Here skirts for stugs for example do not provide better protection against zooks. Neither in terms of penetration nor damage. Instead only boosting the protection against gunfire.


But as you talk about stugs and their armor: Their armor is in all aspects better than those of tank IV´s.

Bottom line: Vcoh has a more realistic skirt system and more realistic tank IV and stug armor. In BK it got basically reversed. Not just a reverse of values of stug and Tank IV´s. The gaps between these values got also enlarged a lot.

User avatar
Jalis
Posts: 385
Joined: 25 Nov 2014, 04:55
Location: Canada

Re: Company of Heroes 1 :D

Postby Jalis » 24 Feb 2018, 08:41

Warhawks97 wrote:
However a very interesting aspect of vcoh is that Skirts provide mainly better protection against zooks. They reduce the penetration of those further and the damage by 25%.



It is not interresting, it is just one exemple where Vcoh in more historically accurate (if not realist) than bk. There is many others.

User avatar
Shanks
Posts: 371
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 22:02

Re: Company of Heroes 1 :D

Postby Shanks » 24 Feb 2018, 11:14

pitifully the people of vcoh, for the most part, prefer this type of damage system, that is why they do not play bk, there are few people who can play bk, because there is "pressure" in the game, it is practically chess, but more dynamic , this repetition reminds me of a person, who told me that he would win in vcoh 1v1, "because vcoh does not stink", i accept the challenge, you know the result, I win

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 2770
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: Company of Heroes 1 :D

Postby Warhawks97 » 24 Feb 2018, 12:11

Shanks wrote:pitifully the people of vcoh, for the most part, prefer this type of damage system, that is why they do not play bk, there are few people who can play bk, because there is "pressure" in the game, it is practically chess, but more dynamic , this repetition reminds me of a person, who told me that he would win in vcoh 1v1, "because vcoh does not stink", i accept the challenge, you know the result, I win


perhaps you havent got my point. I am not talking about the damage system. I just said that in vcoh provide improve the protection against handheld AT or hollowcharges in general. And thats what they have been designed for. First kind of reactive armor. In Bk skrits do not improve the protection against Hendheld AT and instead boost armor protection against normal shells. If you know how hollowcharge works you would know how such plates would effect those. These tiny plates did little against kinetic based AT shots. They were designed to "pre fuse" the hollowcharges before they hit the actual armor.

Allied tired to achieve the same with sandbags, tracks, trees and other stuff.

User avatar
Jalis
Posts: 385
Joined: 25 Nov 2014, 04:55
Location: Canada

Re: Company of Heroes 1 :D

Postby Jalis » 24 Feb 2018, 12:50

Warhawks97 wrote:perhaps you havent got my point.


Or perhaps his point was not to reply you.

... a kind of ; a story where I am the hero.

User avatar
Shanks
Posts: 371
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 22:02

Re: Company of Heroes 1 :D

Postby Shanks » 24 Feb 2018, 18:20

Warhawks97 wrote:
Shanks wrote:pitifully the people of vcoh, for the most part, prefer this type of damage system, that is why they do not play bk, there are few people who can play bk, because there is "pressure" in the game, it is practically chess, but more dynamic , this repetition reminds me of a person, who told me that he would win in vcoh 1v1, "because vcoh does not stink", i accept the challenge, you know the result, I win


perhaps you havent got my point. I am not talking about the damage system. I just said that in vcoh provide improve the protection against handheld AT or hollowcharges in general. And thats what they have been designed for. First kind of reactive armor. In Bk skrits do not improve the protection against Hendheld AT and instead boost armor protection against normal shells. If you know how hollowcharge works you would know how such plates would effect those. These tiny plates did little against kinetic based AT shots. They were designed to "pre fuse" the hollowcharges before they hit the actual armor.

Allied tired to achieve the same with sandbags, tracks, trees and other stuff.



I was not talking about your comment, Jalis is right


Return to “Matchmaking & Strategies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest