Panzer 4 mass production for PE

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: Panzer 4 mass production for PE

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

The Ostwind in my opinion is not that good as an anti infantry unit... It lacks suppression and speed while yet being more expensive than a Sherman which is on the other hand much deadlier against inf, but alright.. I know it can't shoot airplanes though.

The US Quad HT is definitely the best anti infantry vehicle in the game, too cheap.. early available in all docs... Fast enough, not to mention that it kills and suppresses too fast while also having absolutely no minimum range applied at all somehow.
I do have some confirmed information from the devs that it will be nerfed, as it would hopefully have a minimum firing range plus an increased price I think... I guess MarKr even said it before also somewhere btw.

Pz4 bouncing a Bazooka... Well, yes.. why not? At least as long as that 'tanks' generally still don't have their true firing ranges in the game, therefore becoming easily rushed just frontally using those handheld AT weapons.
It could be a solution to lower the range of all the hull or coaxial MGs while buffing their damage by quite a lot!

A Tiger bouncing 90mm gun; hmm... There is a SP in the game... SO yes, of course not everything meant to be purely realistic.. but maybe as realistic as possible :)

Wake

Post by Wake »

I just played a test game vs AI, me as TH and enemy as USA.

So the AI likes to spam the 76(W) Sherman, and even with tank commander + zimmerit + vet, the Panzer IV J and H were still being threatened by the Shermans. The 76mm shots usually penetrated, and would take away about 1/4 to 1/3 of the Panzer health. Of course, the Panzer IV J shots take away half of the Sherman health, but I still had my Panzer IVs being destroyed by combinations of Sherman 76s and bazookas.

And since the Ostwind and Wirbelwind were brought up, here's what it is.

Ostwind: Kills infantry, but does not suppress
Wirbelwind: Suppresses infantry, but does not kill

Krieger Blitzer

Wake wrote:Ostwind: Kills infantry, but does not suppress
Wirbelwind: Suppresses infantry, but does not kill

US Quad HT does both :D

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Ostwind also has about zero accuracy while moving, all shots just miss, thats why you cant drive backwards and do damage like HE sherman or Quad cal.

In my opinion, I would give to Ostwind supression + bit better accuracy while driving and a bit faster vet. gaining, but in return pz4 mass production shall not work on Ostwind.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Wake wrote:I just played a test game vs AI, me as TH and enemy as USA.

So the AI likes to spam the 76(W) Sherman, and even with tank commander + zimmerit + vet, the Panzer IV J and H were still being threatened by the Shermans. The 76mm shots usually penetrated, and would take away about 1/4 to 1/3 of the Panzer health. Of course, the Panzer IV J shots take away half of the Sherman health, but I still had my Panzer IVs being destroyed by combinations of Sherman 76s and bazookas.

AI always uses AP ammo because of cheating resources. If u ever play in team with AI, u can see that. It fires all abilities anytime it can, like smoke cover for AA emplacement etc.

Wake

Post by Wake »

JimQwilleran wrote:
AI always uses AP ammo because of cheating resources. If u ever play in team with AI, u can see that. It fires all abilities anytime it can, like smoke cover for AA emplacement etc.

Shit, then I'm wrong.

Krieger Blitzer

JimQwilleran wrote:
Wake wrote:I just played a test game vs AI, me as TH and enemy as USA.

Yup, true story this time... :P

Erich

Post by Erich »

i agree with this idea,at late game allies have a decent anti tank gun especially at 4v4 and 3v3 panzers shouldnt be a BIG threat even in masses,but i wonder how this change will performace in 2v2.