Truesigth + sector cap change

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

Are the suggestion good?

Truesigth is good
39%
Truesigth is bad
17%
CoH2 capping is good
28%
CoH2 capping is bad
17%

Total votes: 18

QWERTYAndreas

Truesigth + sector cap change

Post by QWERTYAndreas »

Hello Again

I have two suggestions. First is truesigth.

This IS a rather radical suggestion, but i think it will bring much "more" to the mod than any change made so far.

Truesigth is possible with the CoH 1 engine, as shown here: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread. ... ight=sight

It will simply add the feature from CoH2. It will be rather CPU intensive, but CoH2 is not a very demanding game anymore. Blitzkrieg is, but people can change the settings.

Second is a change to the capping system.

If the capping system is made like CoH2. The CoH2 capping system is better because it gives more combat. Furthermore units capping are not as vulnerable, leading to much more aggresive and fluent maches.

Warhawks97

Re: Truesigth + sector cap change

Post by Warhawks97 »

its cool, yeah. The new capping system would make units less vulneable to arty attacks during caputring act but you have to think about a few abilties.

1. How should booby traps work then?
2. The def doc has an arty ability that strike at the capturing point when enemie attempts to capture. How would this work then?
3. Sabotage: The squad have to be in territory to do that or near at the flag/center and where can it be repaired?
4. There are somtimes large territories and often stratetically points are sometimes very long and booth sides could easily putt troops in it without being in any dangerous range to the opponent. That could also cause some problems as those wouldnt be captured maybe for a longer time although they are important to connect territories.

It would also be a lot of work to make that for BK I when BK II is already in progress. Still i would support it so far.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

QWERTYAndreas

Post by QWERTYAndreas »

1. Boobytraps Work in CoH2. When a unit caps a point, there is an explosion directed towards them. Just like CoH1.

2. Well... It simply artys them...?

3. Near flag center

4. In CoH2 they have to be in a small radius around the flag. Its not covering the Whole sector. The linked Picture shows a big White marked area, that is the area within you can cap: http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/company-of-heroes-2/thumb/1/18/006.png/468px-006.png. If there is enemies in that area too, neither team will cap.

I know it will be "a lot of work", but as i see it, it should be possible to remove the flags and replace them with a new "flag". Simply insta-replacing all flags in the game :)

The truesigth migth be a lot of Work.. Or not. I don't know, since im not into scarcoding.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

everything alright then:) Nothing to add right now from my side.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

True Sight is not gonna happen in CoH1. You can't just take one sample where it works on 2-3 units and believe that it will work flawlessly on BK scale games. If it would work good, it would already be in most of the mods. The way its implemented is overly complicated for various reasons, so sadly no to this one.

Capping is possible, however I don't think that the benefit is big enough for BK1 to spend time on it. I can't vote as I don't think that any of the two is bad/good. Both have advantages/disadvantages and both are unique in its own way.

QWERTYAndreas

Post by QWERTYAndreas »

@Wolf; You migth be rigth.

I have spend some time testing it, and here is an example of how it Works.

First the kettenkrad is invisible because of the LOS block.

No kettenkrad, LOS blocked
No kettenkrad, LOS blocked

Then it is visible, because nothing is blocking.

Kettenkrad spotted!
Kettenkrad spotted!

How does it Work then?

Each squads have a invisible weapon, that "shoots" at the enemies. If they can be shot at, they are visible. If they cannot, they are invisible.

However it can be confusing because the "LOS ring" still exist. This can be prevented by making everything "visible" - but then it is hard to see how far units can spot.
This can be fixed by a ring similar to the one a sniper haves in CoH2 (showing its firering range). But this will not Work on bigger squads :|

Crew weapons will cause the game to give a "Fatal Scar error", but this is correctable too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvbTvISeVoo

Performance wise i didn't have any problems, nor slowdowns. The mod is from '09, and we have come a Little further with computers by now :)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I would just say the same Wolf said; I can't vote this...

But hohoho, really nice to see those guys.. talking about 'Lethal Dosage'_'Cozmo'_'Halftrack' etc! That conversation has been a long time ago!! Are they still modding around btw or no longer? Do Wolf also know them I wonder?!

I recently know only about Halftruck as he is now (If I am not mistaken) working on both the 'D-Day historical symbols\skins' and the 'Afrika Korps' add ons for the Bk mod. I have also discussed a lot with Lethal Dosage before about the CoI (Cross of Iron) mod while honestly but sadly I never talked with Cozmo....

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Tiger1996 wrote:I would just say the same Wolf said; I can't vote this...

You don't even know if it works or not and you can't vote for this?