Semi-auto Lee-Enfield to bolt-action animation

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Byloo

Semi-auto Lee-Enfield to bolt-action animation

Post by Byloo »

Hello just a quick suggestion. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but British Lee-Enfields work as if they were semi-auto when in reality they were bolt action rifles. Has anyone else noticed this or do I have a problem with my version? If so could you give me a fix for that?

Warhawks97

Re: Semi-auto Lee-Enfield to bolt-action animation

Post by Warhawks97 »

yeah. we are aware of that. But for some reason old devs that it cant be fixed.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Yes.. I surely noticed before that although it has a 10 rounds magazine, it should be still actually shooting like a Kar98 and not like an M1 Garand as it is currently... However that it's not such a very big deal so far!
But it's definitely worth to mention that if it has ever got to be fixed; each CW squad which is grabbing it.. would then recieve a price reduction since it is a default weapon.

Viper

Post by Viper »

Ya its like M1 Garand in game so as in real time.
Lee Enfield one of the most successful Rifles in WW2 and it has pros greater than its cons
Pros:
1:it's easy to handle in soldiers hands
2:Lee Enfield has 10 rounds in its magazine so that keep shouting without reload many times.
3:Lee Enfield bolt its the only one has small bolt that's get the rifle great rate of fire like M1 Garand
Cons:
1:The bolt has issues after shouting alot its jammed and never shot untill you clear the the bullet champer .
2:Lee Enfield bullets lost it stability in very long rang operation because the bolt is too small and it drop the bulle in long rang so that they made another rifle with long bolt just fro long operation or imean sipers like RAF sniper has and BTW its 10 rounds too.

Krieger Blitzer

its like M1 Garand in game so as in real time.

You should take a look at this video I think... :)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u9N89bztCZo

So it's more like both the Kar98 and the SpringField in real life! And not like M1 Garand, M1 Carbine or even G43 anyhow.. but whatever ;)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Enfield was special bolt action rifle with modifed bolt to allow shooting quickly. Besides that brits had been decent rifle shooters since the 17th and 18th century among with prussian army. But Brits focused a lot on rifles and the training making them the best skilled rifle soldiers combining rof and accuracy. Thats because they didnt use many MG´s at first in WW1. That training remained though till WW2. So basically the brits would be the best rifle shooters in that game but they arent.
Also they can make 10 shots in a row but the reload time is extremly long and damage poor. The axis loading way faster (and G43 is a real speed reloader)

You also like some jokes?

Damage of rifles:

Enfield: 19-29
M1: 20-30
K98: 23-33
G43 (SS and gebirgs standard weapon): 27-36

Bolt action is too fast for you? K98 and Enfield have exact same rofs so far. 1,5 sec on close range, 2 on mid, 2,5 on long/distant.

Slowest rifle is, yes, the M1 semi rifle. Only on close range (0-15) its way faster (but with poor accuracy) and on mid range (15-25) both rifles can be compared but accuracy and damage of K98 makes it basically better on that range . On long and mid it fires all 2,625 seconds and is thus by far the worst rifle of all.

How for fuck sake is it possible that WH grens use Stormtooper K98 stats (kar_98k_rifle_Elite)? 0.8/0.65/0.45/0.45 accuracy? Tommies have 0.75/0.55/0.45/0.35. So basically the damageoutput of Tommy inf at distant isnt better than that of Volks.

Even the PE Grens and heavy assault grens are far from WH Grens range accuracy. PE has 0.35 at long and distant range.

Not even Enfield commandos have the WH Gren rifle performence. Being on short, mid and distant less accuracy as Grens (and dont forget the bullet damage)

So what happend? Old BK crew made WH Grens being elites. They did cost like Elites (450 and 39 to reinforce), HP like Elites (80 just like luft inf and commandos) and weapon stats like elites and later appearance. But they hadnt even stgs. Commandos at that time did cost 500 and 32 but thats because they were weaker than Grens. Thats why they had been much cheaper in reinforcment. Now commandos cost significantly more (450 and 38) but being not better than Grens basically.

The range damageoutput of standard grens with K98 and lmg is comparable to Gebirgsjäger which have slight edge due to the G43´s "M82 barret cal 50 damage" and rof.

So we made Grens being the core unit. We made them lot cheaper and added stgs but we forgot to make them being core unit. They are far better than any PE gren squad.

Ask me why i didnt check it earlier? well, i had some sucpicious moments. 1. Gren with just 3 K98 and two stg beating ranger with 5 M1 and lmg and Engis with 6 M1. Mid range and all units green cover. Grens clearly won with just one loss. 2. Gren killed 2 attacking ranger squads during attack in the open. Something i am used to see from Regiment5. 3. Grens with K98 killed Rifle and ranger squad with m1 easily without loss. 4. My Grens, mainly with K98 and the two stgs, have beaten two SAS squads so fast that i thought they had been sappers. 5. Grens beating rangers with 3 thompson in close ranged fight. 3 Rangers died in assault using spring (reduces incoming accuracy (and yellow cover) and the last three died in the close combat.

Someone here said that Luft ifn doesnt makes sense to play because WH grens are doing just as good or better. And he is basically right with that.

Wanna hear some more good jokes?
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 07 Dec 2015, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

Viper

Post by Viper »

Calm down dude we are just talking about Lee Enfield not grand or rangers.
And why you so upset because the grens became main unite ofcorce they are the backbone of the Nazi army .
And Byllo just asking if it right that Lee Enfield has high rate of fire and I explained that is true and Tiger just say his opinion without anger or insist of what he say .
It's not war it just suggestions.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Just as i know Tiger he was probably already thinking something like (omg, brits have got an ultra rifle that combines the best of all others) because they just look like shooting fast or something or too fast with bolt action.

The prob i have with grens:
Once they had been expensive, basically most expensive inf (just luft was more expensive) but therefore typically axis elite performence. Now they got cheaper, almost spamable (getting 3-4 out isnt that hard) due to low upkeep in early stage of WH but kept their elite performence.

So:
WH Grens are cheaper than PE heavy assault grens and Tommy inf and commandos but being a way better than those and extremly versatile unlike the tommy inf (and due to schrecks better suited for combat than PE grens). They easily match up with any elite inf in that game (except veted storms with leader squad) but being more a standard infantry unit.

Its like giving standard tommy squad Enfield commandos rifle stats. In so far the grens easily match up with storms when it comes to damageoutput. In a ranged fight the grens with K98 ans lmg are easily better than Storms with lmg34, stg and 4 rifles and bashing SAS squads in a about a second. Add the fact that def doc has that cover upgrade and terror stgs for free and+ flame nades. I recently switched from BK doc to terror doc.

So they are backbone inf that is better than most elite inf in that game. The grens basically replaced all axis elites now as they have kind of same weapons, survivability but much cheaper.

Krieger Blitzer

@Hawks;
Are u high? What's the matter bud?!

I honestly never imagined this video would hit u so hard like that :P

But first of all.. I didn't say anything HAS TO change of which is regarding the Lee Enfield rifle anyhow btw... As I only said that "if it has ever got to be fixed" as I then mentioned too "it's not a very big deal after all" however that I am really wondering now; what makes u so tensioned? Such impressions had been very clear and also pretty obvious in ur text I believe!

Of course Grens are using elite Kar98 stats.. didn't we remove the KCH unit?? So it's difinitely fine.
SS and Gebirgs don't have Kars, they use G43 which was an excellent quick firing accurate weapon! Plus that both units are already elite ones.
Not to mention that the G43 is usually not a default weapon...

The Lee Enfield in Bk mod surely must have lowest damage, anything weird about that? These rifles used different kind of bullets that looked like cylinders and not ordinary sharp bullets. That's why they often made more noise too...

Kar has slightly better damage than M1 but it can't compete at closer ranges at all. U already know that I suppose! So again, what's ur point?

K98 and Enfield have exact same rofs so far. 1,5 sec on close range, 2 on mid, 2,5 on long/distant.

Now u r completely wrong about this one, Lee Enfield is almost as fast as the M1 Garand at close range currently.. which is quite unrealistic but still fine anyways.

Now to the most funny part... U seem to have just contradicted ur own previous opinion so far! Wasn't it u who said this?
yeah. we are aware of that. But for some reason old devs that it cant be fixed.

And don't be so silly with such sentences please...
Enfield was special bolt action rifle with modifed bolt to allow shooting quickly. Besides that brits had been decent rifle shooters since the 17th and 18th century among with prussian army. But Brits focused a lot on rifles and the training making them the best skilled rifle soldiers.

Don't like to hear anymore about ur heroic freedom fighters.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I make it easier.

Grens in earlier versions: Pretty expensive and not a backbone unit actually and rather a "non doc WH elite unit". So their cost was higher than actually all US elite inf (and more expensive than commandos in reinforce).

Grens today: A way cheaper, especially in reinforce cost. Meanwhile Commandos went up in cost. Grens are not more expensive than commandos, PE inf, Stormtroopers and what else. Still have that elite status and stats. But idk why. It doesnt makes sense really that they outdamage (and outperform) Enfield commandos (or even basic Tommy inf) or PE Grens (especially heavy assault grens) when comparing their basic equipment.

Furthermore it was not intended to replace Expensive KCH Elite Rambo unit with cheaper elite unit that can be spammed more. The idea was to make grens backbone inf (not elite) that gets some special tweaks in terror doc (stgs) leaving Terror without elite inf and instead with a normal backbone standard inf. But what they actually got is an elite unit just cheaper.

Not few talk about "KCH II" when talking about grens (especially in def doc they got kind of that). I started playing terror doc a way more often lately. I used a mix of lmg grens with k98 and stgs. It didnt matter how badly we got our asses bashed in the early stage and losing like 3 pumas. As soon as my mix of Grens and AT squad got fielded in larger numbers i managed to overrun Jumbos, Commandos, HMG´s and the cw 7 men HMG crew. 3 Gren squads, recon and two AT squads. It took a while to establish that but when i got that combo i started frequently hit and run. The relatively low cost of losses and reinforce combined with damageoutput of elites (or better with flame nades) made me pretty soon very rich which then allowed be to get out Panthers relatively easily later as ultimate finisher.

So giving grens kind of kch stats just because they replaced them is quite dump. We could have dropped the cost of them and result would be the same. Intention was to replace that "kch way of play".

and i answered to the "missing bolt use act", not the rof. That missing animation is known.

And brits is true. You can read it everywhere. They had been the first that managed to get out three shots per min using a muzzle loader. Later Prussian army became similiar fast in reloading. The Brits always put high attention on their soldier skills and routine. Doesnt matter if at sea and loading guns (e.g 1588) or their soldiers with their rifles.

And the Bolt of the Enfield got improved later to increase the rof among with the soldiers training. Even some germans in ww1 did refer to the british rifle skills.

Even since the mid age the Brits did rely on the skill of the soldiers they had. They also Introduced as one of the first nation the obligatory training on the bow for all so called yeoman. Brits Yeoman got forced to do training on the bow every sunday. And at war times they got drawn-in and payed for the duration of the war or military campaign.

See battle for Crecy (1346) or Agincourt(1415) for further information what i am talking about. And this specific british attitude did serve throughout the centuries and they served very well with that. So their success is based on that harsh training and routine during battles and weapon skills. And so they did till WW1 and 2. Their inf was probably one of the most routinated arround the globe. The fail in france and early north africa was because of the new strategy the germans used (tanks as spearhead and Blitzkrieg) and weapons (e.g 88 and fast tanks) and the fact that this combined use of force (tanks and airplanes followed by inf) was pretty new even for the brits. But the individual soldier skill was very comparable.
Believe it or not. Its a fact. And why "freedom fighters"? I just listed down the facts. And did it again here.