johnson removal

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Re: johnson removal

Post by Warhawks97 »

Warhawks97 wrote:But thx for let me check it.

@devs: Tell if if i am wrong but Why is pen against unskirted Tank IV lower (0.8) as against skirted tank IV (1.)? That way the RL vs Tank IV J without skirts would have 64% pen chance against skirted Tank IV J 80% oO.

Maybe i missread something but this is how it seems to be. I might check again when i am less tired.

Ah i am wrong. Sorry for that. Been really too tired. The Johnson and BAR is correct.

for RL it is:

70% pen chance vs Tank IV
56% vs unskirted Tank IV J
48% vs skirted Tank IV J and H

So i dont see any way to make RL´s even worse lol. Their damage cant kill a vehicle in a single shot. The accuracy is lower than that of zooks or shreks and the pen is just capable to sometimes deal with the weakest axis armor.

So what you want to nerf lol? Bouncing of from schwimmwagens?

Tiger1996 wrote:I am pissed cuz it's as I exactly said it several times at the end... U even just proved my claim that the Johnson is almost exactly the same as BAR but even without suppression! It's not a unique weapon at all like many others wrongly believed.. so the suggestion would have so obviously buffed the 101st squads in an acceptable way.
The truth stands clearer than the sun...

However that just frankly now anyways; as I meant it srsly btw, ur beloved Johnson certainly will stay... So, just be happy then! That was such a very good wasted chance of buffing the 101st as I previously hinted.

Regarding the re-tuned back RL values, through this link below; u can surely find the answer to ur question!
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=825

MarKr wrote:US zook was a different case. Zook stats stayed untouched it was only about their quantity in squads. RL got stats buffed and so one was removed.

The Johnson is better. Taking the rof (10 more in a second which means at least 26 more taking lowest possible damage of that weapon).

The suppression is the same! Just because BARs have that shitty 40 ammo suppression waste which is, as i stated, maybe only usefull to fight blobbs. But in quickly changing situations, combined enemie forces etc its usless. There damage is preferable over suppression that needs further micro and fucking 40 ammo each time. So Johnson is better and essential for 101st.

The RL was changed many many times not long time ago (but still before you came to BK). It was completely useless once. Then overbuffed with guranteed pen and high damage vs tank Iv´s which made the weapon better than zooks (always too shot tank IV).

I cant say where exactly they got buffed but it wasnt the damage. A single 101st can afterall not deal with vehicles with single RL. And the pen stats are clearly inferior to Normal zook already. Only vs skirted panther both. zook and rl, have 20% pen (0.18 vs G and D). But against all other the normal zook is better, often much better.

So idk how much it got buffed it doesnt makes up the loss of the second, especially when they have to deal with vehicles. But well, i played a bit AB and regardless of doctrine i do rely on shermans and M10´s anyway and 82nd has afterall two M6A3C zooks.

and "wasted chance to buff 101st". Buff? hmm.... i didnt see a "buff" by removing johnson and giving silly grease. And as it seems many players did arrange with the fact of having just one rl in a drop. So Thompson can stay anway. Also the best possible weapon mix for a buff of the 101st would be: 1 RL upgrade, 3 Johnson, 6 Thompson.

In their current performence and default weapon mix a cost drop down to 385-400 would be good by keeping their default weapons and possible upgrades just as they are currently.
Build more AA Walderschmidt