British Command Tank

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Terence's Mouth

British Command Tank

Post by Terence's Mouth »

Bring back the maingun of the british command tank? The price is so much that it wouldnt be a problem if the main gun can shoot like a normal crommwell.
I dont know what was the reason to put it out.
So maybe a admin can start a voting here?

Warhawks97

Re: British Command Tank

Post by Warhawks97 »

? It never had a gun oO. Not even in vcoh.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

The Cromwell command tank never had any main gun, like 'Hawks said. The Cromwell Command tank, irl (just to use it as a reference), had it's main gun removed, and two n°19 radio equipped on it. It seems like it's this one wich is present in coh.

> Tank Encyclopedia At the bottom of the page.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Terence's Mouth

So the whole tank was changed not the main gun? Sry my english is not the best.

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

The Command Variant of The cromwell got it's main gun removed, and two radio were added, plus some map table. Later variants, like the Observation post variant or the Control variant, kept their main gun, and got two radio in addition, but they were later version. Almost none of the Cromwells saw the ww2, only a few, and the 7 britain armored division was the only division wich had only cromwell in it. The M4 Sherman got used way more.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Terence's Mouth

So you talk about the RL not about the game?
If yes i want tell you that this way of thinking destroy the game plus housespawning units are much unrealistic than a maingun for the crommwell command tank.

Again i want to say that i want a maingun for the crommwell command tank because of his price and the less amount of tanks in british docs.
So maybe we can make a voting for it?

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

As i said in my first post, i'm using the irl example only to explain, why, with that name, the command tank don't have a main gun. I'm not talking about damage or anything, just about the name. And personnaly, i'm fine with the command tank not having a main gun. But go ahead, make a strawpoll, it could be good.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The Command tank is not just a unit. It also is a tier up that unlocks units. So thats something you have to consider as well. CW atm pays 200 fuel for fully tier up and that also automatically provides usefull leader units that boosts nearby tanks.

one option could be to go the way USF do in coh2. First they pay a certain ammount of res to tier up that also provides an additional unit (leutnant, captian, major). Later these units can be rebuild for another cost.

Idk if that works in coh as well but maybe the first cost could stay as it is (300/70) as it also counts as tier up. Later the cost to rebuild it would be lower (for example 280/40).

I am also quite unsure about the unit cost for a long time but its simply not that easy. The fact that it has a certain unit performence which would justify cost x and the fact that it has to keep in line with other tier up cost makes it difficult.

And adding a normal gun makes it then even harder to find a fair price. Also in this game all units which provide bonuses to nearby units arent that great in combat by their own (except storm leader squad maybe). So why should this one become a fully combat unit?

SteamID_razelazz

Post by SteamID_razelazz »

Warhawks97 wrote:one option could be to go the way USF do in coh2. First they pay a certain ammount of res to tier up that also provides an additional unit (leutnant, captian, major). Later these units can be rebuild for another cost.

Idk if that works in coh as well but maybe the first cost could stay as it is (300/70) as it also counts as tier up. Later the cost to rebuild it would be lower (for example 280/40).

I really REALLY like this idea.

Terence's Mouth

We talk about the main gun here.
Reasons for it are :
High Price
It would have a weak gun
At time you build it, british will have less tanks than axis.

But the most important thing is: I play many times now with british and noticed that the main gun would fit perfectly into the game plus, it feels all time the maingun is missing and you have so less antitank or tanks at the time where you can build it.

The maingun would be a cool help for the british doctrines plus not katastrophe for axis because of the weak penetration and the amount of axis AT.

Dont know why somebody should be against this change, people only could hate this idea when they dont play with british and are scared that the british are OP then...(But i believe this maingun would be only a little help nothing that can destroy the gameplay or the fun for axis)

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

British are my main nation, i really love cromwells, with the command tank, they're becoming really powerfull. Obviously, in front of a tiger...

The high price is coming from the bonuses that the CT is giving, they're quite good imo, and that's justifying this price.

I don't know if people "Should" be against this idea, perhaps they will, like me, perhaps they will not.
It's true that the british got less anti-tank gun than the axis. But the 17 pdr is soooo powerfull...
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Cost are high, bonuses can be quite usefull. The more tanks you have arround the better the bonus.

from the cost i said you have to consider that it are also tier up cost. 17pdrs can be build quite early and are best allied AT gun.

If you have RE then you can get churchill with 6 pdr out before command tank. The 6 pdr church can stand a Tank IV in 1 vs 1 due to its armor.

Back in days i played very often CW (my stats there with one acc had been 79:13, lvl 16 or 15).

I would rather make the reproduction a bit cheaper. But the first time build cost need to stay high to keep CW in line with tier up cost. Its simply a "CW special" that every tier ups bring out units that have positiv effekt on nearby units. Thats something no other faction has.

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

+1
But the question is : Is that possible 'hawk ?
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Eldrak1911 wrote:+1
But the question is : Is that possible 'hawk ?

If not we might introduce a second command tank. Its the same as the first one actually but unlocked first when the first got deployed. When the first command tank got destroyed a reproduction of that one would be impossible and only the "second" cheaper one could be build but which is actually the same as the first one.

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

it's a quite strange solution... People will ask for the suppression of the first one after that, i think. Imo, the command tank is good like that. By the way, a command tank is meant to be protected, not to be exposed to the fire, so if it's got destroyed, it's normal to be punishing. Of course, if it got destroyed by some nebel or 105mm arty, that's more annoying...
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Eldrak1911 wrote:it's a quite strange solution... People will ask for the suppression of the first one after that, i think. Imo, the command tank is good like that. By the way, a command tank is meant to be protected, not to be exposed to the fire, so if it's got destroyed, it's normal to be punishing. Of course, if it got destroyed by some nebel or 105mm arty, that's more annoying...

um, yeah. Here´s the actual problem. It affects tanks only in a radius of 30 range. To have something to compare: Tanks have 60 gun range. 30 range is approx the range of axis nades and Volksgren Panzerfaust.

So it means that if you want to boost a tank or two you have to keep them in a very close formation. Perfect arty target and a organized retreat is more or less impossible and exceeds the micro of normal players.

So boosting two tanks is quite hard and very costly but yet they are extremly vulnerable. I think this is more a problem as the fact that its has no main gun.

Eldrak1911

Post by Eldrak1911 »

Boosting the range could be a problem ? I mean, with ennemy tank perhaps, i don't exactly know how the aura of command tanks is working.
Hey, i'm a bat, man !

Terence's Mouth

Again, giving the Crommwll Command tank an active maingun wouldnt be the end for axis or wouldnt make the game unbalance.
It would definatly fit into the game, so pls developers add this maingun that we can see if im right or not.