Camp Bomb Tactics

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Terence's Mouth

Re: Camp Bomb Tactics

Post by Terence's Mouth »

Answer answers with questions but it will be still the same: Halfaya Pass worked in "OLDER MOTHAFUCKING TIMES(i dont give a fuck which times,maybe times where there wasnt a fucking scott)
Now halfaya pass is unplayable? Why? because no OP scott KCH Neblers and other crap?
Halfaya pass worked! Now it doesnt work like many other maps.
So there must be a problem and i want find and solver that problem....

If we cant solve the problem we need to add new maps

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

what exactkly doesnt work? Is the map crashing? Or you mean "unplayable because of camping"? If you mean the second point then i have to say halfay has always been a silly map. Allied camp on these two ammo points and axis try to get mid fuel. Halfays has always been a map with lots of arty. Most of the time SE+def doc, double def or double def+SE. I faced double RA and inf doc as well.

I played games there with not less than 9 bunkers with perma MG´s inside+ dozens of 88´s. Very often we played Def, luft, SE and BK/Terror doc on that map.

And the games had always been all about arty there and finally 100% accuracy oneshot killer units such as stupa (thats why we often got double def doc there). I quite early lost the fun on that map long before wolf started with community patches. The only reason we had to play it was because most players couldnt play other maps due to stoneage PC´s.

My most favored way to play that map was to rush one side with 3 players as axis and destroying one of the allied ammo points right with schwimmwagen. But unless you didnt rush as axis or unless you didnt go for sabotage first this map always end up in really ugly fucked up pussy bunker/arty games with stupa always in the end game.

And airstrikes dont work there. One ostwind on mid hill shots down 90% of all airplanes. Two AA tanks and air support doesnt axist anymore. So allied often went for double RA and inf doc+ one armor player.

Halfaya was also the only map back in days where i went straight for hummel instead wespe.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Terence's Mouth

Thats what you say, the past prooved my the opposite.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Terence's Mouth wrote:Thats what you say, the past prooved my the opposite.

Have Gigabbytes of Halfaya games from 4.02 till nowdays. Wanna have it? And no, it was not just "random noobs". Random didnt exist before steam. I am talking about guys like predator, bears, impulse, loki, mg42slo, crixus etc etc. And halfaya simply always end up in extrem arty parties and camping. Only when you made a ten min rush it didnt happen but that was rarely the case. And for that reason i started hating this map so bad. Together with autry its my most hated map i think. Maybe Red Ball and many small bridge maps can compete with that map in my list of "most hated maps".

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

How warhawks described it is exactly how I remember halfaya too. I remember I used to play RA on halfaya, spam howitzer batteries, alt tab out of the game, alt tab back in, end the game in victory with a 500:3 KDR. And this was against pretty good players, not "random noobs" because as warhawks said, they basically didn't exist in those times. After several games of just that, I never played halfaya again. Halfaya played out exactly the same over and over again every time. And I always went RA. I never played as axis because I knew exactly what was going to happen too. I'd say halfaya is an unbalanced map because allies gets two +16 mu to feed their never ending arty which takes no skill to use in a 4v4 because anywhere you shoot on that map, you're bound to hit something. It was such a formulaic map, I don't know why people kept playing it... prob because people just love their fuckin formulas.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Terence's Mouth

I remember the best games on halfaya pass on old relic times with MG42slo EstadoMayor and other old veterans. Maybe you guys didnt play in this times but it change nothing, Halfaya worked if you dont believe me its okay, but dont talk like "it never was, it never bla bla"....
I know this times and i know it worked.
Go on talkin crap and try proofing the opposite of the truth, but the truth always will be the truth.

Its nothing personaly.
I just said in old times halfaya worked and now its unplayable.

The reason for it is: I want changes that solve the problem/s and make more maps playable again, instead of looking away and making compromises just to move the recognition to the future that BK mod has no working substance anymore and less fun than years before.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

truth is a derivative of perspective but ok.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I also remember estadomayor. He wasn't a very nice person. But that's irrelevant. He also played the same way over and over again. It was always nebels, kch, Kt. Oh and incendiary grenades once he rushed kch. It was really boring and he kept doing the same thing. So he always got pissy with me when I beat his formula over and over again. Eventually I had to remove him from friend list because 1. Playing vs him wasn't fun. 2 he kept harassing me for being a "coward" by countering his formula. Sorry snipers were the only cost effective and sure counter to kch? Sorry id rather long tom a Kt instead of risking 5 m10s trying to flank it on a puny map? Sorry I waited in base so I wouldn't get nebeled every time I stepped out?

Armacalic

Post by Armacalic »

Terence's Mouth wrote:I remember the best games on halfaya pass on old relic times with MG42slo EstadoMayor and other old veterans. Maybe you guys didnt play in this times but it change nothing, Halfaya worked if you dont believe me its okay, but dont talk like "it never was, it never bla bla"....
Go on talkin crap and try proofing the opposite of the truth, but the truth always will be the truth.

Its nothing personaly.

The reason for it is: I want changes that solve the problem/s and make more maps playable again, instead of looking away and making compromises just to move the recognition to the future that BK mod has no working substance anymore and less fun than years before.

Just to tear your logic down, you have proved nothing. "I remember" is no proof of anything, you either bring something tangible or you're wrong, plain and simple. Your position as is is not defensible, as more than one person has said something different or completely contrary to what you remember.

What you are saying is not necessarily the truth, and while the truth isn't always with the side of the majority, most people here have mentioned the failings of the old times that you said worked better. Personally, I remember most of these problems too.

Right now you're the one talking crap, get over it and get some proof of your claim, or don't make shit up just to return the problems you were fine with exploiting.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I remember from 4.0 till today.

And i played with the same guys. Estado (Kch and arty, or SE and wespe asap and nothing else), Volksgrenadiers, Buco, nasty little man, Bears, Crimax, crixus, my clan mates, ursus (Withe Gandald at that time), loki, Vikt and handfull others.

Abd you know what?!

Nasty Little man: Stupa, 105 sherman (always, every fucking time)
Vikt: Def doc and bunkers etc
Bears: Always RA and 17 pdr emplacments (his dudes also got veeery often arty). Or DEF doc double grille. He NEVER upgraded any unit. He fucking used grille to snipe single recons and jeeps!
Slo: One of very few not camp/bomb players. He went usually RAF and i loved fighting against him when RAF was still a bit stronger than nowdays (imba smoke, super cheap reinforce)
Crimax: Lots of paks, then kch.
Buco: RE and defense spammer. BK stuh/bunker spam
Then there was a luft guy who also enjoyed spamming 88´s but forgot the name
Ursus: I nicknamed him once "Mr Sandbag". Later he got better and mostly played luft doc or any arty
Volksgrenadiers: Lots of Bunkers as def doc. Also using double grille.
Loki: Arty doc or def doc with stupa.

Fuck, 90% of axis def players got either only the stupa as one unit army OR double grille making a shot for 35 ammo. It was cheaper to make a grille shot as to throw a fucking Grenade bundle or satchel!

And we always played that fucking halfaya. When i played allis with my team we never had to build a real defense and we never got attacked! The opponents got only Bunkers, stupa, wespe and grilles!

Then i remember a game at goodwood. 90% of all deployed units had been arty units (2 arty shermans, 7 howitzers, lots of 25 pdr howitzers, priests, double calli and we got wespes, stukas etc. In that game i was the only one who attacked and who did use other stuff than arty.

Or do you remember the formula Autry games? The times when BK doc had the walking stuka (maultier didnt exist at that times)? It was only double BK doc, then Ostwinds and mega stuhs, up to 4 walking stukas and at the end at least one Tiger ace came to finish enemies off.

This are the "old times" i do remember. The only guys it was fun to play with/against had been some of my clan or MG42 slo. But every other player and game was just awfull and really everybody ran for arty, bunkers and KCH/6 times nebler for 0 ammo VT in every second assault of kch´s.

Do you remember the bears, Vikt, Volksgrenadiers group? Always road to cherbourgh witht wo def docs and one terror. Or def, TH, terror. Within the first 4 mins they had like 5 bunkers up just for perma MG´s.

Do you remember old Priest? It fired for 35 ammo one barrage. The "sniper" ability against marked targets had an independent cooldown. So you could fire nonstop with priest. First a salvo for 35 ammo, then sniper ability for 25 ammo even, then another barrage for 35 ammo.

neblers just cost like 30 ammo to fire, stuka arround 75 or 80 and Hummel also just 80, 65 with ammo HT.

I remember these old days with lots of guys of which only very very few (maybe like 4 players) did not use arty in a extrem way and who played doctrines which had not been arty or semi arty docs.

everybody else played only inf, RA, SE, Terror, def doc (and BK when it still had the walking stuka).

The camp didnt exist because there was so fucking much arty almost for free than any kind of defense didnt make much sense in late game. But massive bunker spams in early HR games did exist. But a single VT of like 20 25 pdr and 2 priests killed even bunkers at once.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Armacalic wrote:
Terence's Mouth wrote:I remember the best games on halfaya pass on old relic times with MG42slo EstadoMayor and other old veterans. Maybe you guys didnt play in this times but it change nothing, Halfaya worked if you dont believe me its okay, but dont talk like "it never was, it never bla bla"....

Its nothing personaly.

Just to tear your logic down, you have proved nothing. "I remember" is no proof of anything, you either bring something tangible or you're wrong, plain and simple. Your position as is is not defensible, as more than one person has said something different or completely contrary to what you remember.

What you are saying is not necessarily the truth, and while the truth isn't always with the side of the majority, most people here have mentioned the failings of the old times that you said worked better. Personally, I remember most of these problems too.

Right now you're the one talking crap, get over it and get some proof of your claim, or don't make shit up just to return the problems you were fine with exploiting.

It's called anecdotal fallacy, and everyone here has committed it simply because it's a personal experience problem. But who's counting?