for 4.9.4

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Aaahuh

for 4.9.4

Post by Aaahuh »

Okay, I think the mod is near it's perfection, still, I got few suggestions,

1. Let's accept that Mg42 is iconic to this mod and op. but panzershreks?!! seriously? their damage is somewhat, i mean somewhat only, acceptable, but their range and accuracy is way beyond. the last game i played, opponent didn't came with a sniper or motorcycle to counter my sniper, he came with an AT squad, and he succeeded. even when my tin cans were upgraded with sand bags and i was using smoke, those at squads with p.shreks hit like sniper, and that's even not vet squads.

I request to either reduce p.shreks' range and accuracy, or atleast make shermans' sandbad upgrades and smoke screen more effective.

2. Like, panzershreks, Panzerwerfer rockets, for their size and historical account of being not accurate, fully contradicts in bk, apart from historical accuracy it's a balance issue after all, there is NO counter to it if US armour doc chosen untill calliope arrives, and calliope hit like shit.

Tonedown panzerwerfers' accuracy and damage. range is acceptable though.

3.Placeable HE shot ability on all tanks
both allies and axis, why this abilty even exists? always fails. trust me all these time i played bk mod, pershings' only defence against inf didn't work properly for me atleast once. it only eat up munitions. once placed usually it misses the target (all tanks) especially when using on rough terrain. it only worked for me on open clear terrain. in rough terrain only a crater appears and the "high explosion" that meant to kill inf was nowhere to be seen and at squads easily blow up tanks without losing single guy.

I think the accuracy of placable HE shot abilty should be increased to make is fail proof and to be worth the munitions spent on it.

apart from 3 rd issue, axis players usually make at quads and squads with shrek upgrade, a mg42, and nebelwerfers and panzerwerfers ,that's all they need. they already won the match.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: for 4.9.4

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hey, plz don't use my own words again :P It was me who firstly called it like this way... By publishing the topic named as "Inspiring for Perfection!" through out the General BkMod1 section.. just 4 months before the release of this current patch!

As a response to ur points;
I do find absolutely no problems now with Bazookas. Both the range and damage are SAME!! But the accuracy and rate of fire are depending usually on the squad itself, however that the Axis AT teams seem to be having more accuracy and rate of fire.. but it's really fine since they are more expensive though.
Penetration is almost the same as well, Schrecks are slightly better but the upgraded Zooka versions are too close... Yet the Schrecks are still suffering against several certain Allies tanks for sure and even HTs btw as they are sometimes also missing a lot!
So regarding this subject, it's totally fine as it is.

Which PanzerWerfer u r talking about??!! The Opel Maultier trucks??? Or the AT grenade of the PE inf??!! I will skip this point until I get to know it clear.
Regarding the Calliope, we will talk about it later :) Actually me and Hawks recently made an agreement considering it ^^

And yes, I agree that these single HE shells are so inaccurate and mostly an ammo waste.. but still, sometimes they are just devastating!

I can see I am not the only one seeking for another quick tiny patch so far, that's why later at some point soon... I will be publishing a topic for this. I know Wolf and MarKr might be pissed now to hear such kind of news perhaps :D But it's just a small patch this time which is required I believe ;)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Aaahuh wrote:Okay, I think the mod is near it's perfection, still, I got few suggestions,

1. Let's accept that Mg42 is iconic to this mod and op. but panzershreks?!! seriously? their damage is somewhat, i mean somewhat only, acceptable, but their range and accuracy is way beyond. the last game i played, opponent didn't came with a sniper or motorcycle to counter my sniper, he came with an AT squad, and he succeeded. even when my tin cans were upgraded with sand bags and i was using smoke, those at squads with p.shreks hit like sniper, and that's even not vet squads.

I request to either reduce p.shreks' range and accuracy, or atleast make shermans' sandbad upgrades and smoke screen more effective.

2. Like, panzershreks, Panzerwerfer rockets, for their size and historical account of being not accurate, fully contradicts in bk, apart from historical accuracy it's a balance issue after all, there is NO counter to it if US armour doc chosen untill calliope arrives, and calliope hit like shit.

Tonedown panzerwerfers' accuracy and damage. range is acceptable though.

3.Placeable HE shot ability on all tanks
both allies and axis, why this abilty even exists? always fails. trust me all these time i played bk mod, pershings' only defence against inf didn't work properly for me atleast once. it only eat up munitions. once placed usually it misses the target (all tanks) especially when using on rough terrain. it only worked for me on open clear terrain. in rough terrain only a crater appears and the "high explosion" that meant to kill inf was nowhere to be seen and at squads easily blow up tanks without losing single guy.

I think the accuracy of placable HE shot abilty should be increased to make is fail proof and to be worth the munitions spent on it.

apart from 3 rd issue, axis players usually make at quads and squads with shrek upgrade, a mg42, and nebelwerfers and panzerwerfers ,that's all they need. they already won the match.

1. We had lots of topics about it. The hendheld AT´s have great range, accuracy and have no real aim time. They are a lot more accuracy at longer ranges than rifles. I couldnt find the reasons why schrecks hitting so much better than zooks.

However ive been (and others) very often asking for changes on hendheld AT´s. Like reducing their range from 45 atm down to 30 or 35. Changes on their accuracy. All in all they should be more usefull for ambush use.

In case of schrecks simply everything comes together: Accuracy, Range, Damage, general higher survivability of axis soldiers/bad long range performence of allied small arms weapons.

Esspecially later, when every squad has has schrecks and vets it becomes pretty crazy quickly.

But Generally speaking for all hendheld ATs: Do change the accuracy and ranges of them.

2. You can try HE shermans. But make sure you start turning the tank in the right direction and that you start driving backward early enough. Otherwise those will hit you before your sherman could aim with his gun.

3.Yeah... they are usless. Usually i dont even upgrade my tanks with HE rounds anymore (only those with perma or duration HE rounds). It cost 25 to upgrade and then 25-35 to make a shot which in 90% of all cases hits the dirt. Absolutely not worth to spend the ammo for that

@Tiger: We dropped the cost of US AT squad by 30 MP because they do have lower pen and damage and accuracy. So its not fine that axis shoot reload heavy schreck 5 seconds faster than US reloads zook or something.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

These kinds of posts really need to stop... not just you Aaahuh, but in general. It has only been a few weeks since the last patch, not even a month. And practically every other day a post titled something along the lines of "changes for the mod" show up.

1. The accuracy for the shrek on sniper was just bad luck. The game is about RNG. Try to do that consistently, I can guarantee that you cannot counter a sniper with a shrek squad.

2. You're right, there isn't an EASY counter to panzerwerfers if US doc is chosen. But, since this mod is balanced for teamplay, hopefully you've coordinated with a teammate to not ALL go armor doc. As mentioned earlier, this game and its combat system is about RNG. In a game of probability you need to learn how to hedge against bad luck. Diversify. I'm a finance major, but it shuoldn't take a finance major to realize this.

But, here are some more difficult but doable counters to panzerwerfers/walking stukas as armor doc:
a. Over repair
b. Spread out (play on big maps. it makes this easier)
c. Diversion + Tank destroyers (like M10's and Hellcats, even AT squads) to ride through and bust them. Maybe use smoke or live bait to draw AT fire away from your tank destroyers, activate flank speed and hunt the fuckers down.

3. You're right, they do always fail. I never use them except on short barreled p4's and shermans. But, I'd rather these tanks fail their HE shots, otherwise they'd have HE potential AND AT potential. Rather than being tools of destruction, a given capability to be applied in certain situations, you'd have a "queen piece" to put into terms of chess. Do you really want a game where all pieces are queens? Where is the tactical/strategic element then?

Speaking of queen pieces: anyone know counters to the goddamn Panthers? I've got some balancing beef with them, but maybe it's me not them. My most effective move agianst them is an m10/hellcat ambush gambit and pray the Panther doesn't send scouts up first.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

As far as failing HE shots go... It is a long standing problem :-\. I have a feeling that someone said that some tanks worked fine but most bugged... Is that true? Is there some tank that has working HE shot ability (not HE mode)?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I think from my extremely limited experience it works okay with jadgtiger? I've used it a few times and it worked pretty well.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

MarKr wrote:As far as failing HE shots go... It is a long standing problem :-\. I have a feeling that someone said that some tanks worked fine but most bugged... Is that true? Is there some tank that has working HE shot ability (not HE mode)?

I think I knew why it was, it was some attribute in weapon behaviour iirc. Worked on tiger and hellcat?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

As far as I have used it on the Tiger, it worked mostly fine.. yes! But still not always for sure... Regarding the JT; I have honestly never seen it working well.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Old Pershing ace was very precise with HE shots.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Wolf wrote:
MarKr wrote:As far as failing HE shots go... It is a long standing problem :-\. I have a feeling that someone said that some tanks worked fine but most bugged... Is that true? Is there some tank that has working HE shot ability (not HE mode)?

I think I knew why it was, it was some attribute in weapon behaviour iirc. Worked on tiger and hellcat?

Iirc, the "accuracy" of the HE shot was somehow increased in an older version (old dev team), then th HE round hit nearly 100% of time, wiping out entire squads. Therefore it got decreased again and is now like it is. (I am really not sure about this, maybe someone could verify? I feel like I would remember it)

Well, but I like the HE shot. Although it doesn't hit that often, it's still cool to have the option to use it.

Regarding Panzerschrecks... Well I guess it's the 100th topic made about them. Atm the only real big balance issue in my eyes.

Aaahuh

Post by Aaahuh »

Ok, apologies for labeling this "for 4.9.4"

and if it's not possible to retouch infantry AT, atleast reconsider their "heat seeking" properties atleast (both axis and allies) :) if you know what i mean.

and yeas, i meant both nebels and maultier rockets.

and for the queen piece talk, yes we don't want all units being queen pieces, but a single squad destroying a super pershing in 3 shots is ridiculous, atleast increase the accuracy and reduce recharge time, so atleast they have to come with 3 or more squads to counter tanks.
people run around with a few shrek squads and fallshirms and easy winning matches.