Grenadiers HHL3

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

Do you use Grenadiers HHL3?

Yes, often.
8%
No, no almost never.
92%

Total votes: 13

Wolf
Administrator

Grenadiers HHL3

Post by Wolf »

Do you use grenadiers HHL3? Just a simple poll.

V13dweller

Re: Grenadiers HHL3

Post by V13dweller »

No doubt they are extremely effective, but sadly, Grenadiers are never really used, plus never get a chance to use them.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Before doing a mega price drop rather consider the cost of some elite forces.

Personally i use many Volks in early till mid game as those have MP´s and also lmg34 which makes them powerfull in every situation and they allow me already to take on Rangers and early commandos. Just much cheaper. Later i go for Stormtooper. Why using grens when Stormtrooper are much better just for the same cost which also have flexible retreat, build and heal station and later vet 1 by default? Wouldnt make sense unless you go straight for Panthers instead Tank IV/Tiger+Stormooper. I see player using it when they dont unlock stormtooper but thats it.

The Grens are pretty strong and i wouldnt drop cost below 400/33. If they would have MP40 they would be probably the best regular infantry unit in game and better than Rangers and commandos. On distant they kill everything already (esspecially with lmg42).

Fix that elite unit cost/reinforcment cost problem and 2/3 of the job to fix grens is done!
Build more AA Walderschmidt

QWERTYAndreas

Post by QWERTYAndreas »

Warhawks97 wrote:Before doing a mega price drop rather consider the cost of some elite forces.

Personally i use many Volks in early till mid game as those have MP´s and also lmg34 which makes them powerfull in every situation and they allow me already to take on Rangers and early commandos. Just much cheaper. Later i go for Stormtooper. Why using grens when Stormtrooper are much better just for the same cost which also have flexible retreat, build and heal station and later vet 1 by default? Wouldnt make sense unless you go straight for Panthers instead Tank IV/Tiger+Stormooper. I see player using it when they dont unlock stormtooper but thats it.

The Grens are pretty strong and i wouldnt drop cost below 400/33. If they would have MP40 they would be probably the best regular infantry unit in game and better than Rangers and commandos. On distant they kill everything already (esspecially with lmg42).

Fix that elite unit cost/reinforcment cost problem and 2/3 of the job to fix grens is done!

I think we all have heard that.

I would say i dont use it very often. It is very, very situational. If the tank is damaged, or you can do it quickly while the enemy figths another place - go for it!
Otherwise its not really usefull.

BffWithDEATH

Post by BffWithDEATH »

If i play Terror doctrine, Grenadiers are my bread and butter they should be a little cheaper though.
As Warhawks said they are cheaper than Stormtroopers which i would argue are the best infantry in the entire game
( they are even cheaper than Luft/Gebirgs/SAS/Rifle-Sections/Commandos/Ranger Infiltration/101st/82nd/KCH with 3x the flexibility and the best stealth assaults in game )
Embrace Your Dreams

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

BffWithDEATH wrote:As Warhawks said they are cheaper than Stormtroopers which i would argue are the best infantry in the entire game
( they are even cheaper than Luft/Gebirgs/SAS/Rifle-Sections/Commandos/Ranger Infiltration/101st/82nd/KCH with 3x the flexibility and the best stealth assaults in game )

You mean stormtooper are slightly cheaper to build in special stormtooper HT and with same reinforce cost than Grens but one of the best inf in game?

I dont understand it otherwise^^
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Yummy

Post by Yummy »

It's nearly impossible to use it, otherwise I would gladly pay 50ammo for it. Once grenadiers get in range they should stick the bomb instantly like the USA sticky bombs.

Furthermore, their price is too high compared to elite units, as warhawks said it's funny stormtroopers cost 400, but grenadiers 430. They should not get MP40 upgrade, that's for volksgrenadiers and terror doctrine maybe, because terror tactics were used in urban fights only. Regular german squads (grenadiers) had 1 squad leader with sub-machinegun (M40), 2 men on an MG, and the rest 6-7 with rifles.

BffWithDEATH

Post by BffWithDEATH »

Warhawks97 wrote:
BffWithDEATH wrote:As Warhawks said they are cheaper than Stormtroopers which i would argue are the best infantry in the entire game

You mean stormtooper are slightly cheaper to build in special stormtooper HT and with same reinforce cost than Grens but one of the best inf in game?

I dont understand it otherwise^^

Ahh yeah, sorry quite tired.
I worded that wrong I intended to say that the Stormtroopers are cheaper.
But i worded it as if the Grenadiers were cheapers *facepalm*
Embrace Your Dreams