PE Mortarcar

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Zetsuboon

PE Mortarcar

Post by Zetsuboon »

I think that this mortar is really OP cause of his fire grenade.. I played in a 1 v 1 with a friend and build this mortar and he stand no chance against it (he played as brit) 1 fire grenade and his mortar was down and this happens to every emplacement I mean thats not quite the problem it would be ok but the area that stands in flames is way to big

So I ask here if a nerf of that would be possible (the price u have to pay for it isnt really expensive)

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: PE Mortarcar

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

lol....

Zetsuboon

Post by Zetsuboon »

Bring some contras instead of "lol"

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Its just nonsense topic man, mortar truck op, seriously? Yes, brits have problem with it because they dont have mobile mortar, but thats a special thing about faction, not op unit.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

This mortar HT might be a bit annoying sometimes.. but I can't call it OP anyhow... There are a lot of possible means to kill it!

Zetsuboon

Post by Zetsuboon »

Tiger1996 wrote:This mortar HT might be a bit annoying sometimes.. but I can't call it OP anyhow... There are a lot of possible means to kill it!

yeye I understand that its not about the mortar itself its more about the fire grenade (and I dont want it to be removed just a little nerf cause its something special for pe) If its possible to make the area that stands in flames after u shot that grenade a little smaller? I think the price is ok and the cooldown too just the are that stands ablaze is too big I think but u can give me contras so I may change my thinking (and pls no "lol" that doesnt really help)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Even if we decreased the flame area, how would it help? I mean it would definately remain big enough to burn out emplacement crews. Lowering the area would make sense in case that it could hit two emplacements at once but, to be honest, if a player builds two emplacements/emplacement + trench so close to each other that one fire mortar shot hits both then the player kind of prepairs for his opponent a sweet spot for fire mortar/arty barrage/airstrike.

So what exactely would the AoE reduction solve?

Zetsuboon

Post by Zetsuboon »

Nah thats not what I meant its just like you can shot this grenade in front of an emplacement so u dont have to drive to close to the enemys units for example and its still killing everyone there
And after a hit my friend couldnt even retreat with his inf because of the flames in this big area

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

It's not about the fire, it's about the mobility. Of course it's much easier to clear out mortar pit with mobile mortar than other way around, since you can move the truck under fire, while you can't move the pit obviously.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Guys, he asked for a counter like 3 times and everyone is just giving him shit about it not being OP.

The biggest problem is that the mortar comes really really early for brits to do anything to stop it. The most common counter I've seen is to preemptively build a mortar pit and keep an LT close to barrage it first. To make it more effective, you can supercharge round the mortar, which will help you in the moment as well as long term.
If you don't want to commit to arty doc, I suggest while the enemy focuses on mortaring you, you do something else. A mortar ht is a heavy buy in for axis. If they elected to get an early mortar over AT, you can get a recce and really hurt everything around the mortar. If they have AT and make a mortar, I'd still suggest an aggressive game because your inf should be stronger than their inf, and an AT won't stop your inf from closing in. Once you've closed in, a bren + button + any brit AT should at least push the mortar back.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

kwok wrote:Guys, he asked for a counter like 3 times and everyone is just giving him shit about it not being OP.

The biggest problem is that the mortar comes really really early for brits to do anything to stop it. The most common counter I've seen is to preemptively build a mortar pit and keep an LT close to barrage it first. To make it more effective, you can supercharge round the mortar, which will help you in the moment as well as long term.
If you don't want to commit to arty doc, I suggest while the enemy focuses on mortaring you, you do something else. A mortar ht is a heavy buy in for axis. If they elected to get an early mortar over AT, you can get a recce and really hurt everything around the mortar. If they have AT and make a mortar, I'd still suggest an aggressive game because your inf should be stronger than their inf, and an AT won't stop your inf from closing in. Once you've closed in, a bren + button + any brit AT should at least push the mortar back.

It might be still hard. I played PE quite often (also vs brits) and scout car+schwimm+grens+50 mm pak is quite easy to get. Then a Mortar HT and you are well suited against most early CW assault attempts. Along with G43 sniper and 28 mm AT as mobile AT its a very decent set up to repell most CW attempts. I mean i played vs two CW players (including shadow) and kept able to hold the line very well.

Thats aside.

What about Incendiary round would require Logistic company upgrade if its really that strong vs CW in early stage. Its an option, not saying i see a really urgent need to do that.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yeah, I agree about how it's still difficult to fight back the mortar car. It works but the amount of skill + micro required to make it work is just ridiculously greater than evading that counter.

To be honest, if I were to make a change I'd say to just put all mortar halftracks up one tier. The reason is mainly because of how much it dominates the stage of the game it can and normally comes out on. It has basically become a crutch and even a center piece for so many people in their games rather than a supporting unit as I imagine it was intended. But the HELL that would raise if something like that was ever made a more serious topic....
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

PE early Tiers are pretty good. It needs two buildings and PE has, medium pak, mortar HT, mobile MG42 vehicle, mobile AT (28 and 37 mm), HMG, Heavy assault grens, AT squads. No other faction has access to so much so early.

But what you mean with one higher tier? Need of this 150 MP/10 fuel building called training ground? Or even the Logistic upgrade?

I would make it like that:

Heavy assault gren squad would require the training ground, AT squad the training ground instead of logistic company and Mortar Incenidary round the logistic company upgrade.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yeah, so PE mortar car needs something like logistics upgrade, wermacht needs 3rd phase, usa needs motor pool upgrade. Moves the mortar car to come out in a later time where they don't control the game but rather supplement a force.

But I would probably only say this for small map games. When I get around to larger maps, their control is negated because they're much easier to dodge, easier to sneak up on, and really expensive to buy unless needed for a specific purpose, like if I knew my opponent was camping.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Thats true. At the one hand mortar HT´s are effective in earlier stage, but later they are hard to use, at least for offense. Later there is simply too much to controle, too much arty and mortar HT´s very quickly sneaked with schrecks and zooks. So why in earlier stage the mortars are quite cost effective, they are later very hard to use for offense. It needs perfect reconassaince to see threats early enough and lots of micro. In fact they dont really scratch defenses anymore and stay usually back supporting the defense.

Thats why i asked having mortars a way cheaper.

But now what about reducing Mortar HT´s cost but delaying their deployment? Talking generally of Mortar HT´s. They then wouldnt be so badass in early, but cheap enough to be used in the later stages of the game. Most of the time mortars are only so long used as they keep alive but they are rarely rebuild because arty has taken over its part at that time.