Production upgrades US/PE/WE

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Production upgrades US/PE/WE

Post by Warhawks97 »

We had this discussion about the PE upgrades.

I was thinking about how to improve them all. How to make them very faction special, more dynamic and logically.

So here i go.

PE:
Currently we have one 75 fuel upgrade for PE that upgrades both buildingd, TH and support command. It boosts production speed and unlocks the units in the TH command. The prob is that you if you only need the upgrade of one building you still pay for both.

So i thought to divide the cost and creating two upgrades.

The TH command upgrade would cost 50 fuel and unlocks Jagdpanther, Nashorn and maybe even the IV/70. Also production speed increased by 25%.
The support command would get a 25 or 35 fuel upgrade that boosts production of the building. IF in future tanks like Panther G´s would be added the cost of that upgrade could be adjusted again.

So it improves the PE game dynamic but also the ressource managment.

WE:
The Wehrmacht upgrade in the heavy tank factory which cost 75 fuel would stay as it is or it would also boost the production speed of this building by 25%.

US:

The endless discussion with tiger: What is better: KT or SP. He always is complaining that the SP comes too early. Earlier as it should and i can agree with that to a certain extent and would also like a change in US armor doc. Away from "early quality aka SP" focusing generally more on other tanks. But also for inf and AB doc tanks should be a way more appealing since all other factions and doctrines using tanks in late game. Like firefly used by RAF players, hetzers and panthers in luft doc and beuteshermans and nashorn and hetzer in SE doc.

So ive been thinking about changing and adding upgrades which focus on long term use and the current quantitiv gameplay.

Currently US Tank depot has one upgrade that cost 35 fuel and which boosts production by 25% (and unlocking HEAT for M10. And Jackson?). Armor doc has another 60 fuel upgrade that unlocks only pershings. I wanna suggest a change.

- The 35 fuel upgrade will be changed as in changelog, reducing cost of some US vehicles.
- The 60 fuel upgrade would not unlcck the Pershing. Instead it would provide HVAP (and maybe HE rounds) to all Tanks that come out of the factory or from off the map (armor doc war machinery). If 60 fuel is too low then ammo/mp/fuel cost could be added. The principle would simply be the same of the sandbags. One expensive upgrade which becomes cost effective when tanks are used in numbers. If not then the player would go cheaper by upgrading each tank manually. But when playing US tanks in quantity you might run out of ammo quickly just by upgrading tanks with special rounds (and partly activation). The upgrade would underline the way US is supposed to be player by making US tanks generally more appealing. For a quantity faction fix cost make more sense as variable cost. For a quality faction the variable cost. Thats the idea behind it and sandbags already work that way.
- Add a final fuel upgrade of 35-40 fuel that unlocks Pershings and SP. Since US is not that much supposed to focus so much on these tanks they could deserve a delay showing that this tanks are late game tanks playing more a supportive role on US side. This upgrade would require the second one that provides the ammo to the tanks.
Build more AA Walderschmidt