Why are SAS so weak?

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
ShadowIchigo

Why are SAS so weak?

Post by ShadowIchigo »

After seeing this all over forums from different players conplaining or mentioning that sas are very weak and way too expensive in their cost/reinforcement in regards to their combat value, why have the devs not responded better to this issue? Sure they got 50 mp price reduction, but this only provided a minuscule benefit, especially in regards of what else can be done. Even with vet 3 they are shitty, and it takes hellah long just to even get to vet 2. Im just curious. This is post mainly to devs, just wanted to know why if thats ok. Maybe yous have miss read or overlooked the posts about this issue at hand?

kwok
Team Member

Re: Why are SAS so weak?

Post by kwok »

Cuz you suck with them.

Nah jk. I think they're about utility rather than strength, I like them for the bazookas and regular grenades really, which is a LOT as it sort of gives back the shortcomings of Brits/RAF in general.
But I definitely agree that even though they have those tools, they are too expensive and far up the CP tree for me to use often. I think the devs are trying to balance things as slowly as they can; too much change will create too many variables to keep track of in terms of balance. Maybe we'll see more improvements over time. I hope so, because they're fun as fuck as long as I have the lead and can afford to keep them up. They're like the fucking Batmans of BK with all their utility.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

kwok wrote:Cuz you suck with them.

Nah jk. I think they're about utility rather than strength, I like them for the bazookas and regular grenades really, which is a LOT as it sort of gives back the shortcomings of Brits/RAF in general.
But I definitely agree that even though they have those tools, they are too expensive and far up the CP tree for me to use often. I think the devs are trying to balance things as slowly as they can; too much change will create too many variables to keep track of in terms of balance. Maybe we'll see more improvements over time. I hope so, because they're fun as fuck as long as I have the lead and can afford to keep them up. They're like the fucking Batmans of BK with all their utility.

haha no i totally agree on ur statement about keeping up with too many variables. That is all of an answer or response i would appreciate to hear though. just a simple reason as to why, you know? it just boggles my mind, so i was driven to make a post about it.

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

ShadowIchigo wrote:sas are very weak and way too expensive in their cost/reinforcement in regards to their combat value

Said no player ever after all upgrades in command tree. I don't care, when my enemy is running on the field with commandos, but when I see SAS running there I shit myself, like when I see KT :D
Problem is unskilled complayning players rush for SAS and with 0 vet are they fucking overprized.
But I agree.... when jaegers cost now 550MP, SAS can have price decrease by 50 too.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Had a game with RAF two days ago.

SAS was not able to kill a Storm squad at close range, mid range nor long range. SAS was not able to kill a puma although they have two zookas with M6A3C.
SAS failed to hit a tank standing 5 meters away...with BOTH zookas.
And it's not like this would be something extraordinary. This happens always. Atm they are one of the most expensive units in the game, yet they perform like some retards that were pushed out of the plane to be cannon fodder.

When I see that the enemy has SAS I laugh and I'm glad that he wasted so much MP on them. And they I kill them with my vet 1 volks with lmg.

Atm I'd say that SAS is the most underperforming unit on whole BK.

Maybe they are good with vet 3+, but how are you supposed to get there when they can't hit shit?

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Absolutely agree with keks, personally I use Sas only for disabling points + sometimes picking their zooks with sten commando.

Last time I faced them when was playin bk, vet. 1 Sas sprinted close to my vet. 2 storms squad, activated smoke after that...... Storms rushed into their own smoke and killed them all loosing 2 men only. In other time an entire Sas team was whipped out by SE 4 men sabotage squad which jumped out of the building right in front of them. LOL

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I don't undestand this... I can clearly remember that back in times when KCH were still in game, people kept complaining how stupidly OP KCH were. Several people mentioned there that SAS squad is often deadlier than KCH and nobody asks for their nerf - this was used as an argument by several people.

Also how do you use SAS? They are dropped with Thompsons and two pickable Zookas and two Brens. If you pick all those weapons you suddenly loose 4 thompsons so sure that their effectivity at close range drops...

I think they're about utility rather than strength, I like them for the bazookas and regular grenades really, which is a LOT as it sort of gives back the shortcomings of Brits/RAF in general.
This. Anyway don't tell me that when you use them right they are not a pain in the ass for your opponent.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

In late game i fear commandos using sten and enfield a lot more than these sas. Only unexperienced RAF players use them and beating SAS is much easier than any other CW/RAF unit.

I think the weapons do not fit very well together just like sten commando with lmgs. So many SAS players do not pick the lmgs but then those are laying arround and maybe captured by the enemie.

So they are 7 men. When picking up all weapons then they have 1 sniper (?), 2 lmgs, 2 zooks and 3 or only two thompson. Its a silly combo making them bad for only ranged fights and bad for close range.

Idk... maybe they have enfields+weapon drop+sniper..... maybe only Thompson and one sniper and then lmgs not in package but as 0 amm upgrade..... i think here is the main problem.

But that thing with sniper in squad is quite silly i think. The 101st HQ squad for example has a sniper for ranged fight and then only 4 thompson and 1 zook. The SS can become a crazy deadly ranged unit with up to 3 lmgs and sniper+k98/unscoped G43.

What i want to say is, that for SAS the weapon loadout might be a problem. But when dropping them behind lines and not picking up the lmgs then those can be picked by enemies.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

They don't have sniper....

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

MarKr wrote:I don't undestand this... I can clearly remember that back in times when KCH were still in game, people kept complaining how stupidly OP KCH were. Several people mentioned there that SAS squad is often deadlier than KCH and nobody asks for their nerf - this was used as an argument by several people.

wad? Not that I wouldn't believe you, I really just can't remember that anyone ever said that SAS were OP^^
I'm not quite sure abouth this one, but I think they were nerfed some patches ago.

Regarding the use:

Well...
I try to get close to an enemy in order to shred him with Thompsons - they get killed instantly by Storms/Panzergrens/ Stg44 in general.
I try to remain distant in order to kill the enemy with Brens - they get killed by Kar98/G43/Stg44.
I try to kill tanks with them - zookas fail to hit anything in 99% of shots. I know that zookas are shit, but they seem to be even worse when SAS is holding them.

I'd say the problem is that now all Panzergrens can be equipped with STG44. Before you could at least kill BK doc Panzergrens and Def doc Panzergrens with SAS. Now not anymore. Storms seem to gain vet way faster than SAS, and they are also way more deadly.

kwok wrote:They're like the fucking Batmans of BK with all their utility.

Idk man...
Bazookas don't hit anything - zookas useless.
Charges need to be planted, in that time SAS can't shoot - instakill
I can't check the values now (I'm at work), but I think they also have less HP than other elite inf.
They are 100MP more expensive than reg5, but I would always prefer Reg5 over SAS.

They have many functions, yes, but most of them can never be used. Sabotage of Ress points maybe, but then you pay 650 MP to drop them behind enemy lines, and one Storm squad can wipe them out instantly. Therefore I also don't use them for that.

6thAirborneDivision

Post by 6thAirborneDivision »

If you don't wanna fix the MP cost or the weapon layout which is problematic, please ensure at least that the zooka accuracy will be increased.

Btw. why is there even a discussion going on about if the SAS squad is really weak?? I mean even a BK beginner instantly notices that they underperform, especially compared to Reg5 or Gebirgsjäger or even Sturms ... It ain't hard to see.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

6thAirborneDivision wrote:If you don't wanna fix the MP cost or the weapon layout which is problematic, please ensure at least that the zooka accuracy will be increased.

Btw. why is there even a discussion going on about if the SAS squad is really weak?? I mean even a BK beginner instantly notices that they underperform, especially compared to Reg5 or Gebirgsjäger or even Sturms ... It ain't hard to see.

Grens with stgs also shreds them pretty well. In a ranged combat you have also very good chances when using Volks with K98 and lmg. Put an officer maybe behind and you shred two SAS squads before they can get close enough when the vision is clear.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

SteamID_razelazz

Post by SteamID_razelazz »

I've only had 1 game where I went up against a SAS squad. That SAS squad was lucky as fuck, probably had an Irish somewhere in the model ranks. Always managed to escape with with a single model that possessed a mere sliver of HP left.

With all that said, I don't know SAS very well, and I didn't even know they could be fairly weak by some standards.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

6thAirborneDivision wrote:If you don't wanna fix the MP cost or the weapon layout which is problematic, please ensure at least that the zooka accuracy will be increased.

They honestly became even more useless with the vet reduction after upgrades. They are Very very hard to vet up, i never noticed a unit that requires so much xp to vet it took like about 30 kills or more to reach vet 2.

Also, the answer to your why is that i bring this up because i am baffled to such an expensive unit being quite useless. So i want to bring to to the attention to the devs with the help of the community, which i thabk you all once again.

@kwok and keks

Keks stated my point kwok. The utilities are great.. but wait... theres only really two different utilities id say; grenades and sabotage.with that in mind, and what keks said about hp values you think it would be wise to waste 650 mp on a unit behind enemy lines? Considering that they can easily be shredded without a good chance of them making it back..

6thAirborneDivision

Post by 6thAirborneDivision »

ShadowIchigo wrote:Also, the answer to your why is that i bring this up because i am baffled to such an expensive unit being quite useless. So i want to bring to to the attention to the devs with the help of the community, which i thabk you all once again.

It was not really meant as a statement against your thread but rather to point out how unbelievable it is that this issue has to be discussed within the community instead of just fixing that BS somehow :D It is quite obvious for everyone, something has to be done ... So thank you Shadow for your effort! I hope DEV's will soon perceive the fact that SAS are massively underperforming especially when compared to axis paratroopers ...

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

6thAirborneDivision wrote:
ShadowIchigo wrote:Also, the answer to your why is that i bring this up because i am baffled to such an expensive unit being quite useless. So i want to bring to to the attention to the devs with the help of the community, which i thabk you all once again.

It was not really meant as a statement against your thread but rather to point out how unbelievable it is that this issue has to be discussed within the community instead of just fixing that BS somehow :D It is quite obvious for everyone, something has to be done ... So thank you Shadow for your effort! I hope DEV's will soon perceive the fact that SAS are massively underperforming especially when compared to axis paratroopers ...

And thankyou 6th