RAF Commando AT Squad

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
ShadowIchigo

RAF Commando AT Squad

Post by ShadowIchigo »

I know the recent patch changelog says that all at boys will get proce reduction, and maybe u also did proce reduction for commando at boys aince they are in tier 2 glider, but wouldnt it make more sense to just switch them with commando piats and make the poats tier 2 insead? I highly favor this. And it would make a lot more sense earlier and mid games. A big reason i also favor this is bc brits do not have sufficient at inf. Piats have benefit of shooting over obstacles, which is great, but the trade off is they are highly inaccurate, until given high vet, and can be easily dodged mainly with faster armor units. Oh and why is it that commando at units count as at boys pop limit. If i have regular at boys, 2 of them, i cant produce commandos at boys and vice versa. Can this be fixed? I didnt put this in bug thread bc it seems to fit here more, plus i am not sure of this was intentional or bug related

Edit

Sometimes regular at boys screws commando at boys production limit altogether
Last edited by ShadowIchigo on 15 Aug 2015, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowIchigo

Re: RAF Commando AT Squad

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Bump

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I've never seen how somebody produced AT rifle commando, they just come too late.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Yea exactly why they shud be switched with piats. They can still be somewhat useful though lategame, but it really depends on rare situations

6thAirborneDivision

Post by 6thAirborneDivision »

Yeah says it all. Kinda sad that this fix never happened in recent years :D Commando Boys AT is one of the most useless units in BK ...

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Hm dunno. Of course it wold make more sense to first have the AT Boy. But actually I prefer to have the PIATS first, because then I don't need to build the "normal" ones.

And before talking about moving him we should talk about Boys AT performance in generell^^

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Did you know in corsix it says that if your name is kwok, then your chance of hitting anything with at boys is 0%? Meanwhile the chance of getting hit by at boys is 100%?

Joking aside, I never found at boys reliable at all and normally depend on a teammates' 37mm and rush up to the 6pdr. Meanwhile, at boys is a fairly ineffective deterrent for my soft cars. When I play as PE or just use a lot of vehicles I normally dive in despite at boys because I know I can take a hit or two before I feel like I'm in any real danger. Even if there are two at boys I almost can always count on one of them missing.

I like the idea of bumping commando boys down a tier so volume of fire can make up for it's inconsistent accuracy. Or even warhawks with adding an extra man to the squad. I don't think it's very balance breaking because at boys very very quickly become obsolete even if there are cars still on the field. British lack early game and giving them power only makes them competitive vs play styles like PE normally plays rather than breaks balance. It's not like British will become dominant over pe because pe can choose inf instead of cars. It is and has always been the case that British reacting and adapting to pe play style. It will remain this case even if at boys get a buff. This is because British production limited by single trucks. British players have the disadvantage of choosing one unit at a time.

I think shadow is the most effective British player I know. I know him as a teammate, which makes him even more terrifying when I have to face him. If shadow is on the other team, I focus on shutting him down not necessarily because he is the best player but because he is a dangerous team player. But if I were to go toe to toe with him in a 1v1, even in a team setting where there are "sides" players basically 1v1 on, I know I can shut him down every time not because he is bad in 1v1's but because Brits have a terrible 1v1 early game. This game isn't balanced for 1v1's I know, but the fact that all factions have the flexibility to have different openings while Brits only have one? And it's not even an effective one? Buffing the at boys does more than give Brits effective at for once, but also brings a flexibility for the faction and makes their style less formulaic which I think is good for the community. I can for see already that axis players will think Brits be OP because they just won't be use to Brits being flexible. An adjustment like this would really break down the formulaic style of play that is so popular right now.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

I love you Kwok.

You are so goddamn right.

But really, I love your style of writing. It's always supported with good Arguments, good examples and how the suggestions would affect the gameplay. Plus a high level of speech and decent writing. Always enjoyable to read.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Butterkeks wrote:I love you Kwok.

You are so goddamn right.

But really, I love your style of writing. It's always supported with good Arguments, good examples and how the suggestions would affect the gameplay. Plus a high level of speech and decent writing. Always enjoyable to read.

indeed. I love reading his posts and he is right with everything. It maybe gives brits also a more effective offensive options (esspecially vs mortar HT´s) which they cant counter with own mobile mortar or frontal rush (pias suck as frontal rush weapon).

@kwok: +1

As you said kwok, i suggested adding a forth guy with second Boys AT to the squad. That way the squad could stay longer in combat (usually they must retreat once they get hits). Also would make them really different to paks having their own very specific way of dealing damage to enemies. Also giving it a more realistic touch of how such AT-rifles had been used. Simply massed and concentrated shooting.

Question to devs: Is this a realistic option?
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 19 Aug 2015, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

HAHA thanks for the compliments, glad you enjoy my writing style. Makes up for my shit-talk in game.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

6thAirborneDivision

Butterkeks wrote:And before talking about moving him we should talk about Boys AT performance in generell^^
Haha thats right :mrgreen: So many years past by, so many jokes and memes have been made about Boys AT but still not a single buff. I already abandoned all hope concerning that topic ...

With the lieutenant bonus+sprint+stationary mode ( :mrgreen: ) they seem to perform quite well though. They also seem to get better when in houses?! What freaks me out all the time is when motorcycles or schwimms are getting away with a precious few HP left after a hit ....

Indeed a lovely post Kwok, it captures the problems Brits are facing perfectly! What I liked most is your "CW adaption to PE playing style" theory which is quite applicable I would say.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

6thAirborneDivision wrote:
Butterkeks wrote:And before talking about moving him we should talk about Boys AT performance in generell^^
Haha thats right :mrgreen: So many years past by, so many jokes and memes have been made about Boys AT but still not a single buff. I already abandoned all hope concerning that topic ...

With the lieutenant bonus+sprint+stationary mode ( :mrgreen: ) they seem to perform quite well though. They also seem to get better when in houses?! What freaks me out all the time is when motorcycles or schwimms are getting away with a precious few HP left after a hit ....

Indeed a lovely post Kwok, it captures the problems Brits are facing perfectly! What I liked most is your "CW adaption to PE playing style" theory which is quite applicable I would say.

Check that maybe, last page(s):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=629&view=unread#unread

in early game all have to adapt to PE. Even WH (when WH player is good). As US it helps me a lot to know my enemie. When i know my PE enemies goes for inf and paks then i only spam rifles (3 squads), jeep, engis and sniper, finally vehicles. When i know my enemie is vehicle spammer that attacks with 2-3 scout cars like Wurf then i build double AT gun^^.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

6thAirborneDivision

Warhawks97 wrote:Check that maybe, last page(s):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=629&view=unread#unread

Yeah saw it after the post! Finally we might see Boys AT doing their job right!!

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Kwok, i love you