Allied HMG Effectiveness

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
ShadowIchigo

Allied HMG Effectiveness

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Ugh i dont know if this was brought up before so I'm sorry if it was, and i hate that most of whats going on in the forums has been concerning allies. However, it is i believe it is needed to better balance the mod, esp when the whole quantity (allies, specifically americans) vs quality (axis, all docs) does not really come into play.

So what i suggest is an increase inAllied HMGs. The inf doc mg emplacement is pretty good so i dont think that would need any fixing. When i bring up the whole quality and quantity part, i mean you can have say 4 riflemen trying to attack and flank mg, but they usually get suppressed and instantly died, whereas you can have a single pnzr gren getting suppressed by say a Vickers mg, yet maybe one dies until its able to crawl close enough in front and exactly in fron of mg to throw a grenade (i have had countless games where i saw or had this happen to me, countless!). So why is this? Why are allied mgs so ineffective. Even realistically they were not as bad as they are being portrayed in bk mod. The only sinple reason that comes in the top of my mind as to why it is is maybe bc allied mgs suppress easier? But i dont really see this. Mg4w does good suppression and shreds inf where i never see allied hmgs doing the same. So why after all of the past patches and updates has this not been fixed or brought up i wonder? Please feel free to prove me wrong with evidence. Keyword: evidence. Gameplay experiences are ok, but you must explain how it was that you approached the mg in details not just "this happened to me." Replays would be best though and be brought into more consideration.

Warhawks97

Re: Allied HMG Effectiveness

Post by Warhawks97 »

I personally have problems with the CW HMG´s mainly. I havent played brits that often in the past (but a lot before it went to steam) but still it feels they are worse than the US one. When i pick them up it often feels like having this very old US MG nest from vcoh with original vcoh weapon stats.

The US and AXIS hmgs are balanced i think as the US one cost almost 100 mp less. The reason why axis can overrun allied HMG´s so much easier is because the allied HMG´s are not so effective in killing as axis (but thats intended) but also coz of the nade range which allows axis to take out the MG´s from a much larger distance.

For the CW one i would suggest a buff somehow. It simply feels worse of all but with 300 MP more expensive as US one.

For Axis HMG42 i would suggest a cost drop to 330 MP but a very very slight nerf.... but really a very very slight damage nerf. Currently it really instant whipes even the most expenive allied inf (unless they got high vet and using smoke). In a stream i´ve been watching few days ago a player tried to attack an axis HMG with two 101st AB´s with vet attacking it from two sides (but still in fire arc) but HMG first shred first squad within 2 bursts and then turned to the other side and killing the other 101st that was supposed to throw a nade.

For the cal 50 HMG i would simply like to see improved suppression. It seems it has none at all.

But shadow, did you create that post coz of my single vet 1 storm squad that rushed through two AA tanks and vickers HMG nest losing just two men but damaging or killing one AA tank?

Also you refer to all allied HMG´s or is topic mainly based on your experience with Vickers? Coz with US i feel fine so far for its cost.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Lolol oh man i cant believe i forgot about that... that was ridiculous. I really never approved of crusader getting damage reduction. But no its not bc of that. It was bc of mark's post on 7man brit hmg. Ive alllways had this problem but yea mainly with brit hmg. I still noticed it with american mg tho just not as bad as brit one

50 cal is the inf doc hmg correct? I said that one was ok but the 30 cal one is shit

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I dont belive the Mg42 needs any kind of nerf, becasue it is expensive to get on the field and reinforce take long time for setup and dismantling and dies easy.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Redgaarden wrote:I dont belive the Mg42 needs any kind of nerf, becasue it is expensive to get on the field and reinforce take long time for setup and dismantling and dies easy.

i said with cost drop. Dismantle time and reinforce etc is same of all HMGs i think. The brits is just a bit cheaper but much easier overruned frontally.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Few patches back we added some suppression to both US .30cals and CW Vickers. I wanted to make them both lay as much suppression with one burst as an MG42 - after all these weapons are meant to deny movement to infantry do their primary function should be suppression and then killing. With this idea, MG42 would still suppress faster because it fires its burst faster than other HMGs but one burst from any HMG would be enough to suppress infantry. However in the end it was not implemented that way. Allied HMGs still suppress a bit slower than MG42 because Xali wanted the MG42 to be kinda iconic for Axis in BK so it was kept stronger.

Wolf decided this way, changes were made and this topic has not been brought up again since then. Maybe if he changes his mind some further changes might be done, otherwise it's a no-go :/.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Dam, well thankyou for the response mark