Stugs, Marders, M10´s

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Stugs, Marders, M10´s

Post by Warhawks97 »

When i was just writting in the Wolverine vs Achilles topic antother question raised up.

Can we make the M10 as Tankbuster by default for all docs and the Hellcat as unlock? I have some reasons for that.

1. The Hellcat is better as the M10 in many aspects and due to that Inf and Air doc lack a bit on powerfull Tankbusters for late game.
2. Every PE doc has powerfull long range Tankbusters (Marder III) and as reward for it the Marder II as multi purpose Weapon platform with powerfull long range anti tank weapon with good HE loadout and MG and also short barreld Tank IV´s which can be seen as 75 m sherman counterpart.
3. On WE side there is the Stug as multipurpose Tank in BK and Terror doc which are usefull against enemie armor (shermans) and Marder II in def doc. Also short barreld Tank IV´s that can be seen as sherman (75) counterpart.

That results in the fact that axis can get into an "Tank warfare" (defending and attacking enemie infantry as well as enemie armored forces with own Tanks and SPG´s) without any unlock while all allies docs (except Tank doc) need unlock Tank destroyers first to do that. Those have only shermans (75) and aa tanks which can be used to fight enemie infantry but nothing to deal with enemie armor with own Tanks tankbuster/multipurpose Tanks/SPG´s.

I think for booth sides it should be fair and while axis get multirole tanks and SPG´s (stugs and marder III, short barreld Tank IV) allied get only anti inf Tanks for free and rely on hendheld AT and Paks to deal with enemie armor untill they unlock tankbusters. That limits their offensive capabilties against enemie tanks during that time while axis can engage enemie armor and Tanks with their Marders and stugs without any CP´s required. Thats not my definition of fair.

So something i want to suggest:
US would get m10 Wolverine in all docs for free as counterpart to Marders and Stugs and later Hellcat as unlock.
PE would get stug III´s in all docs in addition to their Marder III´s or Stug III as reward for Marders III´s and replacing the Marder II as reward.
CW could get Achilles for free in all docs but i am not sure if that would make it a bit OP. Maybe those would also get M10 Wolverine as 0 CP unlock tankbuster. At the other side Marders are also 0 CP tankbsuter capable to kill the heaviest allied stuff which wouldnt make Achilles for free unfair. I am not sure about this.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wake

Re: Stugs, Marders, M10´s

Post by Wake »

The truth is the M10 is a piece of shit. It requires an unlock of 2CP to use, costs a lot of resources, has a terrible gun, has the slowest aiming time of any tank, and has terrible armor. It struggles to penetrate panzer 4's and regularly gets destroyed in 1 shot by them.

The Stug was the most produced axis tank of the war, and therefore that should be reflected in the game by being available to all axis docs.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wake wrote:The truth is the M10 is a piece of shit. It requires an unlock of 2CP to use, costs a lot of resources, has a terrible gun, has the slowest aiming time of any tank, and has terrible armor. It struggles to penetrate panzer 4's and regularly gets destroyed in 1 shot by them.

The Stug was the most produced axis tank of the war, and therefore that should be reflected in the game by being available to all axis docs.

Thats true with M10. I tried to use it more often since it got cheaper but i had minor success. Recently switched back to Hellcat whenever possible.

Stug III, yeah, stug IV was just another chassis build in just about 1100 pieces compared to 7k+ stug III´s. ;). So Stug IV should rather be reward for Stug III^^

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

The Marder III has dodgy performance, it bounces on most of it's shot, compared to any other PaK 40, this is the worst of them.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

V13dweller wrote:The Marder III has dodgy performance, it bounces on most of it's shot, compared to any other PaK 40, this is the worst of them.

I use the Marder III mostly from ambush and there i have success even against Jumbos.

The Marder II gun seem to be better than Marder III when not shooting from ambush. Its just my experience but maybe someone can have a look there as well. People prefer also Marder II as those have Powerfull HE loadout and MG.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Okay, so after numerous tests, I have decided that the M10 is one of the worst tanks in the game.

Unless it is camouflaged.

Then it becomes one of the best allied tank destroyers. Once it is in cover and in the special ability to camouflage, it gets incredible bonuses that sometimes let it do 50% damage to a King Tiger and other heavy axis tanks.

But that's it. All of the M10's other abilities and when fighting like a normal tank out of camouflage, the M10 is terrible.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wake wrote:Okay, so after numerous tests, I have decided that the M10 is one of the worst tanks in the game.

Unless it is camouflaged.

Then it becomes one of the best allied tank destroyers. Once it is in cover and in the special ability to camouflage, it gets incredible bonuses that sometimes let it do 50% damage to a King Tiger and other heavy axis tanks.

But that's it. All of the M10's other abilities and when fighting like a normal tank out of camouflage, the M10 is terrible.

In camo it works (just made 4 tank kills) but it needs long to turn the turret so it is often too late or the enemie tank passes already or inf reveals my M10 before it could shoot. Yesterday i just found a very good position where nobody expected an m10^^.

But attack enemie units or as usefull offensive unit it sucks terrible. So as inf or air doc, even when you have tankhunter, you cant go hunting^^.

I also got outranged by a tank IV or at least it looked like that. I am not sure though but when i gave order to attack the tank IV when those already aimed at the M10 the M10 had to drive a few steps forward before it aimed the tank IV. That was weired.

Note also that upkeep is 5 for that stupid thing oO. I had just that single M10 and one sherman and my fuel income dropped to 9 and we had medium point upgraded. So i had two tanks and my income was down and booth together provide to me that what i get with single stug III with 2 upkeep or Marder II with 0 upkeep when playing axis.