Brens unlock for Raf

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

Brens unlock for Raf

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

After Bren unlock sten commando loosing a half of their slots, which i extremly dont like (without this they can pick up lets say 6 Stgs, but when they are equipted with 2 Brens than only 1 more slot remaining). Is it possible to make Brens upgradable for 0 ammo? So player can keep equiping his commando with dropped weapons in a way he like.

Or you are planning thompsons instead brens after patch? Anyways, slots shouldnt dissapear after unlock.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Brens unlock for Raf

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

This unlock anyways should affect the Lees... Not the Sten Commandos, I guess u knew that already!!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:After Bren unlock sten commando loosing a half of their slots, which i extremly dont like (without this they can pick up lets say 6 Stgs, but when they are equipted with 2 Brens than only 1 more slot remaining). Is it possible to make Brens upgradable for 0 ammo? So player can keep equiping his commando with dropped weapons in a way he like.

Or you are planning thompsons instead brens after patch? Anyways, slots shouldnt dissapear after unlock.

Shadow and others want to have bren on Enfield squad anyway and not on sten squad. LMG´s and sub machine guns do nt fit well together. The brens cant fire while moving, but keep on distance and sten are usless.

So i think best would be if enfield squad would have brens and sten just keep with stens or maybe get some thompsons, idk.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Ye, will be good also. But for enfields id also prefer Brens for o ammo after unlock.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Ye, will be good also. But for enfields id also prefer Brens for o ammo after unlock.

The upgrade which gives currently bren to sten squads would instead give brens to enfield squads. Stens would just stay as they are, no lmgs. That was the point and result of an older discussion.

Krieger Blitzer

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Ye, will be good also. But for enfields id also prefer Brens for o ammo after unlock.

Just like the Terror Grens with the MP44s!
As that once this item is unlocked.. it should then instantly add 2 Brens to the Lee inf squads, whom are already limited to only 2 ones...

I mean; there would be no need to upgrade them anymore after the unlock.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Regardless of where it goess tho, it should be an optional upgrade not a forced one. What if einfields perform better? Or what if u wanted to pock up mg42?

Krieger Blitzer

Alright then! The MP44s unlock for the Terror Grens as well should be optional this way...

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

How about giving commando stens some medium range weapon?

At the moment, they have a long range squad (Lee Enfields) and a short range squad (Stens). So every RAF player tries to equip his stens with 6 STG44 in order to get a medium and short range combat squad.
Why not give them an upgrade for a weapon like the BAR (of course not the BAR as the brits didn't use it^^)?

That brings me to the next questions:
Does anyone know
- what weapons the Brits used in WWII
- which programm is used to build models

I'm thinking of teaching myself how to build models in order to give the devs more possiblities regarding adding new units/weapons (I'll make a own topic for that, so hopefully someone who knows it will read it :D)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Butterkeks wrote:- what weapons the Brits used in WWII

British had very little variety of small-arms. After the defeat of France, Commonwealth was the only nation fighting Germany and their land forces were very small. That is why they didn't try out new weapons but started mass production of what they already had, especially with Sten which was build in number of 4 milions! The only other brit weapon I know is De Lisle, which is commando rifle with integrated silencer, but there were only 160 of those built.

Brits also had some weapon from US. I am sure that they used Thompsons, but have no idea about BAR.
Last edited by JimQwilleran on 20 Jul 2015, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Hm maybe they got some weapons from the US in the Lend and Lease Act?

Or were there only tanks and vehicles affected?

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

JimQwilleran wrote:
Butterkeks wrote:- what weapons the Brits used in WWII

British had very little variety of small-arms. After the defeat of France, Commonwealth was the only nation fighting Germany and their land forces were very small. That is why they didn't try out new weapons but started mass production of what they already had, especially with Sten which was build in number of 4 milions! The only other brit weapon I know is De Lisle, which is commando rifle with integrated silencer, but there were only 160 of those built.

Brits also had some weapon from US. I am sure that they used Thompsons, but have no idea about BAR.

They made very good use of thompsons during the war, and yea i auggested the de lisle before in old forum iirc, but like you said, they were not amounted in enough quantities.

@tiger
Was that sarcasm??
Maybe i went a bit too far with having einfields having optional bren upgrade, but definitely not mistaken concerning sten commando sqaud because there is an actual significant reason regarding the squads performance. Like sukin stated, 2 brens firing from long range and 4 stands basically idling, and if used in medium range the stens hardly do any damage. When on the move, the brens cannot be used so you therefore have 4 men out of the 6 being active. As if the other 2, or 4 depending on the situation, are acting as a meatshield

Krieger Blitzer

That wasn't sarcastic my dear.. I just believe that actually this is a good thing; which is adding more flexibility, and so if it's anyhow possible to code... Why not then the same to be done for the Terror Grens MP44s unlock??!! :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:That wasn't sarcastic my dear.. I just believe that actually this is a good thing; which is adding more flexibility, and so if it's anyhow possible to code... Why not then the same to be done for the Terror Grens MP44s unlock??!! :)

idk, but maybe a single lmg takes two weapon slots. Also stgs arent like mgs or mpis. Unlike those stgs can shoot while moving and being good at every distance except distant range so an stg is always pretty effective unlike sub machine guns which are very specific for close combat only.

But anyway, if you want to suggest to remove the stg by default upgrade for terror doc, feel free to do so.

As for commandos, i also dont mind either they get lmgs automatically after upgrade or having them only as upgrade available after unlock. In both cases (stg for terror and lmgs for commandos) they could have the upgrades for free after the tect tree unlock. That way you would get maximum flexibility.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Tiger1996 wrote:That wasn't sarcastic my dear.. I just believe that actually this is a good thing; which is adding more flexibility, and so if it's anyhow possible to code... Why not then the same to be done for the Terror Grens MP44s unlock??!! :)

Oh ok hahah mybad, for a moment i thought it was your way of saying its a bad idea. But yea i agree with the stgs flexibility too, but who wouldnt want stgs for their troops, ill take stgs over anything honestly hahah.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

You would rather have 1 Stg instead of 1 Bar?

Just asking not implying.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Redgaarden wrote:You would rather have 1 Stg instead of 1 Bar?

Just asking not implying.

haha, at anytime.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Because MP44 is best weapon in game, and that alies always running arround battlefield trying to pick up droped enemie's weapons, not axis.

Krieger Blitzer

Well, if the MP44 was excellent in real life... It shall be then perfect in this game too! Same with the MG42; both are included onto the iconic categories.. I think.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

Tiger1996 wrote:Well, if the MP44 was excellent in real life... It shall be then perfect in this game too! Same with the MG42; both are included onto the iconic categories I think.

In real life it was very rare weapon too. Despite that in game it used by almost every common axis infantry squads.

Krieger Blitzer

Hmm.. according to this same logic we would then probably say that the SP is actually performing very well in the game, although it never even participated in the ww2... Or maybe it did; but more than the MP44s I wonder?? ^^

Weapons performance does have absolutely nothing to do with their quantity!!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:In real life it was very rare weapon too. Despite that in game it used by almost every common axis infantry squads.

and they are in game. Still the biggest advantage of Mg42 was they quick barrel change and fast+cheap production and that an lmg could be quickly turned into HMG when being put on tripod and HMG´s quickly turned into lmg. That was what made the mg42 so excellent and being the first modern mg of which all nowday lmgs are based on. The M1919A6 was the first attempt to get a similiar thing but production of A6 (with bipod) ran at 43k pieces (and like 400k A4 with tripod) compared to like 300-500 k LMG42 and like 350k MG34.

The rof wasnt such a great advantage as it lowerd accuracy by increasing ammo waste. All infantry MG´s till nowdays have between 600-900 rounds and thus more equal to lmg34. Even the remake of 42 has only 1200 rounds per min (lmg 42 had 1580). So the rof wasnt MG42´s advantage (in air combats rof is more important as it is essential to fire as many bullets as possible in the short momentum the enemie aircraft is in the crosshair and here brits also had over 1000 round per min mgs). The advantage of Mg42 was the revolutionary design and cheap and fast production.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

Tiger1996 wrote:Hmm.. according to this same logic we would then probably say that the SP is actually performing very well in the game, although it never even participated in the ww2... Or maybe it did; but more than the MP44s I wonder?? ^^

Indeed, and i am not a big fan of Armor doc which turned to "SP doc".

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Ahh come on guys^^

We all know that this game is quite incorrect in regarding historical correctness ;)

I mean, here are just a few examples:

- Elefant wasn't used on Westfront
- SAS squads did not participate in battles, but more in sabotage behind enemy lines
- SP just a prototype that was never used
- KT's armor: Because of the lack in Molybdenum (makes the steel more flexible) in the german tank industry, the quality of the steel suffered a lot, causing the armor to most likely burst after one hit.
Well this actually apllies to all german heavy tanks build in 1944 or after that^^

Yeah but still it's fun to play so I don't care that much about the incorrectness :D
Balance goes first ;)