Playing on large maps

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
kwok
Team Member

Playing on large maps

Post by kwok »

If you haven't seen my somewhat rant how how maps on the BK mod should be chose, you can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=592&p=5193&hilit=balanced+maps#p5193

TLDR: Big maps are better than small maps.

To illustrate the point, I played a 1v1 with Laxtall (thanks for letting me put the replay up). I know BK isn't balanced for 1v1's so this isn't a PERFECT example on how a large map dynamic works, I definitely feel like the game was a lot more enjoyable and varied than a typical 1v1 and even 2v2 map (which in my opinion is BASICALLY just two 1v1's at the same time on a map). Neither of us played perfect, Laxtall was rusty, but it was still fun for me and hopefully the both of us. It was definitely a LOT better and even more fair compared to our first 1v1 on a smaller map (I forgot which). That game was basically a mortar fight.

I did play a 2v2 with Warhawks on the King of the Hill map, and I thought it was a LOT of fun. I lost the replay though.
Attachments
laxtall on vimo.rec
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Re: Playing on large maps

Post by Warhawks97 »

kwok wrote:I did play a 2v2 with Warhawks on the King of the Hill map, and I thought it was a LOT of fun. I lost the replay though.

I still have it as temp.

Edit: Uploaded. Its not King of the hill, hits hill 192. The map partly seems to be a remake of vcoh king of the hill map.

It was my first time playing 2 vs 2 on a 4 vs 4 map and my second of third game on that map at all. It was a very new experience and feels very different. Esspecially to keep the overview about your own and enmie actions coz moving units takes more time. Flexibility gets a completely new meaning here.
Attachments
8p_hill 192 (8).2015-07-15.01-02-47.rec
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Build more AA Walderschmidt