"exp", vetercany, arty unit visibility

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

"exp", vetercany, arty unit visibility

Post by Warhawks97 »

Long time ago i requested to remove the vetercany icons poping up over units or at least opponents should not be able to see them. Too often the vet icons reveal unit positions to the enemie, making them the next arty target.

But two more things i wanna ask to remove.

1. The green exp numbers poping up over killed units should be removed. It also reveals positions to the enemie when he uses arty. I for example never unlock the last upgrade because that way i can figue either my made killed a sniper or not, my mortar killed something somewhere or not, where to shoot my next arty barrage and so on. If i would unlock last upgrade then i wouldnt see where i killed how much.

2. I think arty units that hit enemie units should NOT become visible. Or units that shoot out of the fog of war should not become visible to the enemie when those get hit. Later games often turn only out into counterarty. One sits arround waiting that enemie arty hits something just to detect this arty and to immediatly doing counterfire which then again gets counterartied and finally the side with more arty units wins.

But also units that get hit should not become visible. Arty at that time never knew which strike kills what and where. It gives the game more realism.

I doubt that point 2 is neccessary but those exp numbers should disappear and the vet icons only visible to your own team.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

ShadowIchigo

Re: "exp", vetercany, arty unit visibility

Post by ShadowIchigo »

But youre forgetting something that yoi can use as a guide to whether you killed something or not. That is the kill count and what type on your unit. If you notice a drastic increase then you know u hit a great target. I do however really like the visibilty denial when hit by arty and also arty not being visible as well.. butttt it might change balance of things a bit too much (but i highly dought thats be the case).. Or it could just turn out reallly really great.and then would counterarty actions become obsolete? Maybe they can work when u have sight on enemy arty firing or about to fire etc. But ull need sight for it too work? Also for those who say it would hurt manuel counter arty bc of the whole fog of war visibilty thing, then you may have forgot to realize that all you have to do is actually see the artillery unit (as long as its stationed) once then memorize position on map. Mobile arty will be much harder tho that will take much more skill which it shud. But this also made me think of an idea for stationed emplacements and artys.. is it possible (maybe at the cost of an upgrade on a haltrack or something) to have towable stationary guns? For instance this would help with the 17p slowness when getting counter artyied or nebeled as soon as it shoots or w.e. it wont make it impossible to take out at guns or arty with other arty bc (and ofc realistically) the HT or truck with the tow upgrade will have a delay or setup time to take action as well as a setup or delay to "unhook" said AT/Arty Gun. What do you think guys? What do you think war?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

About trucks pulling paks and howitzers got denied. Several reasons like modding, models etc.

The kill count units do have. Well.... tanks and snipers or paks had kill counts in reality oO. Arty hadnt. So we would remove it from units like normal inf, mgs and arty etc. Smipers would still count kills and tanks and paks would count kill and vehicle kills.

Yes it makes counterarty harder but why not? Use reccon planes and stuff. It would help howitzer a bit to keep usefull throughout the entire game.

Mobile arty would be harder to counter but rocket arty has some smoke visible anyway. Calli rockets could use some more smoke production anyway i think, or?

And as allied.... i prefer killing the paks and then rushing with M10´s towards their spgs. Makes more sense as long as RA mates are smart enough... so

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I dont like second idea, because arty will become unpunishable than, player will not even have need in moving his arty pieces, just stay and bomb.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

About the truck and ht towables, I had a feeling that was brought up before, i have vague memory i reading a title topic on that subject, but not sure if i was recalling correctly or not. But i dont really agree so much on removing kill count bc it gives that feel of appreciating ur unit along with veterancy. But only really for that reason, which is nothing when you compare it to a balancing issue. So ultimately i would agree with you to remove arty kill count.. but only arty killcount. Would balance things immeasurably in supplementation with your visibility idea and CP exp kill point removal idea. I might add tho.. something about seeing those green numbers makes you feel so warm and satisfied hahaha.. but that goes with that kill count value feeling as well.. which is, like i said, nothing of value when comparing it to a balance issue. So im soo with you on these ideas (but kill count removal inly for arty. Keep count for standard inf and such. Whos gonna waste ammo on a grenade every 5 or so secs to find something hidden??)

Edit:

@Sukin

But we just explained how you would counter the arty.. using spy and recons. But u can also do so by sound intensity, smokish cosmetics in fow, but if desparate.. bombing fow blindly still giving you a chance to do damage whether it hits an arty unit or not
Last edited by ShadowIchigo on 10 Jul 2015, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I also don't really like those ideas. Killing snipers is now hard enough. I think that green exp icons are useful and there is no need to remove them.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

JimQwilleran wrote:I also don't really like those ideas. Killing snipers is now hard enough. I think that green exp icons are useful and there is no need to remove them.

Yea but regardless, you will still sometimes advance with inf knowing a sniper is there or not, correct? And it would sort of be a way to detect if sniper is alive or not, unless player uses sneaky tactic and holds fire or crawls away.. but these methods of attacking sniper shouldnt derail finding these snipers. Bc you can still here sound intensity and see tracer of bullet projectile. But this would also force players to use more teamwork in playing together, using scouts, letting the arty player know where sniper is, etc. I dont see how it will drastically effect killing snipers (althiugh i do have to adnit it really really is a pain in the ass trying to kill them and its even harder with new patch). But dont forget also that snipers will reveal themselves after everyso shot and also if you have an idea of where sniper is the arty shells will make the move and aplatter out of cover making them vissible.. but does hokd position ability bypass the movement from explosives in the perimeter? I kinda forget. Also does the crawl ability bypass this as well??

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

ShadowIchigo wrote: But dont forget also that snipers will reveal themselves after everyso shot

This is not true, I think that after vet they can fire a few shots before they reveal.
ShadowIchigo wrote:but does hokd position ability bypass the movement from explosives in the perimeter? I kinda forget. Also does the crawl ability bypass this as well??

Yes, both does.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

JimQwilleran wrote:
ShadowIchigo wrote: But dont forget also that snipers will reveal themselves after everyso shot

This is not true, I think that after vet they can fire a few shots before they reveal.
ShadowIchigo wrote:but does hokd position ability bypass the movement from explosives in the perimeter? I kinda forget. Also does the crawl ability bypass this as well??

Yes, both does.

Ahh shit.. hmm then maybe there can be a work around for that if this idea is implemented.. but also itll increase chances of unit dying so it would and wouldnt work in your favor. It being that most likely sniper is dead bc of cease fire and it not being you dont really know if its dead but can know if it retreats. So i wouldnt really say mess with the hold ability action, but what i would highky highly suggest is fixing the crawl ability so that they jump out of camo from explosives. This would fit things accordingly dont ya agree?

And yes about the vet i know they gain faster camo and remain camo longer with each vet upgrade.. maybe veterabcy for snipers shud be twice as hard then normal inf?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hmm... I honestly like those ideas Hawks; But I am really afraid about that it might be too late now for the Bk mod1, 'maybe' through the upcoming Bk2 then if possible!

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Tiger1996 wrote:Hmm... I honestly like those ideas Hawks; But I am really afraid about that it might be too late now for the Bk mod1, 'maybe' through the upcoming Bk2 then if possible!

i was thinking similar that i feel its becoming late.. but then i retracted. My whole crusade is bringing this mod to the public.. same with kwok. we want to share it and show its joyousness. As for Bk2, I think that true sight will fix A very decent amount of these balance issues in addition to adding this one.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

JimQwilleran wrote:I also don't really like those ideas. Killing snipers is now hard enough. I think that green exp icons are useful and there is no need to remove them.

when you unlock the last thing in your tectree then these numbers disappear. Thats why i never unlock the last tect tree upgrade or only if neccessary. For example with armor doc i dont unlock SP or this war machinery thing.

So in late game it gives me an edge as arty player actually seeing exactly how much i kill and where. I see many good players during streams doing it.

So in fact these green numbers already disappear when all do unlock their entire Tectree. So i think those and the vet icons should be removed and vet icons at least only visible for friendly team.

About point two i already said it might be impossible to implement.