Henschel Attack run

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Der Major

Henschel Attack run

Post by Der Major »

Hello Folks, i just wanted to know your opinion about that ability, because imho it's nearly useless... it attacks only tanks, yet this not very efficiently as far as i have seen... so i'd like to know what you think about that because if ye agree with me... maybe we could, well how about a Focke Wulf attack run (F-8 maybe?)

JimQwilleran

Re: Henschel Attack run

Post by JimQwilleran »

This single ability wreck RE and Armor doc. I have always seen it ultimately deadly, killing tanks on the whole map, not only in the area it was called in. Those planes also kill paks which is...

Warhawks97

Re: Henschel Attack run

Post by Warhawks97 »

I have made great experiences with it. Not seldomly it turned the tide of tank fights and killing essential enemie units. And sometimes, when we somehow spott enemie arty like priest without need of reccon airplane then the henschels can kill a priest right with the first strafe and moving doesnt help as the priest wont leave the circle fast enough anymore and the henschel keeps tracking it. Also henschels do not attack the target area but also the entire flight path! So it sometimes happens that tanks and vehicles at the other side of the map got critically damaged (or even killed) just because they had been in henschels flight path.

Using reccon airplane and then henschels on tank formations without attacking at the same time is stupid as it is obvious for the enemie what comes next (every smart player moves his most important units after a reccon plane has crossed his army). Activated during tank fights in order to support own tanks they not seldomly smash the entire army together with schrecks etc.

And unlike its AB bomber patrole counterpart it keeps tracking and aiming the vehicles in the target area and attacking not only the point where the unit had been when the plane entered the map. So its excellent to kill/damage/finish slow tanks like churchills and SP or damaged tanks and vehicles etc. and tanks must leave the area entirely, moving alone to dodge them doesnt help. Personally i love that ability but being at the same time not so silly like sd2 and enemies have chance to kill it with AA units which gives it a fair touch.

What you mean with F8 run? 2x20 mm and 2x 7,92 (F5) or 2x20 and 2x13 (F8) or any "Rüstsatz" like 30 mm canons?
Build more AA Walderschmidt