Veterancy and other things reveal hidden units

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Veterancy and other things reveal hidden units

Post by Warhawks97 »

As i just wrote about Tigerphobia the are some stupid things that reveal hidden units.

A few years ago "hold position" revealed enemie units as this words was visible to the enemies.

The Veterancy steps have the same problem as well as Tigerphobia.

A unit that just get veterancy when killing enemie from the ambushed position is more or less revealed and soon after mortared or killed by arty because the "Veterancy gained" and veterancy rank etc that apears above the unit is visible for the enemie which is silly.

Can we remove it maybe or at least it should not be visible for the enemie (when unit is in ambush).
Build more AA Walderschmidt

V13dweller

Re: Veterancy and other things reveal hidden units

Post by V13dweller »

I have never really had this problem, as far as I knew, it was not visible, plus they become visible for a short time after firing, don't they?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

V13dweller wrote:I have never really had this problem, as far as I knew, it was not visible, plus they become visible for a short time after firing, don't they?

You see the symbol for a short time. The words and rank. Long time ago "Hold position" was also visble to the enemie and that got removed.

In pvp its often used. I find snipers that way and sometimes, when a think i cant help my tank anymore, i let the tank die just to find the pak. After that i either mortar it or i ask my mates to bomb that area. Skilled players use and will use it and i do it since a long time.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

mm, also the gained veterancy ranks!! Ya, it reveals hidden units location too... I agree with u this time on this part, this shouldn't be visible to enemy :)

Chase

Post by Chase »

Agreed

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

And i want to get back to this. Units like paks or TH´s that got veterancy are more or less doomed to die. Last game my 57 killed a Marder with one shot and got vet but then an inf squad ran straight to it and throwing a nade destroying the pak (low Hp due to previous fights) and so i lost a unit and got an exposed flank just because my unit received a vet! my inf arround sadly couldnt avoid that the nade is being thrown.

It really sucks that a unit that got vet reveals the pos (and usually arty strike comes instantly and sometimes you dont realize which unit got vet and where and you just wonder how the arty could find the ambushed pak. These emblems poping up above units should not be visible or at least not for the enemie.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 27 May 2015, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

Agreed. Every better player will notice that. So it should not be visible for enemies.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

DaŇjeL_SK wrote:Agreed. Every better player will notice that. So it should not be visible for enemies.

I would go further. Sometimes they let run some (cheap) inf arround in order to see the vet emblem of the enemie sniper popping up in order to find the snipers pos and to mortar it instantly.