Tigerphobia

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Tigerphobia

Post by Warhawks97 »

Its a cool ability and i like it and i like to use it when i have a Tiger But:

Why does it affect SP and Persh aces?
Ambushed Tankbuster?
Tankbuster that are about to flank a Tiger?

I recently had games and a veted Tiger got heavily damaged and with damaged engine and was about to retreat and driving backwards. Two tankbuster (M10 and M18) tried to get close on it from two sides and one of them had vet steo and tank commander and flank speed. But then the Tiger used Tigerphobia, slowd down booth TH´s, killed one and escaped-.-

I mean its OK when Tiger attacks with full health etc but a crippeld tiger which is retreating and attacked by Tankbuster can suddenly force them to stop more or less? I mean the crews of two TD´s are send to finish a crippled tiger and the crews are aware about the fact that they attack a tiger but still they "suddenly" get feeared and stop driving?

Also why has a Persh crew and even ace crew or SP crew fears when facing a Tiger? I mean they are sitting in a more or less equal tank.

I would make it that Tigerphobia cant be used when Tiger is crippeld. Also no effect on pershings or high veted crews (vet 2-3-4) or ambushed AT units (The word "Tigerphobia" that goes up above effected units is visible for the enemie and thus "Tigerphobia" reveals immediately all ambushed units.) and maybe not against Tankbusters that are about to flank it as those crew will know that they are just send against a Tiger to kill it.

At the other side this ability should require only vet 1 and not more.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Tigerphobia

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Well, why should the Tiger be able to scare out also the Pershing crew?!
Because.. it's a Tiger dude!!!! :D

The Tiger remained to be the most feared tank of the ww2 for a long period... Yes, I find it logic with that the Pershing or even the SP crew should actually still fear it :P

It's also fine for the ability (as I believe ^^) to reveal hidden units location, because soldiers will loudly shout saying 'OMG! Tiger tank!!!' xD

And btw the Tiger already can't use the tank shock ability if it's immobilized as far as I know!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

As if the tank crew would hear the enemie shouting.....

And if i would sit behind a heva ypak such as 17 pounder i would do everything but shouting.

And a Tank IV crew would be also scared facing pershings?

Also i am talking about a heavy damaged tiger on a retreat and an achilles or jackson with effective guns send into combat for only one reason: kill a crippeld tiger. So they do expect to face a sherman and suddenly they should be so scared that they forget how to drive the tank and how to finish they mission? come on...

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hahaha, I was joking a bit btw.. but let me be a bit more serious now; Absolutely no Axis tank should fear fighting a Pershing ^^ Simply because Pershing tank rarely saw combat, it wasn't really well known during the ww2 unlike the Tiger! It was too late to catch up the ww2!! On the contrary, Tigers were since 1942.. also several Tigers made legendary job, stories and records on all battle fronts whatever on Afrika, western or eastern fronts... ;)

If we compare the Pershing with the Tiger, the Pershing is surely a newer tank that joined the war late on 1945... But still the Tiger had a longer shooting range and a way too much more accurate gun than the Pershing. The Pershing was mechanically easier as its turret for example rotates faster than the Tiger... However that the Tiger can better stand against probably all Allies anti tank weapons like Bazookas and PIATs except few others while the Pershing can't perform as a Tiger when faced with Panzerschrecks or any other German anti tank weapon. The Pershing is also smaller in size as that some sources even regard it as a medium tank btw and so it's easier to be affected by arty!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Hahaha, I was joking a bit btw.. but let me be a bit more serious now; Absolutely no Axis tank should fear fighting a Pershing ^^ Simply because Pershing tank rarely saw combat, it wasn't really well known during the ww2 unlike the Tiger! It was too late to catch up the ww2!! On the contrary, Tigers were since 1942.. also several Tigers made legendary job, stories and records on all battle fronts whatever on Afrika, western or eastern fronts... ;)

If we compare the Pershing with the Tiger, the Pershing is surely a newer tank that joined the war late on 1945... But still the Tiger had a longer shooting range and a way too much more accurate gun than the Pershing. The Pershing was mechanically easier as its turret for example rotates faster than the Tiger... However that the Tiger can better stand against probably all Allies anti tank weapons like Bazookas and PIATs except few others while the Pershing can't perform as a Tiger when faced with Panzerschrecks or any other German anti tank weapon. The Pershing is also smaller in size as that some sources even regard it as a medium tank btw and so it's easier to be affected by arty!

I know that and i dont want to add that for persh. It was just hypotetically. But a jacks crew or achilles crew which is prepared to finish a crippeld tiger and aware about their mission but also aware that their gun can kill the tiger and aware about that fact that they have the best chance to get as close as possible wouldnt get suddenly in panic......like

And as much as the tiger was feared and well known tank crews would also know that their gun (17 pounder or 90 mm) can knock the tank out.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Yeah, Tigerphobia's effect on vehicles should be removed, and it should be unable to be used if the Tiger's main gun, engine, or treads are destroyed.
Last edited by Wake on 11 Dec 2014, 00:15, edited 2 times in total.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wake wrote:Yeah, Tigerphobia should be removed.

i did not talk about removing it. Just it affects units which maybe shouldnt be affected by it. And that it can be activated when it shouldnt be possible.

HaryPL
Team Member

Post by HaryPL »

Thought it should work only on infantry units.. :?
Bravery doesn't meant that You are not afraid. It means that You go there anyway.

Never argue with an Idiot. He’ll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Ok, I changed my original suggestion. Is that able to be coded in? I know other abilities are unable to be used when main gun is destroyed.