Spam of 107mm Mortar by inf doc

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
DaŇjeL_SK

Spam of 107mm Mortar by inf doc

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

I suggest make popcap for this 107mm Mortar emplacement. One player can only 2 build on map, because when you have them 8 on one map u can't even ride with tanks there.
{ T.T.T } - - - >TR4F!K4NT < PT and antho, both plaing inf doc.
I am joining replay, u can see it is sick:
Attachments
4p_linden.2015-06-03.15-32-25.rec
Just copy the file to ur 'C:Users\"username"\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\playback' and then u r good to go!
Bk mod v4.88 playback file.
(4.65 MiB) Downloaded 61 times

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Spam of 107mm Mortar by inf doc

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Oh ya... Maybe less HP would help, or as I already suggested!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

limits...limits....limits. Oh men. Neither i want 88´s limited, nor the 107 mortar. For the mortar a slight HP decrease could help. Though i found several ways to kill it. Terror Nebler VT combined with attack, stormtroopers/stuhs, Wespe (vet 2), Hummel, grille (oneshot killed it almost entirely, second killed), walking stuka, V1 and also Luftwaffe VT of two 88´s almost killed it entirely. 210 mm nebler kills it in one salvo.

That thing cost 3 CP and 425 mp and fuel. And without supporting units it is very vulnerable as enemie units need to stay on one point for a while. Also it takes a while to be build.

Not long time ago i had a game at linden vs inf and armor doc. Later the def doc had 2 107 mortar, Mg and pak emplacment and rangers and also a Jumbo from armor doc was there as well. I need one assault with grens with schrecks, one AT squad and one walking stuka to kill pak, jumbo, 107 almost (but unrcewed) and almost the MG nest.

In larger games again there are many many options to counter it and two 107 in a 4 vs 4.... just pointless. When i used them offensively at La fiere i did need 5 of them, 3 howitzers and one 107 sherman to kill the def/luft/bk doc defense. Take away the 107 which help in such games to finally crack the defense and inf doc lost its late game offensive power entirely.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

Warhawks97 wrote:limits...limits....limits. Oh men. Neither i want 88´s limited, nor the 107 mortar. For the mortar a slight HP decrease could help. Though i found several ways to kill it. Terror Nebler VT combined with attack, stormtroopers/stuhs, Wespe (vet 2), Hummel, grille (oneshot killed it almost entirely, second killed), walking stuka, V1 and also Luftwaffe VT of two 88´s almost killed it entirely. 210 mm nebler kills it in one salvo.

That thing cost 3 CP and 425 mp and fuel. And without supporting units it is very vulnerable as enemie units need to stay on one point for a while. Also it takes a while to be build.

Not long time ago i had a game at linden vs inf and armor doc. Later the def doc had 2 107 mortar, Mg and pak emplacment and rangers and also a Jumbo from armor doc was there as well. I need one assault with grens with schrecks, one AT squad and one walking stuka to kill pak, jumbo, 107 almost (but unrcewed) and almost the MG nest.

In larger games again there are many many options to counter it and two 107 in a 4 vs 4.... just pointless. When i used them offensively at La fiere i did need 5 of them, 3 howitzers and one 107 sherman to kill the def/luft/bk doc defense. Take away the 107 which help in such games to finally crack the defense and inf doc lost its late game offensive power entirely.

Yeah.... it is easy, when u have arty doc... maybe... but we played 2v2... on linden.. so... there are some space limits.... and Termix played terror, me played blitzkrieg... enemy had only one or 2 paks, 2 squads of engineers and many 107mm mortars... one had 5 or 6 and second 3 or 4 maybe... and base AA emplacements... trust me... instead 30minutes game it was hour and half long game... They played double inf... they inly recrew mortars and repair them... look at that replay... u will understand what I am saying...

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

You lost the early game. But hard pushing US in early means they will be out of res due to upkeep. Thats the case at min 6. Booth of you could have got an 81 mm mortar and even a puma. So your set up wasnt bad. You had paks, mgs and res to get an 81 mm mortar as well. I always build the 81 mm mortar fast. Volks, 81 mm mortar, puma and 37 mm pak is a nice unit combo which US hardly can deal at that time. The lower guy had not even the second building while Danjel could have had 81 mm and soon after Puma. Combined with the recon and volks it could have been a devastating combo. Soon after OP 10 ammo point front of base (its one of the first things i do on this map). So Termix could have started sieging the town with mortar and nebler long before those could have build any of these mortars.

Also termix tried to capture the town. VS US its the best to siege them. he got puma and all he would have needed is a mortar (typically also a 50 mm pak) and going for nebler+ VT with terror doc. Dont try to run into the town, its pointless and not neccessary. First when you bombed them badly you can go to capture town carefully.

Edit: OK, min 9 you did so.

Min 12: How to lose?lol Its won already.

Termix could have had two neblers already and 1-2 ammo points upgraded. I really dont get how you "cant do anything" vs mortars. FUCK men.... you booth have 900 MP!! You could have had a stug or tank IV already. And why you didnt push forward step by step? why not second reccon to detect the middle area to advance further with?! But NOOO.... YOU camp behind sandbags and NOT using your res....

Min 14.... ANTHO is DEAD... booth are dead! wtf you did to lose this?

Min 15. I´ve been it exact the same situations. I Had similiar army (except HMG i had a 50 mm pak instead). Ive won the game against 107 with walking stuka having two ammo points upgraded. I had also a Stug III.

Dont retreat mortar out of arty barrage. Just stay with it and recrew it later. I never retreat mortar in arty strikes, i simply recrew later except there is a threat that it will be captured later.

Why dont you upgrade one of the ammo points?! Booth again 900 mp and you had 300 ammo! Why no tank IV? or even stuh? Pls, this topic is nonsense. You had two 10 ammo points under clear controle which could be upgraded. Then you just had to bomb them with neblers and walking stukas.

Min 18: Danjel has Terror or Bk doc...Endless fuel, 300 ammo and 800 MP!!!!!! AND NOW you wanna tell me that you couldnt deal with that?!?! Are you kidding me?! Nebler/stuh, Tank IV, ostwind, stormtoopers etc...... Either you have no idea what terror/bk do provide or.... idk.... Its unexplainable for me.

Min 24: Get reccons in position, call next stuh or stormtooper squad!

Also officer has off map arty strike also.... kill mg, throw nade into mortar, capture mortar.

Min 23: Antho builds 107 in base: Permission to basebomb granted! So OP ammo point, get walking stuka and bomb the base.

Maultier barrage did 2/3 damage... why didnt you capture it? the 150 mm could deal a bit more damage. But thats all! no limits etc required.

Min 25. Its obvious that you need arty to crack the final def. Means OP ammo points. More arty means more ammo required.... but as good as booth of you did.... you seem not to know that these two facts do correlate.

Min 26: Perfect target for walking stuka in south. Also where is second stuh? Or simply a 250 mp demolition squad?

Min 27. The first stuh got almost killed by mortar. Then you repaired but apparently you didnt learn that you must move stuh after each hit.

You should keep using stuhs! dont waste ammo for two maulitier. Also UPGRADE AMMO and use stuh+ demo charges and terror nebler VT+ Walking stuka! Why you guys dont get this?

Min 29: I stop here. I need to go and the reason you lost is not the any OP 107. You had permission to basebomb. Also you used wrong units. Walking stuka, stuh, demolition squads.

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

Nobody with Zadoff played similar match against that 2 spammers... here you can see huge spam off terror's arty and as you see, when antho and trafikant will not drop, they will play it even longer than me and Termix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JGFT7HetV0
now I am sure I will play only VPC games against this guys :D

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

DaŇjeL_SK wrote:Nobody with Zadoff played similar match against that 2 spammers... here you can see huge spam off terror's arty and as you see, when antho and trafikant will not drop, they will play it even longer than me and Termix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JGFT7HetV0
now I am sure I will play only VPC games against this guys :D

i never really go into town with luft inf coz cheap combat engineers etc will shred your expensive army. Esspecilly gebirgs are pointless int twon. I usually concentrate more for the area arround, sigeing the town (putting nasty unemplaced 88 arround) and take the open map. And any player in my team or me and my mate combined bombing the town untill we can take it. They booth had been so concentrated on town where they got bashed by arty all the time that the lowr opponent had endless time to build again 107 instead making the final push into his base with walking stupka/VT nebler assault combo.

And typically luft player mistake. Build three buildings and use only luft inf fighting so long that they finally run out of res losing too much. The 88 VT can be great also (at reversed defense the VT of two 88 proved quite usefull against the 107). So 88 VT combined with an assault and mortar is history or no threat during attack.

wow.... V1 should kill the Mortar. Thats a bug probably and this shouldnt happen.

btw. I see terror player got many 150 neblers. And i think thats absolutely justified. This are the moments i am talking about. When players doing such heavy campy def styles as axis, or here as allied then i think: endless nebelwerfer (150) and endless 105 howitzers are FAIR! And thats why 88 should keep without limits when they will work as arty units (barrage/VT). Its simply absolutely justified to build so much arty.

but lets be fair: apparantly no one can crack the other players defense. And thats what i am afraid of with arty limits on too many arty units (75 mm, 150 nebler, 105 howitzers). I had such games myself where booth sides couldnt destroy the enemies defense when booth sides had No CW arty or SE but each side inf and def doc.

but terror player maybe made one mistake: He got maybe a few too many neblers and only two panthers as assault force. A few more grens pushing all the time combined with VT´s and only one Panther would have helped here.

but lets be honest, the 107 is the last thing that makes people keep playing inf doc. Their inf is just made to die in most occassions and the arty support is... meh....here and there and off map maybe which eats the ammo storage but without greater effect on axis late game defense.

And finally they won. I think on long term 88´s and VT´s would have smashed the defense from inf doc but inf doc just cant do an offense against Panther G´s and elite inf (not to mention 88).
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 10 Jun 2015, 15:09, edited 4 times in total.

Erich

Post by Erich »

i liked the 8 nebls ^^,but with luft is really hard to break huge def of allies,its like armor doc trying to break spam of 88. i think this isnt a big problem to axis,terror has walking stuka,nebels,VT,even V1,bk has stuh,maultier,demolition squad etc etc and i dont need talk about the SE doc ^^

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Erich wrote:i liked the 8 nebls ^^,but with luft is really hard to break huge def of allies,its like armor doc trying to break spam of 88. i think this isnt a big problem to axis,terror has walking stuka,nebels,VT,even V1,bk has stuh,maultier,demolition squad etc etc and i dont need talk about the SE doc ^^

indeed. I mean aixs had luft and terror doc against one of the best allied def doc (best is probably RE) and still they succeeded on long term. Its like trying without inf and CW arty doc to crack a defense of two luft players which put scout cars everywhere and 88´s etc.

Tor

Post by Tor »

Why 107mm deals so much damage to heavy tanks? Panther have 16-17mm top armor okay, but tiger have 26! a penetration value for such HE
, and late (44 year) have 40mm turret top armor.
Tiger 2 have 40mm in hull and turret, why this tank again sucking much more than other?
In general, a mortar antitank look like shit, this thing cant shoot accurately.
In bk mod 107 have auto aim, why other mortars don't have? you can run and 4 times change course after 107 fired and have direct hit and dead all 6 mans.
Last edited by Tor on 13 Jun 2015, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tor wrote:Why 107mm deals so much damage to heavy tanks? Panther have 16-17mm top armor okay, but tiger have 26! a penetration value for such HE
Tiger 2 have 40mm in hull and turret, why this tank again sucking much more than other?

its because HE rounds. I know its not simulated but HE rounds dont bounce, they explode. So when a gun is big enough having round with lots of HE inside then tankers used HE rounds against enemie tanks. HE rounds from tanks never bounce and deal little damage. Just strangely 105 arty shells can bounce from certain tanks which is stupid actually.

With other words, armor values do not help when HE ammount is large enough. So all explosions deal some damage to tanks.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 13 Jun 2015, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Tor wrote:Why 107mm deals so much damage to heavy tanks? Panther have 16-17mm top armor okay, but tiger have 26! a penetration value for such HE

Enough for u that the 107mm mortars are almost unkillable having a very high HP rate, easy built and can still immobilize any axis tanks... firing heavy HE shells from the above regardless of any objects in front of them!

Tor

Post by Tor »

Warhawks97 wrote:

its because HE rounds. I know its not simulated but HE rounds dont bounce, they explode. So when a gun is big enough having round with lots of HE inside then tankers used HE rounds against enemie tanks. HE rounds from tanks never bounce and deal little damage. Just strangely 105 arty shells can bounce from certain tanks which is stupid actually.

With other words, armor values do not help when HE ammount is large enough. So all explosions deal some damage to tanks.

Mortars cant hit tank!! this happend only in COH, need 20-100 shoots to have 1 direct hit, moving tank?? lol need 1000000000 minimum)
And why to build 107 not need ammo?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tor wrote:With other words, armor values do not help when HE ammount is large enough. So all explosions deal some damage to tanks.

Mortars cant hit tank!! this happend only in COH, need 20-100 shoots to have 1 direct hit, moving tank?? lol need 1000000000 minimum)
And why to build 107 not need ammo?[/quote]

why emplacment cost fuel? and yeah, armor doesnt help.... ever seen stupa or stuh hitting a tank?... its same... stupa even oneshot kills not seldomly with pure power of HE if it hits. I finished Tank on low HP with HE shermans while AP rounds bounced.

Mortars are more accurate as in reality. In old forum we had a really huge discussion about "sniper" mortars. Its not only for 107.