What the hell is this ? (suppression)

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
DaŇjeL_SK

What the hell is this ? (suppression)

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

Anybody can say me something to this ? I never saw it before. If they will have BAR... ok... I will admit this as possible, but they don't. They don't even have that ability without BAR. And anyway, my pioneers were in green cover. So what is this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3qlAsfu7Go

Warhawks97

Re: What the hell is this ? (suppression)

Post by Warhawks97 »

DaŇjeL_SK wrote:Anybody can say me something to this ? I never saw it before. If they will have BAR... ok... I will admit this as possible, but they don't. They don't even have that ability without BAR. And anyway, my pioneers were in green cover. So what is this ?

US engineers and WE pios are easily suppressed and even when they have green cover by normal rifle fire. Each weapon has slight suppression values and each unit certain suppression resistant. I think the reason why Pios got suppressed is that rifles got close and thus having a relatively high rof which increases dealed suppression. K98 can suppress engineers as well and happens sometimes but the rof of k98 isnt as high at close range as those of m1 and so its less likely to happen that volks suppress engineers.

But Pios on range can beat Rifles when those dont close in.

I am not sure if really every weapon has slight suppression values (For example coaxial MG´s and stgs have no suppression values just like the old jeep has suppression of 0,000 or at least ive never seen any coaxial or stg suppressing any kind of inf). Also i am not sure if Top mounted cal 50´s (those on vehicöes do have suppression values like their MG42 counterparts.

Suppression is depending on suppression per bullet and the rof.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

Warhawks97 wrote:
DaŇjeL_SK wrote:Anybody can say me something to this ? I never saw it before. If they will have BAR... ok... I will admit this as possible, but they don't. They don't even have that ability without BAR. And anyway, my pioneers were in green cover. So what is this ?

US engineers and WE pios are easily suppressed and even when they have green cover by normal rifle fire. Each weapon has slight suppression values and each unit certain suppression resistant. I think the reason why Pios got suppressed is that rifles got close and thus having a relatively high rof which increases dealed suppression. K98 can suppress engineers as well and happens sometimes but the rof of k98 isnt as high at close range as those of m1 and so its less likely to happen that volks suppress engineers.

But Pios on range can beat Rifles when those dont close in.

I am not sure if really every weapon has slight suppression values (For example coaxial MG´s and stgs have no suppression values just like the old jeep has suppression of 0,000 or at least ive never seen any coaxial or stg suppressing any kind of inf). Also i am not sure if Top mounted cal 50´s (those on vehicöes do have suppression values like their MG42 counterparts.

Suppression is depending on suppression per bullet and the rof.

I know every weapon have some supression values and it depends on rate of fire... but this never saw this in green cover... even jeep suppress engineers in green cover very rare. Truly... how many times this happened to you ? Pioneers suppressed by engineers.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The thing is that infantry "carries" suppression with them. Or how would I say it....the suppression accumulates on a squad and starts slowly dropping after the squad is not under fire. Green cover does not lower the accumulated supression level, only loweres the speed by which the squad accumulates supression. It is possible that your Engineers accumulated about 99% of the suppression needed to get the "suppressed" status while they were running for cover and after that a few bullets from the Rifle squad gotthe remaining 1%? I don't really know what happened there but this seems as a possible explanation.

Wake

Post by Wake »

I've noticed this happening whenever a certain squad is under enormous overwhelming firepower. 2 engineer squads at close range can suppress PE panzergrenadiers. The opposite can happen, where 2 pioneer squads at long range can suppress engineers.

In this case, at such close range, the riflemen suppressed the pioneers because of how much firepower they had, but mostly due to how close they were. Markr's speculation about the accumulated suppression makes sense here too.