Sd Kfz 250/8

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Fallschirmjäger

Sd Kfz 250/8

Post by Fallschirmjäger »

Hey Guys, i Would like to discuss the PE halftrack sdkfz 250/8 (75mm Kwk) which can be Exchange for the halftrack with Small PAK. My Point of view is that the sdkfz 250/8 is Toolmuch expansive Or Too Werk, im you remember that you can Build it Late and have to Pay for every Explosion ammunition. I ve never Seen this car in Game because i think it is unbalanced/useless. What do you think about it?

Warhawks97

Re: Sd Kfz 250/8

Post by Warhawks97 »

Fallschirmjäger wrote:Hey Guys, i Would like to discuss the PE halftrack sdkfz 250/8 (75mm Kwk) which can be Exchange for the halftrack with Small PAK. My Point of view is that the sdkfz 250/8 is Toolmuch expansive Or Too Werk, im you remember that you can Build it Late and have to Pay for every Explosion ammunition. I ve never Seen this car in Game because i think it is unbalanced/useless. What do you think about it?

one of the vehicles that are usless. Its not the only one but one of them. Idk even what it cost. The HE rounds have a duration but seem to be bugged anyway (no blast or anything. Looks like the unit keeps shooting normal AP rounds). Idk if the MG mounted on main gun is count as "top turret" or "coaxial". If coaxial then its a peashooter, if count as top mounted (like the one of sdkfz 234/3 puma with stubby 75 mm) then its a potential inf killer. Terror doc has also a sdkfz 251 with stubby 75 mm with mounted mg42 which is "top mounted" so i think this one is also count as "top mounted". Though idk what this unit is good for. maybe too expensive and too late.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Fallschirmjäger

My Suggestion is: At least to make the HE ammunition permanent at this Halftrack. Additional you can Build slightly earlier. So then its going to be an usefull inf Killer

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Fallschirmjäger wrote:My Suggestion is: At least to make the HE ammunition permanent at this Halftrack. Additional you can Build slightly earlier. So then its going to be an usefull inf Killer

i actually like the idea. But i would prefer HE as duration similiar to sdkfz 234/3 with same equipment and abilties. Combined with the MG mounted on main gun (which is hopefully not "coaxial") the unit would still be deadly vs inf with additional anti inf boost using HE´s but usefull against CW vehicles with normal AP rounds. The 234/3 proofed very effective vs CW that way using AP´s usually and killing cw vehicles and then MG+HE for cheap cost with duration against the inf. If HE´s would be permanent the cost would be a way higher each time switching from AP back to HE manually. Just the HE rounds need to be fixed as they seem not to work really (like those of 234/2 Puma with 50 mm and stuart tanks). Also when the MG is counted as "coaxial" unable to kill anything then HE rounds loaded permanent are preferable.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Just checked it - the WH HT (and also Puma) with stubby cannon use exactely the same weapon file as the PE HT with the Stubby cannon (means same stats). So you must have been very unlucky if you experienced some extremely long miss sprees with PE version. I haven't checked the abilities so the stats might differ there but the basic weapon with basic rounds should not differ at all.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:Just checked it - the WH HT (and also Puma) with stubby cannon use exactely the same weapon file as the PE HT with the Stubby cannon (means same stats). So you must have been very unlucky if you experienced some extremely long miss sprees with PE version. I haven't checked the abilities so the stats might differ there but the basic weapon with basic rounds should not differ at all.

So MG´s are the same and so pretty deadly to inf right? And the HE rounds?

Fallschirmjäger

Okay I took a closer Look to the Unit: 1.) So the front MG (MG 42) is near to the Stubby Canon and Seems to be no coaxial and should be effective but I have the feeling its definite not effektictive against inf like p.e. the MG at the halftrack 250/1 (car in which you can Transport Units and which uses an MG34). 2.) The Stubby gun is pretty cool and effective against inf when in HE Mode. BUT: To build this unit you have to build 3 buildings AND make the upgrade in the vehicle building. The car costs 300/25 AND you have to upgrade the car with at least 25 ammunition for HE AND THEN you have to pay for firing a HE salvo (22sec or max 3 shots) every time 25 ammunition. Hmmmm... So at my point of view this is toooooo much expensive/ammunition you need if you want to get an needfull little inf killer car which is primarily used in early game. But precisely in early game you have not so much ammo for 1 vehicle. Please correct me if i am wrong... Greetings.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

There are two other units which replace each other. Thing is they are pretty similiar as booth have 20 mm canon (and coaxial 7,92mm).

One is the sdkfz 222 (with 20 mm canon and wheels) and the reward is the 250/9 with same armament. Description says that the 222 is better armored and cheaper, However booth cost the same iirc (300/25) and armor seems to differ not that much. Thing is the 250/9 just needs two buildings which together cost 400 and 35 fuel. The 222 requires the logistic company upgrade and thus the third building as well. That means that the 222 requires 550 mp and 75 fuel to be available and thus 150 mp and 40 fuel more as the 250/9 although their performence is similiar.

So i want to ask if it is possible to have the logistic company upgrade available without need for that third buulding (battleground/ Training ground which cost 150/10). That whay the 222 and 250/8 could be deployed a bit earlier in order to be more usefull. The Last two buildings (TH command and Tank support commander as well as heavy pak 40 and reward would require booth, logistic company upgrade and the third building). But this could help to get these two units a bit earlier to be more effective.