Range of tanks

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
DaŇjeL_SK

Re: Range of tanks

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

Warhawks97 wrote:
DaŇjeL_SK wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:In the replay of danjel a scott immobilized a Panther and the Panther with its long canon couldnt reach the scott while those was shooting the panther all the time keeping it immobilized.

constant immobilizing is ok... but causing damage by every shot was bullshit, because it's only 75mm howitzer

why is it ok? It means its a dead unit and repairs not possible as these units would kill the pios all the time. Also HE rounds got often used against heavy armor to weaken these. So it makes sense.

DaŇjeL_SK wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:stuhs, scotts and stupas would have range of normal tanks.

When you will nerf their range, noone will use them anymore... especially StuH, because is slow and bad armored.
And if I remember good, ranges of this vehicles were nerfed few patches ago. And howitzers had longer range than tanks.

wrong. howitzer does NOT mean more range.
Fun fact: 76 sherman max HE round range was 14,6 km. KT HE round more than 10 km just it would be fired inaccurate and thus would be a waste. The US 105 Howitzer just 11,2 km and axis 105 leif 18/M 12,3 km. Did you ever read the history of Howitzers? they had in general shorter barrels compared to their canon counterparts. The intenion was to throw HE over enemie defenses or right into trenches. Also to be lighter than canons by throwing the same ammount of HE or more against the enemie. Also check axis ww2 artillery. Canons had been a lot larger than howitzers but also had more range and had been much heavier. A 105 mm or 150 mm canon would be simply tooo heavy to be effectively transported or usefull in the modern movment war (However, axis used a very small ammount of large canons which weight up to 50-75 tons and with just 10-30 build pieced but with insane range). Also too heavy to be mounted on the available chassis so Howitzers filled the main role as artillery as they are lighter than canons with same calibre. if you read stuff about german arty in ww2 you will always find the designation "K" for "Kanonr" ("canon") or "FH" for "Feldhaubitze" ("Field Howitzer"). As sample compare the "15 cm Kanone 18" with "schwere Feldhaubitze 18" which us used by Hummel. The weight of canon 12,5 tons but 24,5 km range. The Haubitze used by Hummel just 5,5 tons but also just 13-14 km range.

The Max range of stuh was 5 km and never used against targets beyond 2 km (usually less than 1 km). Stupa max range was 4.7 km and having very strong dropping trajectory. So theoretically possible inaccurate barraging and accurate direct shooting at point blank. Simply how howitzers worked.

So pls... stop spreading this missunderstanding of howitzers that is missleading players forcing the highly wrong believe that Howitzers have more range than canons (the opposite is actually the case).

omg.... we were discussing this... why are u writting it to me also here ?

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

Today's game. Allied tanks against longer range. Jackson without any command car, lock down or anything was shooting on my Panther and he was out of my range. I can join replay if someone don't believe

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

DaŇjeL_SK wrote:Today's game. Allied tanks against longer range. Jackson without any command car, lock down or anything was shooting on my Panther and he was out of my range. I can join replay if someone don't believe

You dont have to, we know this.

Warhawks97 wrote: This Stationary mode just shouldnt increase the range for some good reasons. For example the PE sdkfz 234/4 equiped with a normal pak and without any special gunsight can outrange Panthers etc which is bs. Another sample is firefly and Jackson B. In Stationary mode booth outrange Panther and with either CW command tank or US armor command vehicle ability they will outrange panthers even when those get stationary mode. You see it wouldnt really help nor would it fit in Panthers role.

So thats why i would really remove range advantage from stationary modes and instead those provide only rof and view buff but no range buff. So axis would equip each heavier tank or tankbuster with special gunsights giving them + 5 range and thus a permanent range advantage due to better gunsights like in reality while allied can buff it with command tanks and vehicles to match up. Its a kind of "improved communication between tanks" or "platoon fireing on one detected target" sharing target informations.

That would just make more sense than "give Panther stationary mode" and expecting then that all the messed up ranges would be solved..... they wouldnt and its not only about Panthers and Tigers.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I bet 100 rubles that Jackson was in lock down, the thing is that this unit is missing white round marker while being in stationary mod, thats why enemie never able to figure out in what condition Jackson is currently.

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:I bet 100 rubles that Jackson was in lock down, the thing is that this unit is missing white round marker while being in stationary mod, thats why enemie never able to figure out in what condition Jackson is currently.

So it should be fixed.
And that stationary mod... should be changed like Hawks wrote.