Sandbagged emplacements.

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

Sandbagged emplacements.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Sandbagged emplacements generally are so heavily armored currently against all kind of weapons (including grenades btw) to the extent that they sometimes keep bouncing off any incoming shells being fired on them for really a long time!!! They do also have a huge HP; so even if at any point enemy shells finally penetrate them, yet obviously they can still hold much longer than supposed. Specifically base turrets and the 107mm Inf doc mortar emplacements...
I once had a Jumbo firing at an enemy base turret during a 1vs1 when my opponent had no counters to it at all as he has lost all his Pz4s but he started producing a Tiger tank the same time I began shooting on the turret.. truly the Tiger finished and was already deployed however that the turret required about at least 10 more rounds to hopefully die!

Warhawks97

Re: Sandbagged emplacements.

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Sandbagged emplacements generally are so heavily armored currently against all kind of weapons (including grenades btw) to the extent that they sometimes keep bouncing off any incoming shells being fired on them for really a long time!!! They do also have a huge HP; so even if at any point enemy shells finally penetrate them, yet obviously they can still hold much longer than supposed. Specifically base turrets and the 107mm Inf doc mortar emplacements...
I once had a Jumbo firing at an enemy base turret during a 1vs1 when my opponent had no counters to it at all as he has lost all his Pz4s but he started producing a Tiger tank the same time I began shooting on the turret.. truly the Tiger finished and was already deployed however that the turret required about at least 10 more rounds to hopefully die!

HE´s kill emplacments and crews fast. HE shermans, AA Tanks with HE, stubby Tank IV etc. AP rounds can destroy a sandbag but shouldnt oneshot emplacment.

the only stupid thing is that some shells can bounce off. Tank shells and schrecks/zooks can bounce off from emplacment sandbags.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wake

Post by Wake »

Fire is really good against these.

One of my favorite, most scum-like tactic is to send a croc sherman or flame hetzer to the enemy base along with a halftrack of engineers. You burn the enemy base defenses and capture them for yourself. The enemy will never see it coming and afterwards cannot move infantry or light vehicles out of his base.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Fire is excellent indeed but a slight HP decrease for these emplacements wouldn't hurt. It's not normal to have 4 tanks shooting at the same emplacement at point-blank range and see how it is able to endure like 1 minute. Now it's almost compulsory to have fire if you want to attack the enemy base with infantry. Otherwise you need to wait a ton until the tanks are able to finish all the emplacements, being thus very exposed to AT's (especially squads)
Last edited by Kasbah on 05 May 2015, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

What exactely do you mean by "sandbagged emplacements"? Normal emplacements or after the command tree upgrade (available to Def and RE docs)?

Krieger Blitzer

I generally almost meant all kinds, as it seems that most of them actually need readjustment while setting lower HP values! But more specifically I mentioned about the Inf doc 107mm US mortar emplacements and definitely all the base turrets as well... :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:I generally almost meant all kinds, as it seems that most of them actually need readjustment while setting lower HP values! But more specifically I mentioned about the Inf doc 107mm US mortar emplacements and definitely all the base turrets as well... :)

The emplacments are good as they are. I dont think that any has too much health. Just schrecks/zooks/tank shells shouldnt bounce off Oo. Thats all.

But no emplacment has too much HP. I mean its their goal to be more resistant. What would be their goal and iusse when like 2 mortar shells would kill them? Also all can be decrewed and captured.

Krieger Blitzer

Base turrets are for free on most maps... Also, on some maps u get 3 turrets per each base!! It's true that there are few maps where there are no base turrets at all by default.. but anyways they are still almost unkillable; The US Inf doc 107mm mortar emplacement is even stronger than the emplaced flak 88 itself btw!!! At least both those that are mentioned should get slightly less HP I would say!

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Also think that all emplacements are fine, maybe only base one are over the top a bit, but they are playing an important role.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Base turrets are for free on most maps... Also, on some maps u get 3 turrets per each base!! It's true that there are few maps where there are no base turrets at all by default.. but anyways they are still almost unkillable; The US Inf doc 107mm mortar emplacement is even stronger than the emplaced flak 88 itself btw!!! At least both those that are mentioned should get slightly less HP I would say!

lol, i doubt that emplaced 88 or US mortar emplacment are more durable and if then only slightly. The emplaced 88 isnt hard to kill actually. And booth US mortar pit and emplaced 88 cost more than some tanks here in game. Booth are fine for what they cost (lots or res and some CP´s).

And base defense is different as it really plays a more important role.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Normal emplacements are right but base defenses are way too resistant. They play an importanr role, OK, but it's not normal to have 3-4 tanks shooting at point blank range during 1 minute to destroy a base MG protected by sandbags. Now it's like flames are compulsory to overpass them. Therefore I think they should get an HP decrease.