US armor doc Tectree suggestion

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

US armor doc Tectree suggestion

Post by Warhawks97 »

One question:

Can we change calli with Jumbo at unlock?

The Times where the Jumbo was essential for allis to survive the early coming Tank IV H spam from Bk doc are gone. Also fuel issues are solved so far which often made the Jumbo often the first tank fielded by US armor doc. But know Bk doc needs one more CP for tank IV mass prod and US armor has fuel to get some hellcats earlier since boosts are earlier available, supply yard costs and effects changed and fuel upkeep of Hellcat changed.

Means the early Jumbo isnt a "must have" anymore vs BK docs tank IV´s and so the early Jumbo can dominate the early Tank stage. At the same time i have to wait endless with armor doc when my opponent is spamming paks right from start. Sometimes there are like 3-5 paks of all calibres and the Mortar HT cant kill them fast enough as they get build/recrewed and also those paks pushing forwards as well sometimes pushing back my mortar HT (when map has fields) and the pak range is almost equal to mortar range. A calli that comes earlier would help a lot here to deal with these pak walls and heavy defenses being build up right at start.

The Jumbo would be more a late game tank that can lead the assault with its armor when calli cleaned the area before.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wake

Re: US armor doc Tectree suggestion

Post by Wake »

This question is all about personal philosophy. I like the Jumbo where it is now, coming out early, because that unit is a game changer. If you save your resources and get some enemy kills, you can get the Jumbo out relatively early. The axis would probably only have one panzershreck squad and maybe a Pak 40, which the Jumbo can survive both. Coming out early, the Jumbo is also the king of the tank battlefield, as it can 1-shot most other axis tanks around this time, and Blitz players usually haven't gotten the cheaper Panzer 4 production yet. So the early Jumbo is really good for me.

Whenever I need artillery, yeah, I really want the calliope, but I would almost always take the Jumbo over a calliope for that early CP unlock spot. This is one of the reasons armor doc needs a lot of support, mainly just to have team mates with arty.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wake wrote:This question is all about personal philosophy. I like the Jumbo where it is now, coming out early, because that unit is a game changer. If you save your resources and get some enemy kills, you can get the Jumbo out relatively early. The axis would probably only have one panzershreck squad and maybe a Pak 40, which the Jumbo can survive both. Coming out early, the Jumbo is also the king of the tank battlefield, as it can 1-shot most other axis tanks around this time, and Blitz players usually haven't gotten the cheaper Panzer 4 production yet. So the early Jumbo is really good for me.

And this is why i think jumbo comes maybe too early. I mean 76 needs supply yard and the jumbo not? So jumbo can be fielded earlier than normal 76?

As you said the early Tank IV spam dont need to be faced with that jumbo anymore so jumbo so fast is a bit too early. I mainly face massive pak walls with armor doc which not even jumbo could break.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wake

Post by Wake »

Warhawks97 wrote:
And this is why i think jumbo comes maybe too early. I mean 76 needs supply yard and the jumbo not? So jumbo can be fielded earlier than normal 76?

That is pretty funny and odd. I know that when a lot of players choose armor doc, their game strategy is to rush the Jumbo because the enemy doesn't have the necessary counters yet.

But on the flip side, I know a lot of axis players that, once they discover that one of the enemy went Armor doc, they will go straight for Pak 40's and get as many panzershrecks as they can, and just skip the pak 38 and light vehicles.

Warhawks has it right though, the Jumbo is a unit with late-game stats that comes out in mid-game.