Suggestion for RAF bren upgrade and other misc

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
ShadowIchigo

Suggestion for RAF bren upgrade and other misc

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Firstly, I'd like to state that I know I do not have such a great voice in the blitzkrieg community, but I believe i can voice my opinion about the RAF doctrine with great influence. This is mainly due to the fact, and for those of you who know me, 95% of my games played are as RAF. I have a simple request.. From all my years of playing as RAF i find the bren upgrade for the sten commandos utterly pointless. Infantry sections seem to do far more damage then a commando sten squad with the bren upgrade. I've talked to warhawks and he mentioned that adding the bren to the lee einfields was brought up before. It makes sense for the long range infantry to have hmg privileges rather than an assualt sqaud (which is suposed to be used for close to mid ranges) having this bren. I even suggest making another squad dedicated to hmgs, but i know that would also mean reworking the commando docrtine to an extent. Theres two other things i want to suggest as well. Commandos have a disadvantage when it comes to urban combat.. so it would highly make sense that these infantry have standard grenades added to them as well. Lastly, i find that it would make a great deal of sense to add the button vehicle ability to the commandos once they gain the bren upgrade. Please let me know what everyone thinks. Thank you.

Warhawks97

Re: Suggestion for RAF bren upgrade and other misc

Post by Warhawks97 »

fully supported. Except that "pin tanks with bren lmg". Not sure if it would make them OP vs tanks. I mean they get improved sprint in late game. Smoke, gomman bombs+ pinning tanks (even the heaviest) would make them really to crazy vs tanks. They could run at tanks, pining those and then damage them with double gomman bombs which immobilizes any tank for sure. But everyhting else is fully supported and grenades are neccessary against units inside buildings.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I think that Wolf mentioned somewhere that Lee-Enfield Commandos could get with the upgrade two Brens and Sten Commandos could get 2 or 3 Thompsons so Lee-enfield Commandos would be kinda better Tommy squad and Sten Commados would be batter at close range.
I support this idea and I think that other people were for it too so I think it might be implemeted in the future.

As for the "Button" ability - I think it should not be a problem. After all 101st got "supression button" for BARs too so I don't see a reason why Commandos should not get an ability which is connected to Brens. However what Warhawks wrote might make it kinda OP in some situations...let's see what others will say.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:I think that Wolf mentioned somewhere that Lee-Enfield Commandos could get with the upgrade two Brens and Sten Commandos could get 2 or 3 Thompsons so Lee-enfield Commandos would be kinda better Tommy squad and Sten Commados would be batter at close range.
I support this idea and I think that other people were for it too so I think it might be implemeted in the future.

As for the "Button" ability - I think it should not be a problem. After all 101st got "supression button" for BARs too so I don't see a reason why Commandos should not get an ability which is connected to Brens. However what Warhawks wrote might make it kinda OP in some situations...let's see what others will say.

well.... in late game with commandos that received some upgrades+ smoke are often rushing towards tanks to throw these bombs. It would be a very very easy job then to knock out any axis heavy tank that cant escape fast enough and even for faster tanks. It wouldnt kill the tank directly but a pined and then immobilized expensive heavy tank is killed by arty and airplanes pretty fast usually (except your name is Danijel SK playing as allied :D).

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Agree with all points, exept pinning tanks ability, thats Bs, and id like to see it removed from inf section also.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Agree with all points, exept pinning tanks ability, thats Bs, and id like to see it removed from inf section also.

Agreed. Its a stupid vcoh ability and makes no sense at all.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Here are two quotes that I and Wolf have said on commandos in the past regarding their weapons.

Wolf wrote:@Commandos etc: if they don't get vetted sprint, then its probably because of the smoke, if they should have two suppression breaking abilities is a question. Regarding weapons, my idea back when it was more actual was 2 things - either commandos will get 2 thompsons instead of 2 brens, with 2 more thompsons buyable even before tech tree upgrades, so 4 thompsons total possible, to keep sten ingame + lee einfields would receive 1 bren. Or second idea was that commandos will get 2 brens like now, but it would be optional, to keep possibility of more of a CQB squad - in form of upgrade which costs 0 munnition after tech tree selection.

Wake wrote:Well with the commandos, I think there is an inherent flaw in their weapon design. The sten squad, after upgrades, gets 2 brens. But these 2 weapons dont mix. The sten is a short range weapon that can be fired while moving. The bren requires infantry to stand still in order to shoot.

So for the upgraded commandos, it's either you stand at long range and have 2 brens but 4 useless stens or you try to assault and get in close with 4 stens firing effectively while the bren gunners don't do anything.

It would make more sense to give the brens to the enfield commandos, because those guys can sit behind cover and deal heavy damage because all of their weapons are suited for medium and long range combat. If the sten commandos got a health boost, it would really reinforce the idea that they are "assault" infantry.

Just so you know, thompsons do more damage and shoot faster than the sten. Also remember the time when the commando tech tree weapon upgrade gave the enfield commandos a sniper. That was pretty OP but the idea could be re-explored in a different way. All of this was said back in February.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Well thanks for all the input everyone!
I like the ideas so far.

Btw i do agree that it might be a little op if they get the button ability but at the same time i wanna see how it would play out. Afterall imo i believe all tanks should be slower. For instance the panther is almost impossible to catch, even when you try to ambush the inf can easily get shredded by the mg. Oh well, we'll see what wolf says about it all. Thanks once again everyone

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I also found strange the perfomance of Brens, Tommy are doing really good damage when equipted with them, killing grens and Fallchirmjaegers really good, but Commando and Sas seems to have rubber bullets in their Brens, no chances against terror grens or storms with MP44.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

rubber bullets indeed. i forgot to mention about a thompson upgrade. Why do u think im always trying to steal mp40s, mp44s, and shreks when i can? hahaha