Haven't played in a while, lot has changed, Germans way too powerful

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
smsteger89

Haven't played in a while, lot has changed, Germans way too powerful

Post by smsteger89 »

So I started playing a long long time ago, when BK first came out (back when it still had Russians) so I would appreciate if people don't accuse me of being a noob as I am anything but. I've been playing COH since it first came out over 15 years ago. Boy how time flies.

Anyway, it's probably been a year or two since I fired up BK, but I started playing again last month. All I can say is wow, this mod has changed for the worse. Germans were always stronger, but it's pretty effortless now. Mortars have become so powerful, it's like early game whoever gets mortars out first wins. Not to mention I can win effortlessly as Germans but it always takes near perfection and luck to win as allies. I'm not talking late game either, this fucking Panzer III bullshit is OP as fuck. You guys made it way too strong. Full vet ranger squad with 76 Sherman and one shot kills the entire ranger squad? Uh no, fuck you, that's bullshit. It's a panzer 3, it's a medium tank and you've got it taking out damn near everything including being able to damage 76 sherman? Why don't you tell me what the point of the rest of the tanks is? If all you need is this Panzer 3 to wreck pretty much every non-end game unit. I don't normally come onto forums and bitch but you guys gotta straighten this out (if you care at all, I know it's an old mod)

Germans are way too strong, way way too strong. American Airborne is dog shit too, I don't even see a point in playing it anymore. It just sucks, the abilities are not that useful and you get way more from the Infantry doctrine. Whoever has been in charge of developing BK1 really fucked up, it's like they just ignored all the problems of the Allies. I mean don't even get me started on the British who are laughably terrible with such high unit costs and yet generally worse units. Tanks? Worse. Infantry? Should be better, somehow aren't. The only thing they really have going for them are Churchill tanks and the Tetrarch.

I can shut my brain off and win with Germans. It's so much more work to win as Allies. It's not fun. I don't see how anybody who has played this game for so long would enjoy playing it now considering just how overpowered the Germans are.

Warhawks97

Re: Haven't played in a while, lot has changed, Germans way too powerful

Post by Warhawks97 »

smsteger89 wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 21:38

Mortars have become so powerful, it's like early game whoever gets mortars out first wins.

Mortars havent changed in years so far but generally i agree. I call them "Pocket howitzer" since they are effectively just that but with less range. I brought it up in the discord forum asking for mortars to be less nuke like.

This fucking Panzer III bullshit is OP as fuck. You guys made it way too strong. Full vet ranger squad with 76 Sherman and one shot kills the entire ranger squad? Uh no, fuck you, that's bullshit. It's a panzer 3, it's a medium tank and you've got it taking out damn near everything including being able to damage 76 sherman? Why don't you tell me what the point of the rest of the tanks is? If all you need is this Panzer 3 to wreck pretty much every non-end game unit. I don't normally come onto forums and bitch but you guys gotta straighten this out (if you care at all, I know it's an old mod)
HE in general is insanely powerfull. Unless you have max vet elite unit with vet unlocks HE is absolutely killing infantry gameplay.
I also brought this up asking for a change in the overall HE system in Discord forum.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Haven't played in a while, lot has changed, Germans way too powerful

Post by MarKr »

Gotta love how people say "I haven't played for years but now BK is shit". Not caring what led to the changes, not caring that most of the stuff was requested by players...just everything is shit now, change it ASAP.

I recommend joining the Discord, as we moved from this forum there (link is in the announcement section in a pinned topic). You might find there people who will disagree that "axis are braindead easy" and I'm pretty sure there will be people who will beat you easily with allies, even with the Airborne doc.