US MG nest

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Tony_Frost

US MG nest

Post by Tony_Frost »

Hello!
US MG nest has damage system from vcoh. HP got increased a bit but still easily destroyable by LMG´s and rifles. Right now HMG squad in trench is stronger and cost effective than that crap.
My suggestion is - make US MG nest more useful, because ATM it has no really use, even with its low cost & short build time.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: US MG nest

Post by MarKr »

Well it has some features that make it unique compared to other MG nests - it can be garisoned thus gaining protection from flanks and the gunner cannot die. However the gun could get a boost. Maybe if it got the same stats as portable MG and some price increase it could work...

Wake

Post by Wake »

No, the MG nest's gun is actually fine. It's better than the regular portable US MG at suppression and killing. The bad part about this MG nest is that is has such terribly low health. Strong units like Knights Cross can destroy it from the front while being suppressed. Pioneers standing behind the nest can shoot it and destroy it in about 30 seconds.

Of the 3 MG nests, British Vickers, Wehrmacht MG42 Emplacment, and US MG, the US MG is the only one that can be destroyed just by shooting at it with small arms like rifles or even an officer's pistol.

The fact that it can be garrisoned or the gunner cannot die is a moot point because killing it is so easy. A single grenade often destroys the entire nest, while with the Brit and Wehr nests it may kill the gunner but will barely do any actual damage to the nest.

I mean, it's just ridiculous. PE Assault Grenadiers with MP44's standing behind it at close range can destroy the nest in 5 seconds.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

Garisoned MG become a 1st target to mortar or any another arty. Even in vcoh i didn see people who put soldiers into that MG often.
Looks like opinions were divided. But all of us in favor of buffing that thing somehow.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Garisoned MG become a 1st target to mortar or any another arty. Even in vcoh i didn see people who put soldiers into that MG often.

I would like to point out that if something has a feature that isn't used very often we should not overlook it as if it weren't there. If it gets a durability buff the garison feature could become quite powerful. I'm not saying that something shouldn't be done about it just whatever change it might take the feature should be taken into consideration.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

Ok. So, if the durability will be increased, garison ability should be removed, or, make that nest more expensive.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:Well it has some features that make it unique compared to other MG nests - it can be garisoned thus gaining protection from flanks and the gunner cannot die. However the gun could get a boost. Maybe if it got the same stats as portable MG and some price increase it could work...

Nice idea if you want to waste many things quickly. Well you can impriove garrionised bonus but still when it cracks down, explosve charges or incendiary grenades or rounds and all are dead anyay.
It cant be considered as "feature" that need to be maintained. Everytime when something is usless and pointless its called "feature" or "diversity" -.-

We had like 3 topics about it and two started by me. That thing has vcoh weapon stats so HF killing somehting. And dont tell me that it has greater fire angel.... its pointless when two squads attacking you. Even a single squad with LMG and some cover destroyes it before it kills the inf.

Also that looks horrible ugly and in my opinion MG nests are made into the ground/trenched+some sandbags/extra cover and top is closed. That thing is stupidly build and no cm in to ground and a tent lol wtf and gunner is unkillable. Thats so stupid for BK mod. I am requesting since a long time to add a real MG emplacment. Use tha cal 50 as model and put M1917 inside. Availble for ALL docs for 270mp and 10 ammo. Also 3 men like other emplacments which can die by grenades and bulletproof for small arms fire.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Well you can impriove garrionised bonus but still when it cracks down, explosve charges or incendiary grenades or rounds and all are dead anyay.

So trenches are actually useless? They act the same... The infantry inside can (or should be able to) fend off any attacking infantry.

It cant be considered as "feature" that need to be maintained.

I never said that. I only said that it has this feature and if some changes are considered this feature should be remembered in order not to become too powerful.

Everytime when something is usless and pointless its called "feature" or "diversity" -.-

And if we remove all units that are not used very often (aka "useless/ pointless") we'll have a mod very few units (only those mainly used would need to stay) ;)

Use tha cal 50 as model and put M1917 inside. Availble for ALL docs for 270mp and 10 ammo. Also 3 men like other emplacments which can die by grenades and bulletproof for small arms fire.

This sounds very reasonable and shouldn't be hard to implement and would make much more sense than the current immortal crew. +1 from me for this idea

EDIT: it is doable.It took me about 15 minutes to make it work - looks like .50cal emplacement just uses .30cal instead. Simple,easy,efficient :).

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
Well you can impriove garrionised bonus but still when it cracks down, explosve charges or incendiary grenades or rounds and all are dead anyay.

So trenches are actually useless? They act the same... The infantry inside can (or should be able to) fend off any attacking infantry.

It cant be considered as "feature" that need to be maintained.

I never said that. I only said that it has this feature and if some changes are considered this feature should be remembered in order not to become too powerful.

Everytime when something is usless and pointless its called "feature" or "diversity" -.-

And if we remove all units that are not used very often (aka "useless/ pointless") we'll have a mod very few units (only those mainly used would need to stay) ;)

Use tha cal 50 as model and put M1917 inside. Availble for ALL docs for 270mp and 10 ammo. Also 3 men like other emplacments which can die by grenades and bulletproof for small arms fire.

This sounds very reasonable and shouldn't be hard to implement and would make much more sense than the current immortal crew. +1 from me for this idea

EDIT: it is doable.It took me about 15 minutes to make it work - looks like .50cal emplacement just uses .30cal instead. Simple,easy,efficient :).

"Aka usless/pointless": Mighy be so but emplacments are somewhat more important in my opinion. In late game for US i would be glad to have some emplacments when having MP but no fuel. Some would say: just build movable MG´s etc. but Emplacments would draw enemie arty fire, cant get sniped and if captured the MG cant be turned against you. Also emplacment draw schreck fire as well and cover my vehicles behind the emplacments. They also give me CP which i then can use to unlock stuff to break enemie defense as i do it with inf doc. And they require no Micro which means that i can have a number of units which dont require attention all the time. Last but not least they can protect open areas better when there is no cover available for MG squads which results in unprotected sectors just because no cover was available. It also would help a team to switch it roles and that way armor player could become responsible for defense when having no fuel while for example RE could save res for some arty churchills.

Current trenches can take much more damage than the current MG emplacment but can also be used against you.

you last sentence: Thx, thx, thx...... ask to implement it:) +1 for that. If added add also for inf doc so that cal 50 and cal 30 can be build.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

I vote in favour of putting an M1917 into a Generic MG nest, like the Vickers/MG42/M2.

This solution should keep everyone happy.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

V13dweller wrote:I vote in favour of putting an M1917 into a Generic MG nest, like the Vickers/MG42/M2.

Yes, for me it will be nice too.