Traps in buildings

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
DaŇjeL_SK

Traps in buildings

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

We all know that. Enemy plays INF doc or BK so we set traps in every building on map.
But it works each time differently. Once it kills all squad once it kills only one trooper of squad. It's based on luck. But it's not a simple luck. It pays for whole game. So it's pretty annoying, when u lost all squad and in rematch your enemy easy run out of building without dramatic loose.
Is here any chance how to fix it to works every time same ? For example kill most members of squad (4 of 6) every single time ?

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Traps in buildings

Post by MarKr »

As annoying as it might be I believe that the random factor was intended here. Just think about the "fuse" when you booby trap a resource point - sometimes it goes off almost immediately and sometimes it takes several seconds so the squad has time to take the safe distance and then capture the point safely... same random priciple applies when you booby trap a building, I guess.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

It's even more annoying when you know that the point is trapped, u actiavte it then quicly move your inf to avoid explosions, and they go right into it ;D.

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

MarKr wrote:As annoying as it might be I believe that the random factor was intended here. Just think about the "fuse" when you booby trap a resource point - sometimes it goes off almost immediately and sometimes it takes several seconds so the squad has time to take the safe distance and then capture the point safely... same random priciple applies when you booby trap a building, I guess.

ok.... but here we are... he knows there are traps, I know he will die if he will send them there... then he will act like noob a sent them there... they all survived, because of random luck and blow up my defence... here we are and it looks, it's better sometimes act not like good player, who don't want risk that

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

because of random luck and blow up my defence... here we are and it looks, it's better sometimes act not like good player, who don't want risk that

Well, doesn't that apply both ways? If he knows the building is wired and he sends them in,the random factor ensures that he cannot know if he'll suffer high/low casulties so even when he risks it, he might end up losing the squad.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I think its less a random factor but talking about booby traps in general. In recent games booby traps did never anything (sometimes killing 1 men) when being activated by veted superhumans. In past games RAF, stormtoopers and AB ranger (all veted). Other units died even when they instantly retreated. Guess its rather a problem with the massive HP of some veted superhumans.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wake

Post by Wake »

Warhawks97 wrote:I think its less a random factor but talking about booby traps in general. In recent games booby traps did never anything (sometimes killing 1 men) when being activated by veted superhumans. In past games RAF, stormtoopers and AB ranger (all veted). Other units died even when they instantly retreated. Guess its rather a problem with the massive HP of some veted superhumans.

Yes, I play scorched earth a lot as PE and love to place booby traps. Often the enemy gets smart and starts to capture my points with snipers, lieutenants, and if they are really wise, they have the armor doc player unlock the light vehicle capture ability and use jeeps, which are completely undamaged by booby traps.

Once I saw a player use a halftrack to get around this. He puts his infantry squad right next to the halftrack and the point, so that when his squad starts capturing the point, he immediately puts them in the halftrack and they take no damage. Once the explosions are done after a few seconds, he can safely capture the point.