firestorm + sector arty

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Viper

firestorm + sector arty

Post by Viper »

was testing yesterday with tiger and we came up with this creative idea:

how about we merge firestorm with sector artillery?
so it will be sector artillery (yellow zone) but instead of landing shells....it's landing firestorm rockets

duration = 1 min
price = 125 ammo
command points = 3

Warhawks97

Re: firestorm + sector arty

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sector firestorm? Lol.

So there lands a firestorm missile on each target? No way. It would also only harm inf.

And these two don't fit thematically together. Artillery is the more accurate type of artillery, rocket and missile arty the barrage type of arty.

So I don't like it at all and I don't see why it should be that way.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Warhawks97 wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 10:39
So there lands a firestorm missile on each target? No way. It would also only harm inf.
Currently the Firestorm does not harm anything, so...

I think the idea could be a nice mix of both abilities to be fair.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Its simply not needed. Again? Why? Drop one firestorm missile on a single target?

I would even more feel like playing Dota where some sort of fireball crashes down upon a targeted enemie hero (unit). We dont gain anything from that except for some really silly looking ability.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Tbh, i like sector arty beeing removed.
Firestorm needs to be reverted in terms of ddamage or needs a cost drop.
Nerf Mencius

Krieger Blitzer

Thing is, Sector Arty is a defensive ability (which fits more with the SE doc theme being a defensive doc).

Whereas the Firestorm is an offensive ability (which is currently just broken weak in the beta) but i'd rather have Sector Arty over Firestorm for this doc.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

even if so, its just superboring to use or to play against.
This ability needs to be reworked, or needs to stay out of the game.
Nerf Mencius

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 14:37
Thing is, Sector Arty is a defensive ability (which fits more with the SE doc theme being a defensive doc).
Sector Arty is an ability that instantly deals a lot of damage and denies a whole sector for 5 minutes which is enough time to get yourself a counter for any unit currently in a game and considering SE needs little fuel you can drop sector arty any time with fuel exchange.
Also sector arty is just boring to face because the only way to counter it is to go afk.

Krieger Blitzer

tarakancheg wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 15:25
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
Sector Arty is an ability that instantly deals a lot of damage and denies a whole sector for 5 minutes which is enough time to get yourself a counter for any unit currently in a game and considering SE needs little fuel you can drop sector arty any time with fuel exchange.
Also sector arty is just boring to face because the only way to counter it is to go afk.
I don't deny that, but it's suggested that Sector Arty would come back after being re-worked to lower duration & reduced cost.

Overall, seeing the recent off-map nerf(s) i think we need to address the topic of off-maps generally in the game.. because currently it seems to me that some off-maps are being targetted with changes whereas orther equivelants aren't.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:

Whereas the Firestorm is an offensive ability (which is currently just broken weak in the beta) but i'd rather have Sector Arty over Firestorm for this doc.
Wasn't there some complaint that SE is too defensive and has quite hard time on offense? If we look away from the current state of Firestorm (where it probably covers too large area with too few rockets), how is it a bad thing that SE gets something that helps a little on the offense?

Krieger Blitzer

MarKr wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 19:20
Wasn't there some complaint that SE is too defensive and has quite hard time on offense? If we look away from the current state of Firestorm (where it probably covers too large area with too few rockets), how is it a bad thing that SE gets something that helps a little on the offense?
Not bad at all, it's good how SE got something offensive.. but not at the cost of losing the Sector Arty (although i know people complained about it so that's why i think it should have some re-work, rather not removed altogether) so what i am saying is more so that if i had to choose between the 2 abilities, then i would stick with Sector Arty in that case.. but personally i think having both is no harm, and thus Sector Arty shouldn't have been removed in my opinion.