Beta camouflage change

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
MEFISTO

Beta camouflage change

Post by MEFISTO »

I don’t really mind this change, actually it makes a lot of sense that a unit on a fight can’t go on camouflage, BUT snipers will suffer this change so much, especially vs CW Tomys infantry. I think this change needs to be reverted at least for snipers ( one man, one shoot, 350mp)

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Beta camouflage change

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Wait, there is a change on camo in the beta? Nowhere mentioned in the change-log.
So even i didn't realize this...

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 04:48
Wait, there is a change on camo in the beta? Nowhere mentioned in the change-log.
Yes, when in combat units can’t go back to camouflage until combat stops. This will hurt snipers a lot.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MEFISTO wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 05:27
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 04:48
Yes, when in combat units can’t go back to camouflage until combat stops. This will hurt snipers a lot.
Even if the sniper crawls?

This was to stop random infantry from not firing/getting camo bonuses in combat.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Krieger Blitzer

MEFISTO wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 05:27
Agreed if so.

i'm quite concerned why such a crucial and extremely important change was never mentioned on the change-log.. and i'm wondering what else wasn't mentioned. I hope it's just that it was forgotten to be included in the patch notes, otherwise i am starting not to like where this is going...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 05:36
i'm quite concerned why such a crucial and extremely important change was never mentioned on the change-log.. and i'm wondering what else wasn't mentioned. I hope it's just that it was forgotten to be included in the patch notes, otherwise i am starting not to like where this is going...
When working on updates, I keep listing the changes as they get implemented. When announcing a new update, I write down a reason for a change and then copy-paste the part of the list that has something to do with that change (sometimes parts because things can be at a different places on my list). With all the writing and copying, it is not that hard to miss something.
If I wanted to add sHaDoWnErFsSs, I wouldn't bother with adding texts that explain why the ability is disabled in combat:
crawl.jpg
I hope it was just unfortunately worded expression of surprise, otherwise I am starting not to like where it is going.

EDIT:
Units cannot shoot when they are crawling - that is still the same. For snipers the crawl ability is used to move the sniper undetected into cover, wait a few seconds for the passive camo to kick in, then disable crawl and then the sniper can shoot. The behavior in passive camo is unchanged so the only impact on snipers is that you cannot let him fire a shot and immediately activate crawl to camo him.

Krieger Blitzer

MarKr wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 10:28
I hope it was just unfortunately worded expression of surprise
Well, yes.. i was indeed surprised & quite frustrated that i only learnt about this when MEFISTO posted on it.. but ye, i am not neccessarily accusing any of you for intentionally trying to hide something, & i completely understand such things can be missed sometimes, that totally happens.. so i didn't mean to call you out for it, or claim any "shadownerfs" or whatnot.. actually i applaud the change & respect the efforts, gonna test it & provide feedback as well.. thx for clarifiying.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Well, I love it. And snipers a plenty strong for 300mp without the abuse of going stealth AFTER shooting.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Redgaarden wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 13:14
Well, I love it. And snipers a plenty strong for 300mp without the abuse of going stealth AFTER shooting.
Agreed.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Redgaarden wrote:
This change (for snipers only) will turn this unit in one shoot unit. No way that you can abuse of camouflage with snipers since it takes a while after go (camo crawl) to recover the passive camouflage to shoot again. This unit 350mp 1 man will suffer especially vs tomys with their precision shoot, then would you agree on removing that ability from tomys to don’t abuse vs snipers?

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MEFISTO wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 15:07
Redgaarden wrote:
This change (for snipers only) will turn this unit in one shoot unit. No way that you can abuse of camouflage with snipers since it takes a while after go (camo crawl) to recover the passive camouflage to shoot again. This unit 350mp 1 man will suffer especially vs tomys with their precision shoot, then would you agree on removing that ability from tomys to don’t abuse vs snipers?
Perhaps snipers could get an extra +5 range or reduction to 250mp from 300?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Krieger Blitzer

Not an advocate of "let's remove this ability & that ability from the game" (the same way i am against removing Firestorm or Sector Arty and didn't support Flank Speed removal although i don't really mind it anyways) but if the Rifle Section sniper ability is too much after the crawl nerf for snipers, then i wouldn't mind removing the ability from Rifle Sections accordingly.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 15:22
Not an advocate of "let's remove this ability & that ability from the game" (the same way i am against removing Firestorm or Sector Arty and didn't support Flank Speed removal although i don't really mind it anyways) but if the Rifle Section sniper ability is too much after the crawl nerf for snipers, then i wouldn't mind removing the ability from Rifle Sections accordingly.
honestly, i would have linked this ability to a "scoped enfield" upgrade pretty much like in vcoh.

The Section can buy two scoped enfields that have increased accuracy for 50 ammo and on top of that have a sniper ability with somewhat less range than normal snipers do.

The inf section in general is much cooler in vcoh than in BK.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Tested this further, snipers are unable to re-camo as long as they are aiming.. which means pretty much you can snipe 1 soldier then run away or retreat.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Redgaarden wrote:
agreed, even tho the 1 limit was a great change, it is almost dumb not to get one for 300MP.

Still, i wouldnt mind if it gets reverted for the sniper only.
Nerf Mencius

Viper

Post by Viper »

bump
snipers are very bad now