Jagdtiger mg

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Kasbah

Jagdtiger mg

Post by Kasbah »

Hi,

It's known and it has been largely discussed the silly and nonsense infantry frontal rushes we have in BK that allow basically any section, even the weakest, to immobilize/destroy a tank with almost no losses. This is especially disturbing with expensive super heavyes, like the Jagdtiger. As for the moment there is no solution for this important issue we could give to the Jagdtiger the 35 ammo mg option, like the other jagds. I don't like paying 35 ammo for something that should be implicit (hence free) and it's not very effective but it's better than nothing. I am aware that the JT has a very powerful HE mode, but it almost often misses the target and directly hits the ground, as the terrain has to be absolutely plain in order to work (while immobilizing infantry weapons don't miss because of the that)

Maybe this option could replace the AP rounds that are totally redundant in this tank.
Last edited by Kasbah on 25 Apr 2015, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: Jagdtiger mg

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

So, it will be Stupa with 250mm frontal armor, nice:D

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

when you pay 2000 mp plus all the buildings plus all the upgrades you can at least expect not to have it immobilized by less than 350 mp inf sections throwing all kind of shit in front a 128mm cannon and an MG. If this happens on the sides and on the back I got absolutely no problem with that. Another thing will be to make the HE really useful instead of hitting the ground almost always and wasting 35 ammo.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Kasbah wrote:when you pay 2000 mp plus all the buildings plus all the upgrades you can at least expect not to have it immobilized by less than 350 mp inf sections throwing all kind of shit in front a 128mm cannon and an MG. If this happens on the sides and on the back I got absolutely no problem with that. Another thing will be to make the HE really useful instead of hitting the ground almost always and wasting 35 ammo.

its a general prob of single HE shots. Its often like dropping out of the barrel exploding right under it.

I would actually prefer to have for all tanks a HE round duration (but which can be manually deactivated before the timer ends). Like Stug III or Armor doc Jumbo sherman has it currently. Booth activate HE for a duration for a few seconds so that they make 3 HE shots. It cost 35 ammo.

It would also add some new tactical possibilities as not seldomly tanks used HE rounds against targets which they cant penetrated. Using HE rounds against such targets had the chance to damage parts of the enemie tank like their treads, gunsights etc. In some cases -when the shell delivered enough HE such as the 88 mm and 90 mm rounds did- they were able to deal some damage against targets which they actually couldnt penetrate.

But these single HE round shots are just a waste. Upgrade and shot cost between 50-65 ammo (or more) and they do nothing else than dropping out of the barrel without hitting anything. Personally i never upgrade even the HE rounds for such units.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I was thinking about of what if we give the Terror doc Tiger tank a similar HE rounds mode to that one which is working on the normal M4 Sherman currently?! :twisted: Hoooraaa 8-)