Blitzkrieg ability

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

Should the BK ability get a buff/change?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 10

Consti255

Blitzkrieg ability

Post by Consti255 »

Community question.
Do you often use this ability? Because i dont, while i think this is a pretty cool and unique ability it is a little bit to expensive for what it gives you.
I know the stats are pretty brutal, but the costs are insane aswell, for its duration aswell. While pathing and timing is really key, i often find myself wasting 140ammo.

Do you think it should get a little bit buffed in terms of cost reduction or maybe even a duration increase?
Maybe even a change for effected units? Maybe exclude the Panther to make the P4, Stug the biggest tanks useing it in exchange for cost reduction or anything else?
Nerf Mencius

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Blitzkrieg ability

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hmm, wasn't it 125 ammo iirc ? The duration is okay-ish for the price.. but 1 thing i could think of; is the ability would cost 75 ammo but would no longer affect all your units, as it would only affect units located within a specific rectangle\circle.. more like the opposite of propaganda ability.

Overall, i don't mind it remaining as it is since i also think it's fine now.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I never use it, it’s insanely overpriced for what it does.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I’d reduce it to 100 muni and see how it goes.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Reduce price to 100 Muni and allow ability to increase turret turn speed so that your tank may actually track their targets on the move like they are supposed to with this ability?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

And here we are back again at the huge ammount of ammo requirments. Personally i dont think 125 ammo is too much for what it gives you. It makes every unit, including AT guns and pumas etc to move and fire/reload much faster. Reload times are essentially halfed and on top of that makes all tanks crush hedgerows etc.

So i would argue its one of the most powerfull abilities in this game. If you think about it, upgrading a a Panther or Panzer IV J costs arround 75 ammo or more in total and using AP rounds costs another 50. So just for a single tank AP upgrade and use you have to pay 75 ammo. You can just as well use two tanks without AP rounds and instead use this ability to simply double your RoF.

Hence i am personally against a cost drop since this ability cost-effectivness depends on your army size. Most players prefer single powerfull units so for them it seems like 125 ammo is overpriced. Ofc, when i have a Panther i prefer to use all ammo on this tank to make it as powerfull as possible and spare the ammo for its abilities.But sometimes you can just bump your ressources into a pair of Panzer IV J´s or a Panzer IV J+ stubby Panzer IIII and two pumas and then use this ability. Its a hell of a barrage combined with a brutal speed that literally falls upon your enemie.

Also its effectivness depends on the map. If you play at goodwood a 3 vs 3 or a 2 vs 2 on hill 112 or simply Rosmalen and use numbers rather than single beefed up units this ability becomes a real game changer.

So again, what i would do instead is to take a look at the ammo vs fuel requirments. The global abilities arent overpriced in any way. The only issue i see is the super huge ammo hungry BK gameplay and the fact that ammo is always short in supply. In this example here it would for example be cool to have the chance to use an artillery barrage from a maultier for instance followed up by a brutal Blitzkrieg assault. But unless you play at goodwood and have every ammo point OPed i wasnt really able to pull something like this off due to constant ammo shortages.

So, instead, raise tank fuel cost, reduce their ammo requirments massively so that ammo can be spend more on abilities like these.

But given how powerfull this ability can be, esspecially on certain maps with a lot of room (+ tank IV´s can simply crush hedgerows) and when playing BK doc in numbers, i have no other option as to say that i am completely against this cost drop. As said, dropping it to 100 ammo would end up in certain players totally abusing this ability.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

tarakancheg wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 11:14
Reduce price to 100 Muni and allow ability to increase turret turn speed so that your tank may actually track their targets on the move like they are supposed to with this ability?
I prefer that no abilities should ever affect turret speeds.

Also, here i agree with Hawks; the ability is fine now in my opinion.
Yet, i still disagree with tank prices revisions or raising fuel costs.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 14:02
tarakancheg wrote:
Main problem with this ability is that some tanks (PZ 4J and Panther D2) already have awful turn rate and with increased speed and reduced accuracy i would prefer to not use this ability at all if i have any of these tanks because they just wont be able to shoot on the move AND have reduced accuracy so using it for attack is more of a problem then help for you.
We could also try splitting this ability in 2 different abilities:1 for tanks and vehics and other buffs inf and support weapons if we can manage to get a slot for second ability or just add these 2 abilities to a command tank.
OR
Possibly very stupid and imbalanced idea is to make ALL infatry abilities that require ammo free for the duration of Blitzkrieg.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

tarakancheg wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 14:49
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 14:02
tarakancheg wrote:
Main problem with this ability is that some tanks (PZ 4J and Panther D2) already have awful turn rate and with increased speed and reduced accuracy i would prefer to not use this ability at all if i have any of these tanks because they just wont be able to shoot on the move AND have reduced accuracy so using it for attack is more of a problem then help for you.
We could also try splitting this ability in 2 different abilities:1 for tanks and vehics and other buffs inf and support weapons if we can manage to get a slot for second ability or just add these 2 abilities to a command tank.
OR
Possibly very stupid and imbalanced idea is to make ALL infatry abilities that require ammo free for the duration of Blitzkrieg.

The accuracy drops somewhat but whenever i used it the rof made up for it, esspecially when you use more than only one tank. Vet and stuff can also help to mitigate this effect. Also splitting the ability for different unit types doesnt make much sense either to me. Blitzkrieg simply means a quick lighting strike with all you got. In coh2 they added "Blitzkrieg" as an ability to single tanks unlocked with vet. But that caused huge outrate in many games since this ability was only used for "quick retreat". So if we split it up for different unit types it would just become a new troll ability for low cost. Like an improved global flank speed ability. So i am against it.

As i said, i dont see the issue with the cost of the ability. Its at a right spot where it can be usefull but also not dirty cheap to become a braindead-trolling-ability for low cost.

And this is not the only global ability that suffers from an overall lack of ammo. How often do you see Armor doc "Allied War Machinery in use? Barely. Is it too cheap? Not for what it does. But just like everywhere in BK, ammo is a chronical problem.
Build more AA Walderschmidt