Stuart HE

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Mood

Stuart HE

Post by Mood »

Is it just me or is Stuart light tank HE overtuned? I've been one-shotting whole squads with it quote often, no matter if they're in the open, in a house, behind green cover or in a trench.
For its cheap price I feel like it's a hard counter to infantry currently. I suggest slightly toning down the HE damage (or AoE) so not every single shot kills a whole squad.

Thoughts?

Consti255

Re: Stuart HE

Post by Consti255 »

37mm HE right now overperforms on every unit for my taste.
This goes for the german pak36, the 37mm HT and Stuart.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

every 37 mm HE is quite powerfull atm. Germans have smaller AoE but high damage, Stuart Sherman like AoE area along with decent damage.

Sherman 75 mm HE:
Damage: 80
AoE: 7
AoE Distance: 1/3/5/6
AoE Damage modifier: 1/0.7/0.6/0.5
AoE penetration: 1.1/0.8/0.75/0.5 (However, pen vs inf is modified by x10 anyways)
Damage vs infantry modifier: 1.5

Stuart HE:
Damage: 50-60
AoE: 7
AoE Distance: 1/3/5/6
AoE Damage modifier: 2/1.45/1.1/0.7
AoE penetration: 1.5/1.1/0.9/0.75 (However, pen vs inf is modified by x10 anyways)
Damage vs infantry modifier: 1.5

So there are occassioans when stuart deals more damage than a 75 mm HE sherman. Essentially it seems to me that this is always the case.

But anyways, there are many AoE´s that could be looked at. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4751
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Mood

Post by Mood »

To clarify, I didn't only mean Stuart light tank, but all equivalent perma-HE's like that like both of you mentioned.
I feel like one-shotting a whole squad (often on the first shot) is way too OP and makes infantry less valuable. This is especially noticeable with the cheapest units (like Stuart, the 37mm cannon etc).
I'd be more okay with that happening if it's an expensive "late-game" vehicle doing it.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

I think it also have 100% accuracy against trenchered units lmao

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Agreed on Stuart(s) & 37mm AT gun HE only.. the rest is fine in my opinion.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 00:39
The 37mm HT from WH is also overperforming for my likeing in its HE mode.
Nerf Mencius

Krieger Blitzer

Consti255 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 14:51
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 00:39
The 37mm HT from WH is also overperforming for my likeing in its HE mode.
it used to, but it has been nerfed.. less range & less damage, currently it's not that good.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I took a look at these units and there were several problems. The PaK36 was set up in such a way that when it fired and shot missed, it always landed so close to the target that it still hit/killed the soldier(s). Stuart had the AoE damage set very close to that of Sherman so getting a Stuart was much cheaper while only little less effective in terms of damage so it was in a way overlapping with M4 Sherman. Similar could be said about the halftrack with PaK36 in BK doctrine where it was about as deadly as the the Puma with stubby 75mm gun - this time even bigger overlap.

We made some changes and unified them in performance and AoE. They should one-shot squads less often as their damage was brought down a bit and AoE unified at "5". They can still one-shot a squad if the shot hits directly and the squad is clustered together (e.g. hiding in a crater). The loss of damage is compensated by added suppressive effect so if a shot doesn't wipe the squad but hits close enough, the squad will get suppressed.
We'll see how that works and will adjust as needed.

Krieger Blitzer

MarKr wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 14:34
I took a look at these units and there were several problems. The PaK36 was set up in such a way that when it fired and shot missed, it always landed so close to the target that it still hit/killed the soldier(s). Stuart had the AoE damage set very close to that of Sherman so getting a Stuart was much cheaper while only little less effective in terms of damage so it was in a way overlapping with M4 Sherman. Similar could be said about the halftrack with PaK36 in BK doctrine where it was about as deadly as the the Puma with stubby 75mm gun - this time even bigger overlap.

We made some changes and unified them in performance and AoE. They should one-shot squads less often as their damage was brought down a bit and AoE unified at "5". They can still one-shot a squad if the shot hits directly and the squad is clustered together (e.g. hiding in a crater). The loss of damage is compensated by added suppressive effect so if a shot doesn't wipe the squad but hits close enough, the squad will get suppressed.
+1 Koolz

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MarKr wrote:

nice, ty Markr.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:

Thx for that already. thats the kind of thing i would like to see with many AoE weapons basically. Most have either an "normal" AoE like tanks which have a 7 AoE but any soldier caught in it gets massive damage.

If we take a normal sherman HE for instance with its AoE of 7 and 80 base damage still deals 60 damage even at its edge of AoE.
Axis 75 mm HE usually has even 95 damage and with all modifiers applied deal 71,25 damage. So they are absolutely shredding inf. Only high tiered high vet elites stand somewhat of a chance.

And then there are AoE monsters like the 81 mm mortar which even surpases 105 arty in terms of blast reach.
Maybe enable them to swap between normal and heavy shells or something.

But generally the AoE of many weapons in this game is pretty scary either in terms of damage or affected area.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Mood

Post by Mood »

Thanks MarKr, sounds great!