PE Combined arms unlocks

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

PE Combined arms unlocks

Post by Warhawks97 »

I got told to better seperate this idea to be discussed easier.
Infantry Support (Proposal).jpg
Infantry Support (Proposal).jpg (24.71 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
So, thats my thought on it. The way TS doc is able to use infantry alongside vehicles and tanks is pretty close to what i have always imagined how PE in general should be as a faction. A very mobile force that is using its infantry alongisde with vehicles and tanks in a powerfull and unique way.

So instead of being some sort of "TS doc" only thing, i would request to have this as a factionwide unlock and remove the big ass squad sizes PE is able to form in exchange for a much more mobile force.

The first unlock that combines infantry and vehicles can be purchased right after the logistic company has been build and costs 180 MP and 20 fuel. The second can be upgradded as soon as the Tank support building has been build for 220 MP and 25 fuel again
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Consti255

Re: PE Combined arms unlocks

Post by Consti255 »

Spoken with Kwok over the change, since i wanted his oppinnion for this change, because he was the main doc designer of TS. I think in general it is a great idea and i would love such change.
The problem is what Kwok told me and i will agree here, that this would be a flat buff to all PE docs, and good micro players will abuse such change (even tho i would love to see this happen), while people with less micro will bitch about such changes since they dont understand in general how buffs on units work and how to use them properly. Sticking with, give me back my 7. men.

While i support a overall change from the WSC and ISC that the unlocks should cost fuel, i think doing a fuel cost without a complete change how unlocks work is critic. People wont get it, because they want to spam tanks, tier up or get down arty.
While the buffs are most impactful, when getting them early into the game.

In general from my side, absolutely YES, but i think we have to thought out it a little bit more.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Consti255 wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 10:52
Spoken with Kwok over the change, since i wanted his oppinnion for this change, because he was the main doc designer of TS. I think in general it is a great idea and i would love such change.
The problem is what Kwok told me and i will agree here, that this would be a flat buff to all PE docs, and good micro players will abuse such change (even tho i would love to see this happen), while people with less micro will bitch about such changes since they dont understand in general how buffs on units work and how to use them properly. Sticking with, give me back my 7. men.
I am currently playing vcoh from time to time and in the entire franchise you have factions that work totally different and require different sort of skill. Thats NORMAL. Idk when or why and how we started to change BK in a way that it is more or less no problem to master all factions when you can master one faction.

That mirroring stuff just to please some guys who always want to play the game the same way regardless of doctrines and factions just pisses me off. I mean usually its like this: Be carefull with your early inf, get some sandbags, get important fuel and ammo, dig in and get tanks and arty asap. Thats so retarded.

And why are we pleasing these coach potatos everytime.
Just an example from my current job that i have. My "Boss" told me the following about technology and IT stuff: "You always have to consider `DAUs´ when doing something." DAU stands for "Dümmster anzunehmender User". In English this means "Most stupid assumed user".
And apparently BK is the same now. Dont make something too different and complex. It might require skill what people dont want to have anymore. They only want to unlock the same arty and tank paths over and over. They dont want a demanding game or at least one demanding faction.
Personally i think US and WH should be the more easy and forgivable factions. CW and PE on the other hand more difficult. CW based on a more slowly approach where you push your enemies back and where you have to be carefull with your units which are extremely potent when well used. On the other hand the mobile PE faction that you just cant play with "Sandbag tactics". To be honest i would even remove sandbags, trenches and bunkers from normal Pgrens and leave sandbags to the assault pios.
But this extrem mirroring of WH and PE is so harmfull for the game that i wonder why PE even exists. TS doc for instance is for me a doctrine that copied Bk doc where you use medium tank spam+quite capable infantry to get over your enemie just that TS has some "Terror special" at their disposal like King Tiger. And def and SE is just an artillery competition.

Can we pls get just rid of this permanent "pleasing the DAU" (Most stupid assumed user) mentality that i have to face at my work already?! We are losing so many passioned players that really like to show some skills with their unit handling instead of just hugging sandbags.

Like why not. WH has normal 6 men squads that are really tough defenders with sandbags, trenches rifles and lmgs while PE is an almost crazy like mobile force with lighting strike capabilities are their factional uniqueness.
Basic Pgrens would be 5 men with the ability to get G43´s and LMG42 and 70 HP per men.

Heavy assault Grens are 4-5 men strong starting with STG and MP40 right away and able to get more STG´s or an additional lmg42 that are permanently sticking with vehicles, mainly HT´s to quickly strike and run while receiving cover from vehicles.

Why do we really always have to please these boring sandbag dudes. Like just WHY?

And kowk, for real now, if you can hear me. Most of the time you play 1 vs 1 or a different game anyways. If you play in a team you can be super aggressive and mobile with PE which is a lot of fun and even for you its fun to play this way. Why are you always so utterly defending those who never dare a move that would involve to leave the sandbags and emplacments.
It makes me so sad that i am currently enjoying vcoh more than BK simply because of its huge diversity. BK has just big ass doctrines with lots of unlocks of which many dont get used anyways and factions looking like sibblings, esspecially on german side.

While i support a overall change from the WSC and ISC that the unlocks should cost fuel, i think doing a fuel cost without a complete change how unlocks work is critic. People wont get it, because they want to spam tanks, tier up or get down arty.
While the buffs are most impactful, when getting them early into the game.
I wish the balance between research and tiering would be like in vcoh. There you really have to make decisions. You can tier insanely fast there but what you field then is super weak and helpess without support.
Or you can spend your fuel into research to improve what you have on the field but delay high tier units.
PE for instance can either fully buff its inf first when spending all fuel into every inf upgrade or you can just get the required buildings and tec to rush the Panther battlegroup call in which alone cant do shit due to bad infantry support.

But in BK you always just tier asap and get the best tank asap. There is literally no downside when you max tier instantly, only advantages over those who dont.
Same with unlock lines. Why wouldnt you unlock the line that unlocks 4 tanks in a row, from Panzer IV to King Tiger or from 76 sherman to Pershing. You just never make a mistake when doing so. Its so fucking boring.

Also i dont expect DAUs to understand anything. Like: "oh, why cant i get a Pershing/KT and all WSC/ISC upgrades within 10 minutes?"

In general from my side, absolutely YES, but i think we have to thought out it a little bit more.
Go the DAU way of life. Never think of anything. Then you dont have to think at all in your life anymore. in 1991 after the cold war someone said that it is "The End of History". Perhaps he meant "Its the End of Human Thinking" but didnt want to speak it out too loud in fear of getting punished from all the DAU like people out there.

Boy, i can remember what a fight it was to get rid of the infinite permanent MG´s in Bunkers and the insane spam of those. Or the naked 88´s that were indestructible and which required an entire crusade first to get it fixed. Or what fight it was to finally fix the stupa. But somehow at that time Wolf had the spirit to do so and to end the Bunker madness in BK and suddenly a a lot of players came back and new joined. And even there people said "Dont change or people will leave". Quite the opposite has happned when the stupa madness was over. I think most people like changes in general but get disappointed when no changes happen.

The bad thing is that often times the "no sayers" and "status quo" guys who benefit from a system the most are also those defending it the loudest in fear of losing their position. Thats quite common. The bad thing is that a huge part of the population (in this case players) will sooner or later turn away from it giving up and not expecting anything to change for the better anymore.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is a "no" from me for the reasons that Consti mentioned.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:07

Can you then pls rename the faction into "Sandbag Elite"?"
PANZERgrenadiers that can build Bunkers, Trenches and Wires but are barely able to fight in synergy with vehicles in an effective way and offensively

Sandbag Elite FTW and forever.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 05 Apr 2022, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 11:45

Like why not. WH has normal 6 men squads that are really tough defenders with sandbags, trenches rifles and lmgs while PE is an almost crazy like mobile force with lighting strike capabilities are their factional uniqueness.
Basic Pgrens would be 5 men with the ability to get G43´s and LMG42 and 70 HP per men.

Heavy assault Grens are 4-5 men strong starting with STG and MP40 right away and able to get more STG´s or an additional lmg42 that are permanently sticking with vehicles, mainly HT´s to quickly strike and run while receiving cover from vehicles.
Mhh... 5men i could see. But 3-4 ? Absolutely freaking not. The game arround 6 players sqauds, thats what they choosed, which i am fine with. With the BK damage system, heavy assault grens would be utter dogshit.
But yes, i would actually trade away a bit of firepower, for mobility and strike force. Since you should stick with HTs, which can reinforce on the move. So people who play with combined arms, get a reward. It is a fast, but risky playstyle due to mortars, offmaps and other arty. BUT in terms of playstyle, it would set appart PE away from the WH docs and faction. I like that.
Warhawks97 wrote:
nd kowk, for real now, if you can hear me. Most of the time you play 1 vs 1 or a different game anyways. If you play in a team you can be super aggressive and mobile with PE which is a lot of fun and even for you its fun to play this way. Why are you always so utterly defending those who never dare a move that would involve to leave the sandbags and emplacments.
It makes me so sad that i am currently enjoying vcoh more than BK simply because of its huge diversity. BK has just big ass doctrines with lots of unlocks of which many dont get used anyways and factions looking like sibblings, esspecially on german side.
TBH, this isnt Kwoks fault, people will bitch over this changes which i understood aswell. Also he played the last days some games with me on 2v2s or even 3v3s. The problem with the current meta arent the Devs,Maps or anything, its the people which doesnt want to change their playstyle. Combine with some game mechanics aswell. (cheap arty cheap tanks). But mostly its the players.
Played a recent game with Tara against Kommodore and a other medium guy. This game was AMAZING. Not too long, no arty spam, nice combined arms from both sides. This was BK to its top peak and we all agreed there. (Unless Kommodore at some time because he got perma debuffed from Prop LOL).
Warhawks97 wrote:
But in BK you always just tier asap and get the best tank asap. There is literally no downside when you max tier instantly, only advantages over those who dont.
Same with unlock lines. Why wouldnt you unlock the line that unlocks 4 tanks in a row, from Panzer IV to King Tiger or from 76 sherman to Pershing. You just never make a mistake when doing so. Its so fucking boring.
agreed, but different topic.

Warhawks97 wrote:
The bad thing is that often times the "no sayers" and "status quo" guys who benefit from a system the most are also those defending it the loudest in fear of losing their position. Thats quite common. The bad thing is that a huge part of the population (in this case players) will sooner or later turn away from it giving up and not expecting anything to change for the better anymore.
agreed.
Nerf Mencius

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MarKr wrote:
No in general, or possible with changes?
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Consti255 wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:13
Mhh... 5men i could see. But 3-4 ? Absolutely freaking not.
was a typing mistake. Meant 4-5. My bad.

TBH, this isnt Kwoks fault, people will bitch over this changes which i understood aswell. Also he played the last days some games with me on 2v2s or even 3v3s. The problem with the current meta arent the Devs,Maps or anything, its the people which doesnt want to change their playstyle. Combine with some game mechanics aswell. (cheap arty cheap tanks). But mostly its the players.
Played a recent game with Tara against Kommodore and a other medium guy. This game was AMAZING. Not too long, no arty spam, nice combined arms from both sides. This was BK to its top peak and we all agreed there. (Unless Kommodore at some time because he got perma debuffed from Prop LOL).
I know. I dont blame kwok to be the reason for it. But i dont understand that he keeps defending what he doesnt like.
I also watched the game. Was nice to watch it and the best i saw in a while.
Kommodore however was right. These double and tripple debuffs when using tiger+ officer are just hilarious. So that was understandable. He just couldnt win a fight due to permanent debuffs and their tanks took ages to actually hit one stupid tank IV.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Warhawks97 wrote:
Sure, good idea. Coming up in the next update.
Consti255 wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:15
Since it would be a flat buff for the whole faction, I would say no in general.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MarKr wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:29
Warhawks97 wrote:
Sure, good idea. Coming up in the next update.
Consti255 wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:15
But for example, we would shrink their sqaud sices down to 5, there will be no upgrade for a sqaud size increase. Would this be to powerful? Aswell, you could cut away there abilitys to deploy so much defensive structures. This wouldnt just change up a little bit the PE playstyle, but also would bring storm pios back into the meta aswell. Since you will need them for building defensives and other stuff.
SE grens would still keep some defensive tools i would say. Also this buffs would just applay to Gren, Heavy Grens and the AT sqaud. So Luft wouldnt get a insane buff, nor stormpios would be abbuseive.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:

I mean Pgrens can build sandbags, wires, trenches and so on. The build menu is so crowded that in SE doc there is no place for the sandbags anymore due to the road-blocks!

Why is the infantry that in coh origin, in its name and by its original intention and even in coh 2 and 3 supposed to be a purely offensive unit has only defensive capabilities and the largest defensive structure build menu of ALL infantry in the game.
Not even brits inf has so many defensive structures and not even Volksgrens in def doc! Even inf doc requires a special unlock to enable rifleman to build any defensive measures.

But why has PE been chosen to be the largest ass camping faction in the entire game? Even CW has 5 men assault squad with stens!

Why cant we get rid of defensive measures from Pgrens and Assault grens and leave this for the Pios. Only SE doc would enable the normal PEgrens do build defensive measures after a doctrinal unlock like in inf doc.

Also i wonder why Tiger has nothing against Panzergrens being purely defensive despite its name suggesting the complete opposite while TD´s that cant ambush are wrong.
He would have to support any idea that makes Pgrens more offensive and combined arms orientated in the same way as he defends that every TD has to be an ambush unit. Generally speaking, a TD or TH that cant ambush is afterall a TD. But a PANZERgrenadier that can only build and hug sandbags with little to no offensive power or combined arms capabilties is just a Grenadier and not a PANZERgrenadier because figthing with vehicles is the most defining factor of an PANZERgrenadier.

In voch they are pretty vulnerable without vehicle support and in later cohs they also have a purely offensive role and sometimes are called in together with an HT.
MarKr wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:29
You can always trade something to maintain balance. Thats what we always do.

1. 5 men squads
2. Assault grens have no rifles and only short range weapons like STG and MP40
3. No defensive structures for them unless perhaps you have a single SE unlock thing that might enable them.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

You can always trade something to maintain balance. Thats what we always do.

1. 5 men squads
2. Assault grens have no rifles and only short range weapons like STG and MP40
3. No defensive structures for them unless perhaps you have a single SE unlock thing that might enable them.
5 man perma sprint squads with smg seems kinda fun/op to me. It would be fun for seal clubbing and nothing else. Pe can't even build mg nests. I wouldn't mind removing trenches because those are pretty un-fun to play against.

What should be the cost of this squad full of mp40/stg? 300 mp? should they be able to repair?
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Consti255 wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:35
But for example, we would shrink their sqaud sices down to 5, there will be no upgrade for a sqaud size increase. Would this be to powerful?
The "vehicle auras" would be a flat buff for those who would be able to use them to the full potential. But it has been said that not everyone would be able to do that. The 5 men squads would be flat nerf to everyone - even those who wouldn't be able to fully utilize the aura bonuses. And so it would be "OK change" for a few people but a strong nerf for many.

5 men squads are generally not desireable for the reasons that kwok mentioned in some topic few months ago - they have lower "DPS" by default because they lack that 1 gun compared to other squads, they have to retreat sooner which gives them further combat disadvantage, they can be easier 1-shot by AoE weapons and so on. So it sounds like "just smaller squads", but sooner or later it will be "smaller squads but also some bonuses so they don't die so fast".

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MarKr wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 20:18
Consti255 wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:35
But for example, we would shrink their sqaud sices down to 5, there will be no upgrade for a sqaud size increase. Would this be to powerful?
The "vehicle auras" would be a flat buff for those who would be able to use them to the full potential. But it has been said that not everyone would be able to do that. The 5 men squads would be flat nerf to everyone - even those who wouldn't be able to fully utilize the aura bonuses. And so it would be "OK change" for a few people but a strong nerf for many.

5 men squads are generally not desireable for the reasons that kwok mentioned in some topic few months ago - they have lower "DPS" by default because they lack that 1 gun compared to other squads, they have to retreat sooner which gives them further combat disadvantage, they can be easier 1-shot by AoE weapons and so on. So it sounds like "just smaller squads", but sooner or later it will be "smaller squads but also some bonuses so they don't die so fast".
I think weaponary is a very BIG factor in this game. So if we give for example Panzergrens the ability to get an MG34/MG42, things look way different. Just yesterday Tara destroyed with a leutanant with a MG42.

what if we give Panzergrens upgrades as following:

5 men sqaud starting with Kar98s only
Weapons:
-G43 (stays as it is terms of cost and the volley ability)
-MG34/MG42 (after the logistics upgrade)
-Flamethrower in SE

Abilitys:
-normal grenades
- AT grenades
- Doc specific (Flame nades,mark target,boobytraps)
- maybe a Vet marksmen shot after the G43 as purchased and Vet 3 has been reached?
- Pin down Vehicles or supressing fire after MG got purchased
They loose access to trenches,sandbags and other defensives (Unless in SE after yx unlock)

Ability to repair

Assault grens

5 men sqaud with MP40s only

-STGs 44 for 50ammo each upgrade gives 2 STGs
-Flamethrowers in SE

Abilitys:
- Normal Nade
- AT nade
- Doc specific (Flame Nade, boobytrap)
- Assault after reaching vet 2

Loosing acess to ALL defensive building things and loose the ability to repair

Assault grens will be a dedicated unit to push hard with vehicles nearby, you dont need the repair on it for a simple reason.
USE normal Grens, storm pios, schwimms and other abilitys like the Bunker/Mortarbunker repair station.
Redgaarden wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 18:33

5 man perma sprint squads with smg seems kinda fun/op to me. It would be fun for seal clubbing and nothing else. Pe can't even build mg nests. I wouldn't mind removing trenches because those are pretty un-fun to play against.

What should be the cost of this squad full of mp40/stg? 300 mp? should they be able to repair?
Wouldnt say OP. More like Fun. The thing with the sprinting ability is that your units wont fire while sprinting which they normally do when closeing the gap while moveing normally. It will be good (i mean it should be when you loose one guy for DPS) but less men means less DPS at first, which gives the opponent time to react with his units.
Last edited by Consti255 on 06 Apr 2022, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.
Nerf Mencius

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Several reasons have been stated as to why it is not something we would want to do. The loadout suggestion does not solve or even address any of the things that have been mentioned.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

MarKr wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 21:40
Several reasons have been stated as to why it is not something we would want to do. The loadout suggestion does not solve or even address any of the things that have been mentioned.
Is there any way to make this possible at all? or at least make 5 man assault grens as a new squad sounds like a good idea.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

The suggestion is linked to an overhaul\re-work of TS doctrine, so as long as it follows down that path.. then i'm also against the change, as i stated in a different thread i am generally against any further overhauls\re-works to the current game-play, not to mention most of the suggestions provided only address a different approach to the game-play but doesn't necessarily highlight any critical issues with the current state of balance.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

tarakancheg wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 21:46
Is there any way to make this possible at all? or at least make 5 man assault grens as a new squad sounds like a good idea.
I already said:
MarKr wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 20:18
This is one of the things that sounds cool but once it is implemented, people quickly find out that the "cool factor" is vastly negated by the downsides that they didn't consider in the first place.
Here is an extract of what kwok wrote in this topic:
Trust me this topic WAS tried in my first CoH2 mod. I tried to make smaller teams next to the regular squads. There was almost no reason to use the smaller teams because the scale and meta was just better fit for larger units (more durable, more total firepower, more everything, same proportional cost). Smaller teams were only beneficial to the players who had better micro to the degree of men of war level skill. That's not the vision for BK. Your newer players would only use big squads. Your good players would abuse small squads and frustrate new players. Your good players facing good players will just keep complaining on balance until you basically get either men of war or vcoh.
So this is already proven to cause more problems than benefits, no matter how "cool" it sounds.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Men of war mod when? Singleman rifle squad costs 25 mp. Upgrade bar for 10 muni.

Why have I never thought about this before?

Edit: if you want an assault squad why not just use assault grenadiers with mp44?

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Redgaarden wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 23:32
Men of war mod when? Singleman rifle squad costs 25 mp. Upgrade bar for 10 muni.

Why have I never thought about this before?

Edit: if you want an assault squad why not just use assault grenadiers with mp44?
Its not about the assault sqauds, its arround a overall mechanized gameplay for PE along all factions.
Since it would be a flat out buff, we searched for balance things.
Nerf Mencius

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Trust me this topic WAS tried in my first CoH2 mod. I tried to make smaller teams next to the regular squads. There was almost no reason to use the smaller teams because the scale and meta was just better fit for larger units (more durable, more total firepower, more everything, same proportional cost). Smaller teams were only beneficial to the players who had better micro to the degree of men of war level skill. That's not the vision for BK. Your newer players would only use big squads. Your good players would abuse small squads and frustrate new players. Your good players facing good players will just keep complaining on balance until you basically get either men of war or vcoh.
MarKr wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 22:42
So this is already proven to cause more problems than benefits, no matter how "cool" it sounds.
5 men assault sqauds, without even CP upgrades or anything else not even weapons exist in CW with the sten section. They work nicely if you use them early on with their smoke. The only thing holding them back, are stens, not their size.

I also disagree that this wouldnt change a thing. MGs for example more than double the Firepower of a sqaud. So the DPS disadvantage doesnt take in in later stages (after tiering and buying it)
Good examples are the Storm Pios and Luft Pios, which basicly are 6 but the once starting STG is more than enough to beef up their pirepower SIGNIFICANTLY.
Also, we decrease the sized by 1 and make them cheaper by like 20-30MP. Is this such a Big change that better players absue this against new players on a MoW like micro? Personally i think no. Maybe dont make them even cheaper and give the PE HT the ability to drop down Panzergrens?
Its like, if you arent the kind of person who likes to play this way with PE, there is Luft which will be untouched with its infantry, you can play PE heavy focused on vehicles on their own. Like litereally you can win with just schwimms as your infantry. You even said that by yourself Markr when i wanted some CP changes for SE, that SE has other tools do deal with infantry.

As for arty, yes ofc you "could" loose them faster, but lets be honest, if you have 5 or 6 is that so much of a difference? Also when you use mechanized combine arms, you 1. sprint, which often spreads the sqaud making it less vulrnable to arty and 2. it gives you the opportunity to reinforce on the go with high speeds and momentum. Also i think we have a arty problem in general but thats my opinion.

@Tiger
I think we all know your standpoints.
Last edited by Consti255 on 06 Apr 2022, 09:25, edited 9 times in total.
Nerf Mencius

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Consti255 wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 00:45
5 men assault sqauds, without even CP upgrades or anything else not even weapons exist in CW with the sten section. They work nicely if you use them early on with their smoke. The only thing holding them back, are stens, not their size.
Is that right? In 5.3.0 the Stens got buffed to the level of other SMGs (more accuracy at mid-range, more shots per burst, more damage) and they are still not used more than they used to be before the change. I remember that when we discussed the Sten stats, someone swore that with Stens performing more like other SMGs, the Assault Tommies would be used MUCH more. I cannot say I've seen them used more than before in replays and streams.

Also a quite important part here is the smoke. It allows to dodge fire quite effectively so you can close in on MGs, or MG-equipped squads and use the SMGs at close range. PE infantry wouldn't have that.
Consti255 wrote:
MGs for example more than double the Firepower of a sqaud. So the DPS disadvantage doesnt take in in later stages (after tiering and buying it)
Yes, the LMGs (especially Axis ones) kick the DPS through the roof. That's assuming that PGrens will get them. And here is already the "change A needs also change B which needs change C" because you want to make the sprint aura available to all PE (change A; which would be OP in the right hands), that requires some sort of compensation (change B) - so you came up with smaller squads, which lowers the overall combat efficiency of the effected squads and they would be too weak. To prevent that you suggest to give LMGs to PGrens and SMGs by default to Ass.Grens (change C) and there was a further compensation suggested in form of limiting building defenses (change D). I am pretty sure that it would in the end require even more changes to bring this somewhat into a balanced state. And we should do all that just so you can non-stop sprint around with core PE infantry in any doctrine?
Consti255 wrote:
Also, we decrease the sized by 1 and make them cheaper by like 20-30MP. Is this such a Big change that better players absue this against new players? Personally i think no.
Smaller squad with lower cost would not be abused that much, I guess, but we're talking about smaller squads stock-equipped with short-range weapons and an ability to sprint non-stop. Do you really think that better players wouldn't stomp new players with that?
Consti255 wrote:
As for arty, yes ofc you "could" loose them faster, but lets be honest, if you have 5 or 6 is that so much of a difference? Also when you use mechanized combine arms, you 1. sprint, which often spreads the sqaud making it less vulrnable to arty and 2. it gives you the opportunity to reinforce on the go with high speeds and momentum.
It's not just arty - grenades, HE shots from tanks/field guns, mines, boobytraps. You could more easily lose the whole squad in one "boom".
Its like, if you arent the kind of person who likes to play this way with PE, there is Luft which will be untouched with its infantry, you can play PE heavy focused on vehicles on there own.
I mean...if you are the kind of person who LIKES to play this way, there is TS doc which already provides this ability.
Why force this playstyle on an entire faction when you already have a doctrine where you can use it. People also mentioned that this playstyle is more micro-heavy. Weren't you one of the people who complained that Propaganda is too micro-heavy? In WM you can CHOOSE to go for a micro-heavy doctrine, with this change you will FORCE micro on anyone who plays PE.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

MarKr wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 09:25
Is that right? In 5.3.0 the Stens got buffed to the level of other SMGs (more accuracy at mid-range, more shots per burst, more damage) and they are still not used more than they used to be before the change. I remember that when we discussed the Sten stats, someone swore that with Stens performing more like other SMGs, the Assault Tommies would be used MUCH more. I cannot say I've seen them used more than before in replays and streams.
Sorry not holding them, were holding them back.
Recent game from Tara: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45pIHDB_muc
9:24min

Assault squad pushs over the street due to smoke, kills the assault grens, and secure the MG42.
Sadly they die threw smoke on nearly max range. Very bad luck for tara on that one. He even did work with them, on a map they do struggle on.

Min12:24
pushed int green cover FsR5 and won the fight along side the Leutanant.
MarKr wrote:
Also a quite important part here is the smoke. It allows to dodge fire quite effectively so you can close in on MGs, or MG-equipped squads and use the SMGs at close range. PE infantry wouldn't have that.
Panzergrens are Line Infnantry. Even tho with sprinting, they sould run from cover to cover ith their sprinting. Its the same with all other line infantry in game.
On the other hand, you are right with the assault grens, but arent they get fire up later on? Aswell, they have a grenade throw range like mad mens. If you work with the sprinting, there will be no problems clearing a MG with your nades, even when you are pinned. Even better with the fire nades from SE.
MarKr wrote:
Yes, the LMGs (especially Axis ones) kick the DPS through the roof. That's assuming that PGrens will get them. And here is already the "change A needs also change B which needs change C" because you want to make the sprint aura available to all PE (change A; which would be OP in the right hands), that requires some sort of compensation (change B) - so you came up with smaller squads, which lowers the overall combat efficiency of the effected squads and they would be too weak. To prevent that you suggest to give LMGs to PGrens and SMGs by default to Ass.Grens (change C) and there was a further compensation suggested in form of limiting building defenses (change D). I am pretty sure that it would in the end require even more changes to bring this somewhat into a balanced state. And we should do all that just so you can non-stop sprint around with core PE infantry in any doctrine?
I agree, it would come with some A,B and C changes (wouldn be possible in the first place),but its not like it is just for the sprint and buffs near vehicles/tanks. Its a overall change to PE itself that would help to break up the heavy camping meta, especially the PE camping meta early into the games. Also could bring back more or less underused assault pios and give them a dedicated role, makes vehicles for PE more appealing and ALSO seperate it from WH in terms of gameplay and not just cost and unit performance differences. Overall, i think it is worth a beta test.
MarKr wrote:
Smaller squad with lower cost would not be abused that much, I guess, but we're talking about smaller squads stock-equipped with short-range weapons and an ability to sprint non-stop. Do you really think that better players wouldn't stomp new players with that?
You need to tier quite a bit to acuire these upgrades. Even in HR games, yo wont be able to field assault grens, a HT and aswell tier up to logistics upgrades. Compared to the recent TS unlock, which comes in way earlier if you want to go that route. You nearly have 1 CP just by building all the 3 base buildings.
MarKr wrote:
It's not just arty - grenades, HE shots from tanks/field guns, mines, boobytraps. You could more easily lose the whole squad in one "boom".
True, do the buffs near tanks negate those effects?
MarKr wrote:
I mean...if you are the kind of person who LIKES to play this way, there is TS doc which already provides this ability.
Why force this playstyle on an entire faction when you already have a doctrine where you can use it. People also mentioned that this playstyle is more micro-heavy. Weren't you one of the people who complained that Propaganda is too micro-heavy? In WM you can CHOOSE to go for a micro-heavy doctrine, with this change you will FORCE micro on anyone who plays PE.
Thats a personally oppinion and my overall concern with prop isnt the micro, its overall the reward you get for your micro.
Wouldnt say that you get forced to such plastyle. You dont need to play with combined arms, if yo dont want to. SE still gives your Grens the ability to set down trenches and other defensive stuff if you would like to play slow and deal with enemys the "yeet on them" way.
Luft was always micro intensive, and most player do play luft anyway with its infanry, still you have the choice to play it even more agressive if you like to. TS on the other hand i have to agree with you. But its not like you HAVE to do it. You can play 2 diferent docs. (Same as in WH)
And i am pretty sure, that even without the mechanized ISC upgrades, you can simply make grens work due to their weapons and abilitys.
Nerf Mencius

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

True, do the buffs near tanks negate those effects?
It helps you dodge them immensely
Have never used assault squad since they became 5 man. Do they have huge detection range? saw a video where they revealed stuff could be coincidence, And wasn't it just the Silenced sten that got buffed? because the squads that use them are super expensive.
I dont remember reading patch notes on what was changed with sten.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Redgaarden wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 14:40
Have never used assault squad since they became 5 man. Do they have huge detection range? saw a video where they revealed stuff could be coincidence, And wasn't it just the Silenced sten that got buffed? because the squads that use them are super expensive.
I dont remember reading patch notes on what was changed with sten.
- Changed Sten SMG stats (except for SAS):
-- Changed accuracy settings to 0.85/0.4/0.05/0.03 (from 0.85/0.25(30)/0.05/0.03)
-- Number of bullets per burst set to 10 (from 9-10)
-- Damage increased to 11-16 (from 10-15)